Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 07-14-2009, 07:20   #1
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Blitz only Thread

I am posting this thread seperately of the other "what's new" thread because I have over (update to 300) persons associated with this site that are using the Blitz system.

I would like all of the persons who have been sent copies of the Blitz to post results and opinions here for ease of coordination the info for further work in this area.

As I have stated and will defend to the end is that this system is the only "NEW" exercise system on the planet. I think if we deal with it here there will be less confusion for the other systems as there is no comparission between these and the Blitz ..

Thanks and good luck to you all.
I am trying to get the Groups to adapt this system as the primary source of strength and endurance for the troops.
There is no need to "hire" a strength coach for each Group ,when the Team members can be trained to Blitz their teams and the Groups can better spend their money on Proper equipment to blitz.. Big savings on money with a Much, much, better result. Blitz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 01-19-2011 at 09:26. Reason: Update usage numbers>
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 14:00   #2
Soak60
SF Candidate

2 weeks so far

I've been using the Blitz as my "light lift" workout to alternate with my heavier workouts; doing 2 days a week using Blitz for chest/arms and shoulders/back, and then 2 "traditional" lifting days later in the week. (I work my abs and do pushups and run/cardio/ruck regardless of whether I lift or not)

The Blitz days are MUCH harder, and it's too soon to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure having Blitz as my alternate is increasing my max reps on the heavier days (I am shooting for being able to bench 225lbs 20+reps, not going to go over that weight for max- I weigh 200lbs atm, shooting to lower to 185). Either way, I think I'm more smoked overall on Blitz days than traditional days.

Question though: I'm working through to a minute, but I had to actually lower the weight to less than 1/3 of my 1-rep max. I tried doing exactly 1/3, but ended up having to stop and rest, so I moved the weight down for the following sets rather than have to put the bar down for 10 seconds. Is this acceptable, or do I need to try harder?

Alex
Soak60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 16:03   #3
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak60 View Post
I've been using the Blitz as my "light lift" workout to alternate with my heavier workouts; doing 2 days a week using Blitz for chest/arms and shoulders/back, and then 2 "traditional" lifting days later in the week. (I work my abs and do pushups and run/cardio/ruck regardless of whether I lift or not)

The Blitz days are MUCH harder, and it's too soon to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure having Blitz as my alternate is increasing my max reps on the heavier days (I am shooting for being able to bench 225lbs 20+reps, not going to go over that weight for max- I weigh 200lbs atm, shooting to lower to 185). Either way, I think I'm more smoked overall on Blitz days than traditional days.

Question though: I'm working through to a minute, but I had to actually lower the weight to less than 1/3 of my 1-rep max. I tried doing exactly 1/3, but ended up having to stop and rest, so I moved the weight down for the following sets rather than have to put the bar down for 10 seconds. Is this acceptable, or do I need to try harder?

Alex
Unfortunately, without me there to coach you are left to what you "feel"
I am going to tell you Not to do anything else while on the Blitz. The other lifting will give a detrimental affect to Blitzing.
I do not care that you may feel guilty not having a traditional lift day. I totaly reccomend NOT DOING anything else while Blitzing. Your gains will be beyond all expected results. Please read the Performance points again. They are "critical" to the outcomes. Push the 1 minutes without stopping, and I know if you are doing a 1/3 wt. workout you can do a full minute. You must keep the tertiary muscle fibers engaged by NOT STOPIING during that 1 minute. Go as absolutely fast as you can push reps and keep the motion through the 1 minute no matter how "slow" you end up. In a bout 2 weeks you should be smoking the entire minute.
I say you should start with Blitz alone.. You will be amazed, amazed. Dave Boltz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 12-01-2009 at 15:16.
Old 07-14-2009, 16:31   #4
tcush
Asset

Blitzzz,

I'm planning to start your program next week, but haven't been able to find your suggested frequency in either the pdf hosted on the main site here or old posts. I am most likely going to do full body circuits. Every other day?

Thanks
tcush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 18:08   #5
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

A note to all....

Because this is a single thread, I can answer many questions here and many other people can get the answers. First question on frequency.

By Nautilus studies, One requires 48 to 92 hours between total fatique systems. I have seen very good results with a work out every 48 hours and as little as 2 per week.

The fatique levels will be unlike anything you have experienced prior.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 12-01-2009 at 15:18.
Old 07-14-2009, 18:15   #6
Praetorian
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
Because this is a single thread, I can snswer many questions heere and many other people can get the amswers. First qyestion on frequency.
So doing the same routine daily or twice a day would be detrimental?
Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 18:17   #7
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

Is it possible to do this program successfully with free-weights? It seemed from the documents that a system such as bowflex would be better.
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 20:29   #8
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Blitzing is done at such a high rep rate that many pieces of equipment are not appropriate for use. Best results are with cable machines like Bow Flex, Weider Crossbow, Weider Cross Bar platinum, Bio flex. Keiser pneumatic equipment, And Power tech leverage type equipment.

