Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 02-10-2015, 09:45   #1
Plunket hopeful
Asset

southern utah training partner.

Any 19th guardsmen in Dixie, Iron country, or Beaver? Looking for someone to help me get ready for the NG version of 18x
Plunket hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunket hopeful View Post
Any 19th guardsmen in Dixie, Iron country, or Beaver? Looking for someone to help me get ready for the NG version of 18x
1st fill out your profile.

2nd within 13 min of doing your intro you are starting a thread.

Sit back and doo a lot of reading then after trying what has been provided if you still need someone to motivate you reach out for someone.

SF is looking for self starters. SF needs people that can adapt and do things on their own and as a team.

PT is pretty straight forward. No one is going to drag you through a workout or ruck march so you need to reach down inside and motivate yourself first.

Good luck on your quest for obtaining your goal.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:10   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Search for and read, "A Message to Garcia."

That is who we are looking for.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:25   #4
Plunket hopeful
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
1st fill out your profile.

I thought i had but forgot to save it

2nd within 13 min of doing your intro you are starting a thread.

I've been a member of this forum for a year now, I just haven't had anything to say until now.

Sit back and doo a lot of reading then after trying what has been provided if you still need someone to motivate you reach out for someone.

been reading for a year.

SF is looking for self starters. SF needs people that can adapt and do things on their own and as a team.

understood

PT is pretty straight forward. No one is going to drag you through a workout or ruck march so you need to reach down inside and motivate yourself first.

fair enough.

Good luck on your quest for obtaining your goal.
thank you, I need all the luck I can get.

I have a handle on PT. It would be nice if i had someone to evaluate me.

I mostly want someone to teach me land navigation, as there are no clubs local to me.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:45   #5
booker
Guerrilla

Quote:
thank you, I need all the luck I can get.

I have a handle on PT. It would be nice if i had someone to evaluate me.

I mostly want someone to teach me land navigation, as there are no clubs local to me.
Friendly words of advise: do more searching, less posting. Learn now that you need to present yourself in the most professional manner possible at all times, which includes things like proper grammar, etc while on a forum. Be a self starter, be a problem solver. Most of your questions are not unique and have been covered at some point in time. In particular, the topic of land navigation has been covered here quite well, particularly by TR and other QPs. Remember, luck is what happens when hard work meets opportunity.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:13   #6
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker View Post
Friendly words of advise: do more searching, less posting. Learn now that you need to present yourself in the most professional manner possible at all times, which includes things like proper grammar, etc while on a forum. Be a self starter, be a problem solver. Most of your questions are not unique and have been covered at some point in time. In particular, the topic of land navigation has been covered here quite well, particularly by TR and other QPs. Remember, luck is what happens when hard work meets opportunity.
Excuse me, I don't see QP under your handle.......
Old 02-11-2015, 12:41   #7
Plunket hopeful
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker View Post
I only asked one question, how could you make the assertion that most of my questions not unique? I used the Search and nobody seems to have asked about training partners in southern Utah. How do you know I haven't read the material on this forum pertaining to Navigation?

Is this some kind of weird internet hazing? I don't need this noise.
Old 02-11-2015, 14:33   #8
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Try looking for training partner. I found almost 60 threads.

Where they asking for southern Utah, maybe not, but that is not the answer you should be reading..

Quote:
Is this some kind of weird internet hazing? I don't need this noise.
If I was starting the process again, I would take any and all suggestions of the QP's on the fora very seriously.

They counsel not haze..

If you are concerned with hazing, take a deep breath, let it out slowly, and butch it up butter-cup.

It only gets better...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 14:42   #9
Plunket hopeful
Asset

The guy I was addressing did not have QP under his name.
Old 02-11-2015, 15:26   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
The guy I was addressing did not have QP under his name.
Immaterial, a thin skin is not a good trait. Capiche?

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 17:52   #11
Plunket hopeful
Asset

Capisco

Anyway, I hope that I can find someone local.

Last edited by Plunket hopeful; 02-11-2015 at 17:58.