Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 08-19-2018, 11:02   #31
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Imagine if you will

A retired military swamp critter hoping to be a future POTUS candidate
Aspiring to be the LEFT'S #1 FAG(former action guy) boy with a chance to beat 45
Looking for a blessing from fellow swamp rats like Clinton.
Looking to curry favours from the Kalifornacate elites
Looking for a bazillion bucks donner like Sores
Looking for more than 15 minutes on MSM

I can see a bunch of reasons to make stupid statements that piss off the Right,
while at the same time piling up at-a-boys from the Left
In my eyes....

Loss of credibility and support from many many soldiers sailors airmen and marines past and present.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 17:53   #32
exsquid
Quiet Professional

ADM (Ret) McRaven is a sharp guy with a big intellect. I consider his book Spec Ops: Case Studies in Special Operations Warfare Theory and Practice to be a must read. A common issue with such people though is they tend to think that they are smarter than everybody else. Possibly this is the issue with him.

x/S
Old 08-19-2018, 19:21   #33
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
ADM (Ret) McRaven is a sharp guy with a big intellect. I consider his book Spec Ops: Case Studies in Special Operations Warfare Theory and Practice to be a must read. A common issue with such people though is they tend to think that they are smarter than everybody else. Possibly this is the issue with him.

x/S
I have no problem with his service. I feel that while in the military you should be apolitical even the GOs. You have to politic at those high levels inside the service but we serve the country not a party.

After you retire do what you want and he has. He has shown his far left leaning and it dumbfounded me when he cam out against citizens right to bear arms. That caused me to put in in the box with all other shithead politicians. He supports Hillary and that caused me to lock the box and throw away the key. That just me.....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 19:53   #34
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
There is a large number of people in the IC that consider those two positions the same. There are still many patriots too but something must happen when career employees get elevated to the executive service: they lose sense of WHO we serve and apparently care more about leaving their mark on the org.

After 8 years of BHO, we, in general, act like an abused child after to do anything unless we do it together (via working groups) in order to avoid responsibility for decision making and blame it on “bureaucracy”.

Folks who advocate for “speed, surprise, and violence of action” are quickly sidelined as cowboys.
I completely agree with the reality of a person who accepts that level are more than likely compromised to an extent anyway and in that case we must defer to the policies of whom they serve. Personally I do not believe that public servants are to be idealistically promiscuous to survive in an organization or government in this era where revolution is near impossible given our consistent revolutions over government officials every 2-4-6 yrs however the equivalent today must be for a patriot is to be willing to not shed literal blood but to shed proverbial and institutional blood in protest through actions such as speaking out.

There are many who say they believe in loyalty to country in words but in actions would never stand against something as evil as the fallen Messiah's BHO administration by protesting and speaking out even if they pay a career penalty but few will or would....their tends to be a practical and philosophical attitude towards these actions as not really helping anything but undermining the individual.....the idea of playing politics to further a career makes me sick especially politics and policies so diametrically opposed as Obama's were to America's best interest. Somewhere out their a true believer exists and it is these that will stand over the ashes and rebuild freedom......Not in a million years will you convince me that someone who served as a senior O level and gained rank under the previous administration had the intent of gaining position to top cover the troops

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 08-19-2018 at 19:55.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:36   #35
Box
Quiet Professional

So, just a thought...

If being smart, having a knack for leading people in a tough business, and maybe even shooting a few people along the way is all it takes to gain AUTOMATIC and LIFELONG respect and admiration along with a bottomless pit of credibility and freedom to say and do whatever the fuck you want without fear of retribution; why in the fuck arent there more politicians from MS-13., the Bloods, the Crips, and Hells Angels

Or is it really just another case of elitist entitlement?

Have we really decide to give people lifelong "beyond reproach" status?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:50   #36
EricV
Guerrilla

Here's another one...

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...ilege-n2511233

Pulling Their Clearances Is Only the Start – It’s Time to Stamp out Elite Privilege
Kurt Schlichter

Help, I’m being oppressed! My freedom of speech was been utterly stripped from me because when I retired from the Army those fascist monsters took away my TOP SECRET security clearance. See, a security clearance is a special privilege I should be entitled to exploit for as long as I want to because… well, shut up peasant, that’s why. I learned this in my Con Law class, right after we studied the Constitution’s text enumerating the rights to abortion, wedding cake baking servitude, and to be called by the bizarre pronoun of your – I mean “xir” – choice.

Oh wait, all of that – except the giving up my clearance part – is utter nonsense.

But John Brennan, that hack, and his elite pals are supposed to get the special privilege of keeping it. Why? As a professional courtesy. See, security clearances are things you pass out as favors or rewards, I guess, at least among the elite. Courtesy among them, nothing for you, though. You aren’t special. You’re just some guy serving his country and not turning it into a profit center on the outside. Like a sucker.

I got my clearance for the same reason you readers who got one got yours –because I needed it to do my job in the service of our country. And when I stopped needing it because I was no longer doing a job in the service of my country, I didn’t get to keep it to inflate my value as a pundit or “consultant.” Mine went away. As did yours, I’ll wager. The chances are pretty infinitesimal that you are one of the special somebodies who get handed power and privilege not to serve our country but as a perk for being part of the in-crowd.

Being a colonel was just a job for me, and doing what you did was just a job for you. But for a lot of these retired generals and senior bureaucrat timeservers, it’s a lifestyle. I always saw my eagle as leased; they think they hold the pink slip on their positions. Oh, and do they ever have contempt for Normals like you.

Security clearances get pulled routinely when the holder no longer needs access because the fewer people with access, the safer the info is – pretty basic stuff. But hey, we’ll take the chance on classified info spilling if it means elite jerks can get to bask in the warm light of being In The Know. It’s not like any of our betters ever got caught up in classified info shenanigans. Not Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit. Not that Towering Doofus James Comey. Not David Petreaus. And not his mistress.

Oh, wait – all of them totally did. But, of course, these elite malefactors are all in jail, because you or I would be if we did what they did. Aren’t they?

Oh, right. They aren’t. They’re special. More professional courtesy. More special rules for special people.

Now, we’re also told that these special somebodies need to keep their clearances in case someone actually in the government who is actually doing a government job (instead of raking in bucks as a “consultant” or pundit) wants to ask their sage advice. How would that go with John Brennan?

“Hey John, it’s Don. Yeah, no hard feelings. Anyway, I needed to pick your brain about some stuff that you have a unique perspective on. So, how do I lie to Congress and get away with it? How about leaking to the liberal media – any pro tips? Oh, and how do I get 30 of our sources in China caught and shot? Yeah, I know you weren’t in charge of the CIA then, but you can tell me how you repaired the damage when you were Director. Oh. You didn’t. Awkward.”

If we had a real media and not the world’s most pompous Democrat transcription service, the CIA’s blown Chinese spy ring disaster would be front page news but hey, Omarosa! In any case, the only consulting anyone should do with the members of this class of unmitigated failures whose incompetence brought us 9/11, Iraq, Libya, ISIS, and a future where we would all be wise to learn Mandarin, is to ask their opinion and then do the opposite – Costanza style.

Let’s look at our elite’s track record of success. Don’t worry – it won’t take long. We’re still chasing bandits in Afghanistan after nearly 17 years, the Navy can’t stop running into other people’s boats, and our best and brightest in the FBI are texting each other like teens while they try to undo the election. They can’t be bothered with things like, I don’t know, following up on warnings about psychotic freaks who get online and announce their plan to shoot up schools. Oh, and remember the 2008 economic collapse? I’m thinking you weren’t the one making bad bets with billions of dollars that brought it all tumbling down. By the way, guess how many people the feds tossed in the pokey for the 2008 meltdown that cost you and me a trillion bucks? One. Uno. A single dude.

If you lifted $50 of Coors Light from a 7-Eleven fridge, where would you be?

Our elite is a failure that is fixated on its own privilege and avoiding accountability. As my upcoming book Militant Normals: How Regular Americans Are Rebelling Against the Elite to Reclaim Our Democracywonders, is it too much to ask that our elite actually be elite? Is it too much to ask that we have one standard of accountability?

The liberals are right about something – privilege is destroying our country. But it’s not privilege based on what hellhole your great-great-great grandfather escaped from or the kind of biological plumbing you were born with. It is privilege based on your membership in a selfish, feckless, unaccomplished caste of schmucks that fancies itself our betters yet rejects, with the help of a complicit liberal press, any kind of accountability for the mess it’s made of everything.

You know why you got Trump? Because Donald Trump, with all his quirks, is exponentially more competent, capable, and trustworthy when it comes to running this country for the benefit of Normal Americans than the sorry collection of Ivy League-credentialed dimwits, progressive poohbahs, and Fredocon enablers that masquerades as America’s elite.

Pull their security clearances? Yeah, but that’s just a start. Strip them of all of the privileges they haven’t earned, then ship the whole useless bunch of them off to a desert island and see if they can survive eating their own smugness.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:53   #37
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Retired military officers are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) under Article 2 of the UCMJ, which extends the jurisdiction of military law to “Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay.” “Retirees are subject to the UCMJ and may be tried by court-martial for violations … that occurred … while in a retired status.”

Article 88 of the UCMJ criminalizes “contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State.”
Open Letter to Admiral Mcraven

Do McRaven's public comments about POTUS rise to the level of court martial under the UCMJ? Or have we long passed the point of holding officers to a standard of behavior as outlined by the UCMJ?
Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Quote:
Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 15:11   #38
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

McRaven is a political sycophant. He is also a member of the anti-American sovereignty swamp stink-tank known as the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations). That tells me all I need to know about him. This was posted by Matt Bracken yesterday; and it should clear up any confusion.

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...ken-sends-171/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg McRaven.jpg (141.3 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-22-2018, 22:56   #39
ProudGSMom
Asset

Is his name spelled correctly?

Can’t help myself, but every time I see his name, I think the capitalization is off. Shouldn’t it be, at least as far as his moral compass post-service is concerned,
Will I AmCraven?
~
"Islam" means "Submission" we are Americans, we do not submit.
~
PS, Sgt. x, you met him before we deployed. He is asking for Double Stuffed Oreos.
~
~~~excerpts from letters home, PFC Andrew Meari, KIA 11/1/10
ProudGSMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39   #40
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

McRaven is back in the news attacking POTUS Trump over recent remarks and events.

I hope that with all the smudge marks and black eyes NSW (namely SEALs) have some that won’t “buff out” will bring to light an Admiral complicit in rampant corruption and cover ups including murder and war crimes going all the way to President Obama.

McRaven should be lucky to retire in peace with all the shenanigans and mistakes SEALs have made since the beginning of GWOT/EF.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 17:39   #41
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

To us that served under the last administration his attitude is no surprise.....its commanders like ADM McRaven that the military is still stacked with these leaders are more than sycophants they are true blue leftist liberals.....most of them today think like McRaven a man who apparently lacked the judgement to see the evil in the Democrats policies but I can't give a SOCOM 4 star that pass he is too educated and too informed to not know how destructive they were.....the conclusion must be he is willing to allow the greatness of this country suffer for his own personal ambitions......Votel, Thomas and Milley are of the same ilk no doubt. How can one lead a military and defend the constitution and yet not know how molested she will be under Democrats and more importantly not realize that citizens also see their lack of faith.

Hyper conventional SEAL's and JSOC does not surprise why he is so one dimensional and straight forward in thinking and part of the reason the genius of UW fell to the wayside

McCraven knows the liberal mainstream media will come to his rescue.

I have no issue noting his support of Brennan, BHO and Clinton is a betrayal of the Armed Forces and the Constitution...a 4 star absolutely knows the Communism is the enemy of our republic......then again under leaders like him I can see how the SOF world became the whipping boy of the SJW's.

Trump is the best thing that happened to this country a mans man who rules with strength and fears nothing....BTW his intellect and strategic thinking is way beyond our military leaders his endorsement of Pelosi for speaker of the house is human chess 101 LOL....2 more years of her stupidity knowing how fractured the Dems are this is an amazing move.....ADM McRaven s so far over his intellectual head it isn't funny he can take his stupid "relative firepower" what a genius idea duh but we still prefer 3-1 fire superiority if available.....and go back to eating paint chips

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 11-19-2018 at 18:02.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 20:50   #42
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Adm. William McRaven, Trannie Wannabe

Personally I think Adm. William McRaven is one reality show away from wearing women's clothing, cutting off his dick and moving in with bruce jenner.

Adm. William McRaven, nothing but a bottom-feeding left-wing shill.

(And when the military or any military association tells you its a bad idea to use your military creds in politics tell'em to fuck off. These O-7's 8's 9's etc have been playing politicians for decades.)
Old 11-19-2018, 23:30   #43
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Admiral ????

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, AT LEAST BRUCE JENNER WAS A OLYMPIC ATHELETE, The admiral was and is an average sailor....my opinion. tom kelly
Old 11-20-2018, 05:59   #44
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Personally I think Adm. William McRaven is one reality show away from wearing women's clothing, cutting off his dick and moving in with bruce jenner.

Adm. William McRaven, nothing but a bottom-feeding left-wing shill.

(And when the military or any military association tells you its a bad idea to use your military creds in politics tell'em to fuck off. These O-7's 8's 9's etc have been playing politicians for decades.)

HaaaaaWaaaHaaa....LOL....too funny, yep you have to say it like it is......Adm. McRaven needs to stay retired; that means STFU and decide if those stilettos he bought will go with that sequined dress.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote