Old 09-21-2015, 17:20   #1966
angrygreentea
Asset

Hi everyone; it seems popular to put your name on here but I'm not a fan of it, so just call me Tea. I've been a member on here since July 2015 and I'm here to mostly lurk and devour all the information that I can about SF.

My partner is an 18x candidate. I'm trying to learn as much as I can in order to have a clear idea of what he'll be doing and perhaps the best way that I can support him. He leaves for basic training in October, so the journey is just beginning.

Cheers,
Tea
angrygreentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 20:50   #1967
AMLove21
Asset

Introduction

Hello, all.

I am an Air Force PJ, looking to add another resource for knowledge and perspective.

Thanks to all those that run this site; I'll be reading a lot and posting very little. I appreciate the opportunity to observe.
AMLove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 16:11   #1968
Wes Kennedy
Asset

Introduction

Hi guys,

My name is Wes Kennedy, I'm a former Canadian Special Forces Operator and I now run Elite Training Programs, where we train Special Operations candidates and other tactical athletes in becoming as prepared as possible on selection. You can check out the site here (lots of free content): https://elitetrainingprograms.com and you can check out this recent podcast I did with the guys over at SOFREP where we discussed the future of tactical fitness: http://sofrep.com/sofrep-radio/wes-k...pecial-forces/

I heard about this site through one of my new athletes, and will frequent the forums regularly to answer any questions where I can feel I can offer you guys' support.

Good luck on all of your individual endeavors,

Wes
Wes Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:37   #1969
Klemmets
Asset

Cool

Hello there people.
Im from Norway, my name is Jon, im a aspiring Norwegian FSK special forces candidate. I was sure i posted my introduction here, but i was wrong. Appologise for that.
Im very humble to everyone here who are dedicated to fight for their country in one way or another.
I serverd 1 year in Norway as air force, shooting down airplanes was my job and make secure connection with troops on the ground with communication.

Thanx for letting me be here, i appricate everyone of you and love yours guys post on tips and advice.
Klemmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:07   #1970
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Kennedy View Post
Hi guys,

My name is Wes Kennedy, I'm a former Canadian Special Forces Operator and I now run Elite Training Programs, where we train Special Operations candidates and other tactical athletes in becoming as prepared as possible on selection. You can check out the site here (lots of free content): https://elitetrainingprograms.com and you can check out this recent podcast I did with the guys over at SOFREP where we discussed the future of tactical fitness: http://sofrep.com/sofrep-radio/wes-k...pecial-forces/

I heard about this site through one of my new athletes, and will frequent the forums regularly to answer any questions where I can feel I can offer you guys' support.

Good luck on all of your individual endeavors,

Wes
You might want to reread the Board Rules:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ead.php?t=3452

I would suggest that you also refrain from commenting on what it takes to complete the SFAS and SFQC unless you are a graduate.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:17   #1971
antfic
Asset

FNG

Hey how's everything doing??
Clearly I'm new to this forum.
Let's get down to it---Army prior service currently on the road to get back in the military with an 18x contract. I have a medical issue which i initially had to get a waiver for in 2006. I've been skimming through the posts and Im blown away by the amount of info available on here. In closing its great to be a part of this and I look forward to talking to you guys.
antfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:09   #1972
DrResQ
Asset

Reintroduction

Good morning everyone. I am prior Army and worked in public safety as a firefighter/paramedic/rescue diver before I got married and became a father.

My purpose coming here has changed since I joined in Dec, 2011. I initially joined for personal self-improvement, but my goal has shifted towards self-improvement to serve others.

I see experienced Scouters here and would like to benefit from their knowledge.

Thank you for sharing your house with me.

Last edited by DrResQ; 09-25-2015 at 16:11.
DrResQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 14:07   #1973
Maple Flag
Auxiliary

Shockingly, it's been almost 8 years since my last post (and 11 years since signing up here), so I thought a refresh on my introduction might be reasonable and in keeping with the intent of this section.

Since my original introduction back in 2004 (back then in the general medical section - I don't think there was an introduction thread back then) I've traveled much more, trained much more, picked up another language, and learned a lot more about the world (I think) and about myself (I know).

I've posted this refresh on my own introduction because so much time has passed and because I'm planning to again regularly participate in this forum, which I consider to be among the most level headed of forums that talks about things I'm interested in.

I've updated my profile as well.

