Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Comedy Zone

Old 02-16-2019, 22:13   #1
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Jussie Smollett wins an Academy Award for best Morning Show Cry Scene!

Jussie Smollett has been nominated by the motion picture association for his best acting so far during a morning talk show and interview with Robin Roberts of Good Morning America.

The Academy Awards will be promoting Jussie as co-host and honorary lifetime member for his role in writing, directing, and editing his greatest work. Called:

“I went out for a Subway Tuna Salad foot long at 2:00 AM in nine-degrees and got beat up by the only two other people outside in Chicago that night yelling homophobic and racial slurs while disparaging the President of the United States.”

* Subway is filing a lawsuit for defamation since the attacker’s didn’t take Smollett’s sandwich.

** Clorox and Tabasco are filling lawsuits claiming their products were miss used under mandatory federal labeling standards.

*** The City of Chicago and Chicago Police are filing lawsuits to collect investigative fees and misspent man-hours to follow up on a national level false report.

**** The FBI declines to prosecute because they have enough problems right now dispelling rumors of the “Deep State” within the top levels of the Agency.

https://apple.news/A5I6W1KOATrKhqnmiSMafNw

Roberts from GMA is co-hosting double interviews with Nathan Phillips and Jussie Smollett to promote a new book “Make America Believe Again”

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Did you see the pic of the two attackers?

Jussie gots some splaining to do.

Just read that I.C.E. offered Green Cards to the Nigerians??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52013870_10211886054060395_3967788030399348736_n.jpg (74.9 KB, 60 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 02-17-2019 at 08:04.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:00   #3
rsdengler
Area Commander

Haaaa, Haaaa....LOL too funny; and this guy has been on every evening news, talk shows, and every time you open up the web; his face is plastered front and center. Wow, I don't even know who he was until he became "The Top Story"....Crazy.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 02-17-2019 at 14:34.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 13:29   #4
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Hopefully the next will be

"Coming soon, to a cardboard box in L.A....."

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 13:36   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander

Certainly not very original is he? I won't hold my breath waiting for his tearful apologies or excuses.
Old 02-17-2019, 14:17   #6
tonyz
Area Commander

Just another desperate, sick, leftist with Trump derangement syndrome.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 14:26   #7
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Where Jussie’s going he’s going to enjoy making new friends!

Hey guys I dropped the soap again...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 02-17-2019, 15:08   #8
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post

Were he to go "there" I don't think he would have a problem with dropping the soap there, hell he might just enjoy it. However I will be amazed if he is sent "there."
Old 02-17-2019, 15:14   #9
Paslode
Area Commander

One can only hope he gets some serious jail time for this prank, but it seems few of these bogus hate crimes get little more than a slap on the wrist.
Old 02-17-2019, 15:31   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Were he to go "there" I don't think he would have a problem with dropping the soap there, hell he might just enjoy it. However I will be amazed if he is sent "there."

quote "I've Never Been In the Closet "

https://www.eonline.com/de/news/6334...-in-the-closet

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 16:49   #11
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post

He’s going to congress?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 19:46   #12
Box
Quiet Professional

Expectation management

lets say for the sake of argument that this was a 100% planned, resourced, backstopped, and executed con-game.
So what?

There is a legion of national media types waiting to turn this joker into a folk hero for "starting a dialogue"
...he didn't "hurt" anyone - he just an "actor" and he was plying his trade - he was "acting"
...he used his celebrity to shine a light on "social injustice" and all that jazz

This poor guy is a victim.

Manage your expectations so you aren't too disappointed when he is exalted for his efforts - at best, try to be happy if he just fades away. Then, of course, there is always the possibility that some part of his story turns out to be true....
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 20:27   #13
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

This poor guy is a victim.

Manage your expectations.
You know you are 100% correct. Smollet is a victim, he is a victim of the SJW’s declared war on Trump. The rabid 24-hour a day TDS from MSM is driving the weakest amongst us to self-immolate just to further the message.

When he has served his purpose he will be gone and forgotten by the MSM. If he should commit suicide as a result of this it will not be his fault but the fault of “white privileged, sis-gendered, heterosexual men” who are to blame. His friends and co-stars will exalt him to honorary status as what’s wrong with society and the hate that perpetuates this exclusion within our society.

Of course that’s all bullish!t because Jussie Smollet always had a choice to live a different life than the one he’s chosen. I feel nothing for him...he chose poorly. A victim of his own choices.

Old 02-17-2019, 20:29   #14
PSM
Area Commander

To paraphrase POTUS: "Fake noose!"

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:00   #15
tonyz
Area Commander

Victor Davis Hanson has captured the gist of the Smollett fiasco. I cut and paste only 1 of his 3 reactions. Complete article at link below.

Yes, ‘This Is America, 2019’
By Victor Davis Hanson| February 24th, 2019
American Greatness

There have been so far about three general reactions to the concocted Jussie Smollett psychodrama.

“Racism Against “Racists” Is Not Racism
Yet the third, most important, and most ignored reaction was that in some sense Smollett himself was a racist and had committed a hate crime.

His farce is yet another example that it is now largely permissible to slur and smear millions of purported Trump supporters, as either defined by their stereotyped race and gender or their red hats (with or without a logo). As pundits and talking heads nearly wept on screen in their worries about future potential hate crimes that might now not be taken seriously, they abjectly ignored the real hate crime that had just occurred. In truth, Smollett had done his best to ignite some sort of popular racially driven vendetta against conservative white male voters, previously known as “clingers,” “crazies,” “deplorables,” and “irredeemables” who, our elites warn, smell up Walmart, gross America out with toothless smiles, and should be swapped out for new immigrants.

Or as courageous Smollett described the motives for the faux-attack of his two Nigerian-American contractors, supposedly dressed up as Donald Trump’s white ogres, “I come really, really hard against 45”—that is, Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States—“I come really hard against his administration, and I don’t hold my tongue. I could only go off of their words. I mean, who says, “f—ot Empire n—er,” “This is MAGA country, n—er,” ties a noose around your neck, and pours [frozen?] bleach on you? And this is just a friendly fight? I will never be the man that this did not happen to. Everything is forever changed.”

In fact, no one says that, Jussie, and no one ever did say that except you who scripted the dialogue.

Given that the Smollett myth followed so closely after the Covington kids fiction, we can surmise that Smollett counted on two popular reactions: the left-wing public was still thirsty for more “proof” of MAGA white hatred, even if poorly scripted and logically implausible; and, second, Smollett was not much worried about any serious consequences if he should be caught once again in a made-up hate crime.

To paraphrase CNN anchorwoman Brooke Baldwin, who in careerist fashion immediately sought to gin up popular outrage over the Smollett “hate crime” attack: “This is America, 2019.”

Baldwin is right in her inference that we really are suffering from a national illness—and her own fact-free, careerist-driven editorializing and others like it are the proof.”

https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/24/y...-america-2019/

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote