Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 09-12-2007, 13:28   #31
jatx
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBravo1 View Post
I am in a similar situation, so I will add my questions to this thread in lieu of posting a new one.

I am currently renegotiating my contract from 11x (11b) to 97e, with an airborne option. I have been in contact with retired service personnel who were 97e, 98g, and 97b during their military careers, and this route seems best suited to my personality, as well as being one of the few MOS's that will allow me to study a language at DLI. Eventually I plan to volunteer for Special Forces.

I am going to call the 2-20th SFG (A) Recruiter this week in regards to questions pertaining to SOTA, which is an option I am looking into, but which there is not a lot of information available.

I am in the Philadelphia, PA area, so if anyone is able to aid me in my endeavors, please let me know.

This is a question whose answer may be an OPSEC violation: Are 97b's attached to SF units? There is no 97b enlistment option that I am aware of, it requires two years of servuce before applying, and is a route I am thinking of taking, and I am curious as to where this MOS would be deployed and to whom it would be attached to.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
You're a long way from Jackson - are you ready to travel every month for drill? FWIW, I would ask SFC Summers about opportunities in Kentucky, where we also have MI soldiers located.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote