Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2017, 17:49   #1
frostfire
Area Commander

Germany election

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ge...KCN1BZ0R8?il=0

Looks like Merkel secures another term.

Having had recent discussions with Germans both young and old, engineers, tour guide, teacher etc., they are not oblivious to the right's arguments. We talked about sustainability of the refugee program, how challenging the integration of 20 to 30 yo male as opposed to mother with young children, more taker than giver to the healthcare coffer, cultural heritage, and so on. They are not naive or foolish by any means. I will call it an unquenchable optimism. We agreed time would be the ultimate judge. Let's see how Germany and United States turn out in a decade.

ps. I must admit I found my conservative beliefs challenged a lot. I can see the appeal of many Americans immigrating to Deustchland. One memorable experience was at a main city Hauptbahnhof that took hundreds of thousands refugees. I was disheveled drenched in rain, and tried to purchase some food in broken German. The baker gave me some free croissant and wished me well. He must have thought I was a refugee! There's a sense of kindness towards strangers even in big city.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote