Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Africa

Old 05-10-2007, 11:19   #1
504PIR
Guerrilla

South African Parabat site

Gents,

I have found another website that some of you may find interesting. Its a called www.airbornesoldier.com Its a site for vets and members of the South African Parachute Brigade, 44 Para. Allot of interesting stories about the Bush Wars in Southern Africa, as well as military history in general.

They have some interesting takes on things. Plus it is cool to hear foreigners who actually support the US & UK in the war on terror. American Airborne and Special Forces are held in high regard there. Several American vets of the bush wars post and moderate there as well.

If interested its worth taking a look at.
504PIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:25   #2
Neo
Asset

Nice website. My dad was in the SADF during those times, said it was a tough time. Met a few ex para's in the box doing contracting work too. Always nice to see South African's helping out the cause and of course having a few cold ones with them was a great time too.

Last edited by Neo; 05-24-2007 at 11:42.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 23:06   #3
Big Brad O
Asset

Location: Augusta is my home but I live in Freetown Sierra Leone on contract right now.
I have a buddy that lives in Capetown and he is a member of the 3rd Para Bn. I stayed with him at his guest house last month when I was there. He was in the Rhodesian Light Infantry in 1979 and 1980 and then moved to South Africa after Mugabe took over. He is still in (3rd Bn is a reserve Bn).

He invited me to come to the reunion in Oct and he said I could jump with them and earn a set of SANDF wings.

This website is s good one.

Brad
Big Brad O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:36   #4
LongTabSigO
Auxiliary

Got to jump with 44th Para in 2003. One of the last things I got do as a Company Commander.

I loved South Africa. It could be argued that my future ex-wife lives there
LongTabSigO is offline   Reply With Quote