Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18B

Old 11-23-2013, 11:19   #31
TRU
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I think its a great idea to add more metal on your kit to hold something. I can't wait to see all the "light weight" Velcro replaced by heavy metal.

Brilliant if you ask me.
I agree, that's why I told him to do it . I don't trust the magnetic mag pouches and have seen mags come out on the range. Definitely don't trust it to hold my shotgun to my kit. Not to mention, if it's strong enough to hold the gun to you while moving, wouldn't it be a huge pain in the ass to get free when you need it?

You could try the Remington SRD and see if it works with your kit setup, and no magnets or over-engineered devices to deal with.
TRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:29   #32
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Since there are metal particles in most dirt and sand. Seems like a lot of dirt/dust would get stuck to it. Someone at work wanted the students to use these, thats why I asked.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:42   #33
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
Since there are metal particles in most dirt and sand. Seems like a lot of dirt/dust would get stuck to it. Someone at work wanted the students to use these, thats why I asked.
You would be correct Keith.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 16:38   #34
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Like if you had to roll on the ground, near rotor wash, breaching. All kinds of crap would stick to these powerful magnets. They work in Mass effect just fine thou, computer game.
Old 11-23-2013, 21:25   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
Like if you had to roll on the ground, near rotor wash, breaching. All kinds of crap would stick to these powerful magnets. They work in Mass effect just fine thou, computer game.
Think about how easy they are to slide apart rather than pull apart.

IMHO, if you perform any IMT with these attaching your kit, you are going to be leaving weapons and gear all over the battlefield.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 17:51   #36
orko
Quiet Professional

I recall there was an issued magnet pouch with molle attachments on the reverse. it held two zippo sized earth magnets on the inside. never seen it used for its inteded pourpose but can't forget the day I was playing with it in the team room and the things snapped together and gave me a blood blister I won't forget

can't seem to locate a photo of it, we used it to hold notes to the outside of the bravo locker
orko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 19:16   #37
mac21
SF Candidate

They were banned from my SFAUC class after the first live fire CQB day. Guys would go in the room and start deminishing their sector and the shotgun would come loose and swing around. We had 6 on my team that were give to us by S8, but I use them to hold screws when I'm gunsmithing in the cage, not doing CQB.

Mac...
mac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 20:04   #38
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac21 View Post
...................but I use them to hold screws when I'm gunsmithing in the cage, not doing CQB.
One of the same things I use them for when working with screws in my shop.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 20:07   #39
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
One of the same things I use them for when working with screws in my shop.
You can also use them to find dropped screws, if you didn't use them to retain the screws earlier.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:25   #40
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Last Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Think about how easy they are to slide apart rather than pull apart.

IMHO, if you perform any IMT with these attaching your kit, you are going to be leaving weapons and gear all over the battlefield.

TR
Maybe that was the intended purpose... Last Man in a Stick has the magnets to police up all the gear.

SEALs could have used magnets on thier last madia blitz.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 22:57   #41
a-3-7
Quiet Professional

magnets

http://www.bulldogequipment.us/produ...-shotgun-sling

I have seen these in use. They seem to work pretty well with a flat Remington 870 steel receiver.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:30   #42
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

We use them….

to find fridges.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 23:56   #43
fox33c1
Asset

I have an R2S that was made by a 19th group guy from Texas

It works with a dovetail that fits into a receiver plate.

It works well and I like it.

the website is not good but it can be found under R2S from bad company tactical
fox33c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 22:25   #44
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Maybe these guys can help? They only show one that attaches to your fender but maybe they make something "tacticool"...

http://www.magnetguncaddy.com/
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote