Old 05-21-2012, 03:41   #1
Sarski

Bamboo

I have access to tons...okay, about a ton of bamboo plants ranging from 1/2 inch to 3 inches diameter that I need to excevate, roots and all, and replant in front of sushi resteraunts here in the DFW area. Free night of sushi/sashimi/sake to anyone that can help me out/ offer help / help guide me to pull it out...locally of course, unless I can pick u up at DFW/ LOVE FIELD or agreed radius...need to easily pull/dig 15 to 20 stalks and replant per day..any takers???

I have truck, rope, chain...bumper, shovel, saw...looking for quickest way and need root base, otherwise I would just cut it.

Should I just pull up in front of it and plow it over with the truck and pull out the loose stalks? Or wrap some rope around it and tie it off to my bumper? Or do I have to dig each one out by hand, as I have already done for the first 5. Willing to try out and entertain any and all ideas, and will provide feedback. Any advanced guidence in this regard will be greatly appreciated!

Mosquitos and spiders par for the course!

Last edited by Sarski; 05-21-2012 at 04:42.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57   #2
Destrier
Quiet Professional

http://www.completebamboo.com/bamboo_removal.html

found this online

Good luck
Enlightenment comes with age. In SF we cannot wait for aged enlightenment to be successful. We need to be successful now. This means hunt out education, seek advice from experts, become an expert, and never stop learning. Never let your ego keep you from asking questions! Pass on your knowledge! (Pistol Pete)
Destrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:26   #3
Sarski

Thanks again for the link, QP Destrier. They recomend digging it up by hand. I did this with a few already to test it out, and will go back for more today.

I did spend a little time putting an edge on the shovel with a friends bench grinder, though.

The owner wants to do just one resturant now, but still a days work and pay. Maybe he'll change his mind down the road.

I'll try to add a picture or two later on.