Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-26-2004, 15:47   #1
BadMuther
Guerrilla

Tactical assault sytems chest rig

Anyone familiar with this one?

http://www.optactical.com/chsymoiv.html

I was looking at the patroller platform. Split-chest, 10 pals channels a side.

I love my 2-pc TT MAV, but I can get so much more on my RACK just by the addition of 2 more pals channels.

Anyone familiar with their products?

I looked at the Hellcat's, but that seems like a hell of a lot of money just for the body. Does the hellcat mk2/3 have a full 20 pals channels available, or does the buckles in front interfere with the use of all available channels?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2004, 19:51   #2
eggroll
Guerrilla

Upon inspection, the Hellcat 1 does have 20 PALS channels available.

TAS gear is decently constructed, on or just above that of TT level of build quality. You do get what you pay for.

Before placing your order for any gear, be sure to call and CONFIRM availability of said items in the style and color that you want. Otherwise you may be left hanging.

EGGROLL
Old 03-28-2004, 22:17   #3
BadMuther
Guerrilla

Thanks Egg.

Looking at some pics, it looks like the hellcat 1,2, 3 all have 20 pals loops...

Check out these two links....

opstactical

In that one it appears that the chest straps interfere with the use of all the pals channels....

But in this one....

lighfighter

It does not.....

I really wish Tactical Tailor would just make their 2-pc MAV with 10 Pals channels on each side-that would solve all my problems!!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:45   #4
eggroll
Guerrilla

what problems? two year + and yours is the first comment I have heard regarding the apparent interference of the "chest strap"

What are you referring to? and what exactly are you trying to configure?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:52   #5
BadMuther
Guerrilla

I was saying that if you look at the two links I provided, in the opstactical link it appears the placement of the chest strap buckles interferes with the use of all the pals channels available. Like the buckle would interfere with lacing a pouch on, and therefore you would lose one pal channel on each side. Similiar to the BHI Omega Pals vest.

I was only asking because I haven't physically used one and I was soliciting comments from those who had.

As for my configuration, here's pics of my rack here....

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...=&pagenumber=3

I'm carrying 4 m4 pouches, 1 radio pouch, 2 double stacked frag pouches, 2 100rd saw pouches, and 2 canteen covers on my Rack.

If TT would make there 2-pc MAV with an additonal pals channel on each side (10 a side, 20 in all) I could get the same configuration on my 2-pc mav.
Old 03-29-2004, 20:47   #6
eggroll
Guerrilla

guess you havent seen one of these up close... the reason for the premium over TT's MAV is the fact that the hellcat carries 6 30rnd mags IN the harness itself and that the PALS front extend forward approximately an inch - No interference with the two strap buckles as you pouches would not be in the way.
Old 03-31-2004, 21:46   #7
optactical
Quiet Professional

Eggroll's fat civilian ass said: Before placing your order for any gear, be sure to call and CONFIRM availability of said items in the style and color that you want. Otherwise you may be left hanging.

I have never had an order held for over 2 months, and fill 97% within 30 days, most right off of the shelf. Most items if they are facing a lengthy backorder have the ordering turned off on them. If items are backordered I have never left anyone out of the loop for more than 24 hours or the length of a weekend. I always suggest in stock items for replacements and if possible give estimated arrival times. So put that in your Kimchee bowl and smoke it.

I do perceive your post as a flame...I'm also a little pissed about what happened in Iraq today, so don't take my tone wrong.

TAS makes great gear, for those of you who don't know, the founders are former riggers from 1/1, one of whom has BTDT with 1st Ranger Battalion as a sniper, and with a Marine recon unit in Oki. Their gear is designed around operator needs, not around gear trends, other companies designs, or any other stuff you see a lot of companies doing today. They develop everything on their own, test it on their own and run with it. It has been issued to entire TF's on OEF, and at one point almost every member of one unit I will not name had a piece of their gear mounted on their rigs.

Editted to say: If your were refering to TAS's availability I take back my comments, I won't even go into how long I waited to get an order filled by them.

Last edited by optactical; 03-31-2004 at 21:49.
optactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 00:02   #8
eggroll
Guerrilla

Op!

Been dreaming about my ass again??

http://www.anisn.it/scuola/100animal...ages/asinp.jpg
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by eggroll
Op!

Been dreaming about my ass again??

http://www.anisn.it/scuola/100animal...ages/asinp.jpg
Nice ass, egg!!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:42   #10
optactical
Quiet Professional

Egg,

I was, until I saw that pic, in all our phone calls you told me it was shaved
Old 04-01-2004, 10:10   #11
BadMuther
Guerrilla

optactical-

Thanks for the reply! I'll prolly put an order in with you soon.

This kinda raised some flags......

Quote:
TAS makes great gear, for those of you who don't know, the founders are former riggers from 1/1, one of whom has BTDT with 1st Ranger Battalion as a sniper, and with a Marine recon unit in Oki.
I don't know what one-one is....BUT Ranger Batts (at least when I was in) don't have their own integral riggers......

I'm assuming this/these guys are Marines? A Marine rigger who also sniped for 1st Ranger Batt? doesn't sound right.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:04   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by BadMuther
optactical-

Thanks for the reply! I'll prolly put an order in with you soon.

This kinda raised some flags......

I don't know what one-one is....BUT Ranger Batts (at least when I was in) don't have their own integral riggers......

I'm assuming this/these guys are Marines? A Marine rigger who also sniped for 1st Ranger Batt? doesn't sound right.
I suspect he meant 1/1 SFG(A), Okinawa.

They do have their own rigger slice.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:54   #13
optactical
Quiet Professional

Without divulging too much persec about the founders:

The one I am refering to served in the Corps in a SOF type unit, FAST or SOTG not sure. He got out and came in to the Army, 1st Rgr bat., where he served as a sniper among other jobs, he then reclassed to rigger, why? I don't know, and served more time in Savannah in DS of 1st bat, then went to Oki as a rigger for 1/1 where we do have a rigger slice as per Reaper's post.

He had an interesting military career to say the least and is one of the few riggers I have deployed with who we included in almost all of our team training.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:49   #14
BadMuther
Guerrilla

Okay, that makes a lot more sense, thank you both for the clarification.