The reason standard stack weights don’t work well is because of the high speed of reps, which cause the weights to free float and limit the rep speed.

Free weights work well but care in exercise design requires LOG and ensuring full range of motion.
Free weights are fine when exercises are designed with most of the motion IN the line of gravity. A good trainer will be able to design the exercises. The advantage of free weights is the "plyometric" effect of the hyper speed reps (the deceleration and acceleration of each rep. Works fine!!

Some detail on the different Machines.

The Blitz system requires detailed weight increases as you progress, and these increases will require 1# increments. With that being the case you may have to use 1 a 2 pound wrist weights to correct the weight.

1. Bow Flex uses power rods that provide 5# incremental increases.

2. Weider Cross Bow uses 10# resisted bars. will need to have 5# and $ one # wts for each arm additional.

3. Weider Cross Bar platinum has 1# incremental changes electrical Box to set resistance.

4. Bio Flex has 10# increments on a slide bar. very smooth and fast

5. Keiser equipment is pneumatic controlled at 1# increments. (excellent machines)

6. Power Tech equipment uses a lever system and plate weights, so weights can be applied as needed. Good machines but may be to heavy at starting weights. ( many other companies are now producing leverage machines )

7. Bow Flex Revolution, looks to be a good option.

There are likely to be more machines that will work, but will have to be researched further. This is just a list to give ideas for setting up a gym, or finding similar equipment.

Blitz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 11-01-2010 at 20:35.
Old 07-14-2009, 20:34   #9
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
So doing the same routine daily or twice a day would be detrimental?
Will not produce as you may think. Take a good 48 to 92 hours and results will be scary. Blitz

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-14-2009, 20:41   #10
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

How often does one do the program? I reviewed the documents and do see it. Does one do all 8 exercises 3 days a week?
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 21:13   #11
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Blitz,

The limitations of standard cable machines are what I have been experiencing.

How about some free-weight exercises that in your experience work well with your system?

I'm re-habbing my shoulder right now after thowing it out throwing the shot-put (like an idiot) coaching my kids track team ... but when I was going balls-out using your program to the best that the machines at the gym allowed I was VERY happy with the results.

all the best,

abc
Old 07-15-2009, 21:47   #12
dmgedgoods
Guerrilla

I am having the same issues as abc 123. I push it on the cable machines, but feel like I am not maximizing the gains. I have not been able to commit fully to the program due to work constraints; however, I have noticed a marked increase in my ruck performance.

If there is a free weight alternative, please enlighten us. It would seem that using the same principal would work with free weights, but I don't want to get carried away.

Shawn
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02   #13
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Free weights

Free weights work well but care in exercise design requires LOG and ensuring full range of motion.
Free weights are fine when exercises are designed with most of the motion IN the line of gravity. A good trainer will be able to design the exercises. The advantage of free weights is the "plyometric" effect of the hyper speed reps (the deceleration and acceleration of each rep. Works fine!!
This previous statement says "yes" to free weights.
Here are some pointers:
1. Blitzing is Blitzing.
2. Design circuits the same (6 to 8 exercises)
3. Ensure each exercise is positioned as to provide the most of the weight's "travel" is in the Line Of Gravity (LOG).
4. The "plyometric" effect is a good advantage of free weights and introduced into the exercises by the hyper speed reps (the deceleration and acceleration of each rep).
5. Pay strict attention to the "preformance Points" I sent you.
6. 20% increses in weight after "goal Reps" are met in 3 circuits of each exercise as it happens.
7. A modification to free weight use is to recalculate your Starting weight to 1/4th of your 1 RM as opposed to 1/3rd. This should decrease problems created be #4.
May the Force be with You. Blitzzz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 11-11-2010 at 08:32. Reason: Add a update.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:16   #14
MILON
Guerrilla

Blitzzz,

I've been reading the thread and have a question.

Can you define in the Line of Gravity? I believe I know what this means, but want to make sure I have the right idea.

Thanks,

Milon
MILON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 21:23   #15
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILON View Post
Blitzzz,

I've been reading the thread and have a question.

Can you define in the Line of Gravity? I believe I know what this means, but want to make sure I have the right idea.

Thanks,

Milon
Draw an imaginary line straight through you head to toe.
Imagine a weight on that line....then understand that as the weight move up that line it's resistance is the same. to move that weight outside that line will change it resistance.

Okay..If you are standing and are doing a curl. The resistance to your Bicep is increased as the weight moves away (arching) from the body. It's greatest resistance to the bicept is 90 degrees out in front. As you continue to raise the weight toword you it decreases in resistance.

Think of the diifferences of doing a sit up on level ground then on a elevated plan or on a declining plan easier.

Just use apporved exercises and good posture. Okay?

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 11-01-2010 at 20:34.