Old 06-16-2014, 18:30   #1
Richard
Quiet Professional

Resistance-Resistencia

UW advocates may find this of interest.

http://www.pinterest.com/libanorojo/...e-resistencia/

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 19:21   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

These are awesome, nice find Richard!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 22:04   #3
LarryW
Area Commander

A good thread, and great photos of heroes and justice.

FWIW, these are good reads on the French Resistence:

Soldiers of the Night: The Story of the French Resistance/ David Schoenbrun
Outwitting the Gestapo/ Lucie AuBrac

They taught the world lessons we would do well to remember.

Last edited by LarryW; 06-16-2014 at 22:12.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:50   #4
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Great find Richard! These brought me back to a time when I would sit with my TS (A535)- MSG Szabados (I think he became CSM in the 10th and is buried at Ft. Carson). We would talk of his experiences as a resistance fighter in Hungary after the Soviet invasion. What a character!

As you know, guys like Szab were sprinkled throughout SF in those days and they all had some great lessons to pass on to us SF babies didn't they? Perhaps the thing I appreciated the most from guys like Szab and their lessons is that they brought a sense of the reality that de-romanticized life in the resistance and UW very, very well.

If you look closely into the eyes of those pictured, the ones that are still alive that is, you can feel the coldness and loneliness of the struggle for freedom. That is the ground truth reality!

De Oppresso Liber
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Thanks Richard. I'm going to see if I can put these on a disk so that the next time I attend a RS briefback I can address their naivete' WRT GW and temper their enthusiasm with a little realism.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:44   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Thanks Richard. I'm going to see if I can put these on a disk so that the next time I attend a RS briefback I can address their naivete' WRT GW and temper their enthusiasm with a little realism.
That would be funny to be a fly on the wall afterwards.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57   #7
Cobwebs
Quiet Professional

Thank You Richard, amazing collection.
Cobwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 18:57   #8
JSMosby
Quiet Professional

Awesome. In 50 years, a new generation might be looking at pictures of us in the same light.

Who is John Galt?

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JSMosby is offline   Reply With Quote