With respect, I look forward to the conversations.

(My original introduction can be found in the General Medical section, which I dug up with a search. Apologies for any confusion.)
Maple Flag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 15:42   #1974
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
Good luck!

Battcat,

Good luck to you in your endeavors; we all reach a turn-around in our life, but it seems that you have turned to the right path.

Take care and have a super day!

UWOA

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 15:59   #1975
runnerboy
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,
I am a high school student who has grown up under the influence of the 3rd Ranger Battalion. I am am in the pipeline to apply to West Point and attend the USMA after I graduate high school. I am a very athletic, multi-sport athlete who has a strong desire to serve his country. It would be honor to serve this country as a member of the army and I am interested in the Special Forces. I'm here to learn.
runnerboy
runnerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 19:48   #1976
ubapk5
Asset

Introduction

Hello,
Currently a student in the Q, just trying to follow in the footsteps of those who have walked the path before me.
ubapk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 21:35   #1977
NinjaPlease!
Asset

Introduction

Good evening,

I am currently in the ARNG as an 11B and have decided to join your organization. I appreciate the vast resource this website is and will utilize it.
NinjaPlease! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 23:33   #1978
Looks228
Asset

Hello, I am a 20 year old from St Petersburg, Florida. After graduating high school I was on the border of following my dream and joining the army. But My parents didn't it was a good idea, and that I should follow in the footsteps of my siblings by obtaining a bachelors degree. As I was in college I quickly noticed that I was not in the correct environment. I didn't know why I was there, which resulted in me not caring as much as I should've. So I decided to leave the university, upon arriving home I went over my options, they included going back to school or enlisting in the army. In the meantime before I made the decision I enrolled in crossfit. I came to love it so much, all the people around me were so influential, caring, and loving. I came to find out that they all had military backgrounds. And the owner of the gym was a former green beret himself. From that day on I had no more questions of what my future intended. I went to the recruiter that I have been dodging for so long and set the date for me to take the asvab, I received a 113 gt score. Later that week me and my bestfriend got an 18x battle buddy contract and it's been history since. My ship date is October 13th, and i am enjoying my last days as a civilian before I start a long awaited journey.

Last edited by Looks228; 10-06-2015 at 12:36.
Looks228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 18:11   #1979
Bakinam
Asset

I'm up next.
The short version:
18X 20151013
So pumped to meet you all & conquer the suck with you guys.
Humble, confident & here to learn from you men that make what looks like a near death experience sound like another day at the office.

Before I say something that gets me killed, I am truly & humbly speaking from the side of a civilian with an above average civilian - which isn't exceptional - grasp on how the military works & what I expect my path to be.

I like to do my research. Who & why are my favorite questions to ask, so I have spent days browsing this site reading & re-reading things I have already learned from other research, asking other GBs, or simply reading the Army regulations attached to my contract. I have read every introduction post here starting from 2015. I've completed plenty other threads start to finish as well, mainly from the perspective of other men somewhere in the SF pipeline. One thing this website provides me with is what I consider an invaluable & truly hard to find inside account on what it's all about. Hence Quiet Professional, I suppose. I have never worm a uniform myself. Those of you who have, not only do I thank you, I'm here to see if I have what it takes to wear the same uniform. Here I am comfortably behind my keyboard - not on the business side of a rifle - I can say I'd fight for the right & lose to no one for just the chance to tryout. My accounts come from very privileged, personal & exclusive experience with true Green Berets, SEALs, Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Veterans & all those who support each of the men & women in uniform. I've had 12-14 years spent living on base & forever & a day living around military something. The sound of fighter jets rattling the cups on my living room table is a sound I hate living without. When it comes to the Armed Forces, I pay my respects first & a firm handshake follows. It's simply just what I believe in.
The only people who know much about me have asked weeks before I'd consider mentioning much. Why? Recognition, ceremonies, trophies & the like that can be publicly observed bug the hell out of me. I'm the guy who's given away all of my first place trophies or accolades (mostly cause they're all... plastic ) Funny little story: After I signed for 18X, my fellow future soldiers got wind of the news (not even an infants crawl toward the end goal). They started cheering & teasing in good faith, "Oooohh! Special Forces!". I left the office immediately, I wasn't having it. Great guys! Love the brothers & sisters I'll meet with any tab or patch here in the near future.
Any of you tasked with running this site, or blogging your trusted input here, or asking your smart or silly questions so I don't have to, I thank you & salute you.
Forgive me if I missed any formality.

Despite what my forum name suggests, I ain't never been to Nam.
Sunny south side San Diego most my 22 year life & here in 6 days my path will take me to the just as beautiful Ft. Benning, Georgia! (lol)
Bittersweet! 6 days couldn't go any faster as August marked an entire year me working with my recruiter to sign for this contract that I have never NOT been qualified for. 11x, 11x Option 40, 92r, sheesh they offered me everything. I knew I was personally committed to the military as a whole, the Army in particular, but I truly only wanted one opportunity & that's 18x. After reading through pages upon pages of Army & Navy recruiting PDF military or gov files & a general grasp on what these guys were trying to get done, I really was not comfortable taking no for an answer & they were really not comfortable with me doing my homework. I came to the conclusion that they don't like A types. Furthermore, you'd be surprised at what you find in these documents that the recruiters don't already know themselves. They bought me lunch & gave me a shirt to add to my wardrobe. I salute them & I won't forget it. I switched districts instead of just offices, the next business day my new recruiters called me to MEPs for the 18x contract. My girlfriends idea. It's who you know, right? A hiccup got in the way, a week later they called me again for 18x. It became clear to me that this military stuff has the potential to be what you make of it & what time you're truly willing to put into it.
Finishing up about who I am, I make friends very easily while keeping a low profile. Chin up high, hat down low, head on a swivel. Situational awareness is truly an invaluable trait. Those who meet me don't forget me & I like it that way. I feel even better when all of those reviews are good ones. I find it easy to care about anything & I firmly believe in the age old saying, "To each his own." Everyone has a strength & a passion. I'm definitely a people person. I believe most people deserve a chance at happiness & prosperity & evil people deserve the chance to be met with more fierce competition & aggression than their holy book may suggest exists. I think stupid people fight fair & smart people, never unprepared, train in unfair conditions for the fight.

In my intro, I feel the need to say a little more because what intrigues me the most about SF is just who these guys are & why these men are selected for such a pivotal role in our military. Also, hopefully to encourage people to say a little bit more about where they come from. I really enjoy finding out who people are. Allow me to explain what I mean by that. I've met SEAL instructors, officers, enlisted men & candidates. All alike - very confident & at face value happy people. I've met Rangers & all the Rangers are like, "RANGER!" I've met Marines. "Rah! Pendleton bro! 29 Palms sucks!" Oh, by the way, 29 Palms sucks. Now, maybe just my luck, every time I've met a Green Beret no two of these men have ever been anything like the other. I'm told that the SF culture is truly one of a kind. They are immensely more driven, structured, insightful & successful than any other group of individuals I've ever met. & between it all I leave each conversation with one of these guys thinking, "What in the actual hell was up with that guy?" It intrigues me to no end. Somewhere, someone or something is breeding some extra ordinary personalities & from the outside looking in, I'd like to think I'll end up right where I need to be among people I can truly enjoy serving with. I'll go ahead & earn my stripes first.
Thanks for having me on the site.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:34   #1980
KJS 1389
Asset

Greetings.

Aspiring SEAL here. Grudgingly going to a community college at night, don't want to, but I'm paying for it. Anyway, aspiring SEAL and hoping to gain some insight into the 18D course as I want to be a SEAL medic(I believe that's the appropriate term, there's some inconsistencies between the term medic and corpsman when it comes to SEAL). I went to a military school my junior year of hs and loved it. Most of the cadre were former Rangers and I was really into the military after that. Fast forward a few years, my life is boring and I could tell my stepfather was grooming me to take over his construction company. While a respectable life, it wasn't for me. I enrolled into a community college hoping to transfer to a state school after a few semesters. Until last year when I met my aunt's son for the first time(my biological uncle's relatively new stepson). He was a former soldier in the 82nd and fresh outta the 5th SFG. Talking to him was a life changing experience. He got me into the idea of joining the military again. However, after reading up on the SFAS and Q, I realized that it wasn't what I wanted. He said if you're gonna join, don't half-ass it and join the best. So after reading up on other SOF units, I decided to go the NSW route. I love swimming and scuba diving, and blowing shit up, so SEALs it was. Got 2 more years left of school. Hope to get to know you bad asses well and talk to some instructors along with other prospective students of the 18D training course.