Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18A

Old 08-23-2007, 16:14   #1
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Policy on Tabbed Prior Service?

There seems to be abit of confusion on this topic as of late. Can any of the enlightened QP's let me know if prior SF Qualified Officer Candidates are still required to repeat selection? I have heard the policy is changing, but could not get a straight or solid answer from the SF recruiters.

It has been said as of today that SFAS will be a part of any SF qualified NCO's turned Officers. If so, this may directly effect whether my 38 year old hide will repeat SFAS only to go back where I spent 8 years serving already.

Anyone care to chime in?

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 19:31   #2
Deadhead 63A1
Quiet Professional

As of less than 2 years ago, prior enlisted tabbed guys who became "Os" did not have to repeat selection. They still had to submit a packet once their year group hit eligibility and get accepted by the DA SOF selection board, but once picked up by the board SFAS was not required. I don't know if this policy has changed since they restructured the pipeline recently, but if it has changed I haven't heard about it.
Deadhead 63A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 19:38   #3
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

We had two prior enlisted guys at Robin Sage and at graduation today; neither of them went back thru SFAS when applying. It was CCC, 18A course, Robin Sage (they both skipped language because they still had passing scores on the DLPT (1,1,1)).

HTH,

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:22   #4
trapper
Asset

more recent information?

Gentlemen,
Has anything happened since the last post in 2007 in respect to the pipeline for former 18 series guys getting comissioned and going back through the Q Course? I understand it is a three year in the regular Army to make Captain before applying for the Course, that's about it.

v/r

Trapper
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43   #5
Rally044
Quiet Professional

Hey fellas,

I am currently a Captain in the Q and a former 18C. We were told we have to do the Q course in it's entirety minus SFAS and SERE. Language school is up front now and if you had a previous dead language ie. German you can opt to learn another. Phase order: Language, SUT/SERE, MOS, Robin Sage. There is a policy letter dated Aug2011 I am trying to get my hands on that exempts SUT for prior tabbed students. That's all I know at this time, I will update when I get more info. Hope this helps.
Rally044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 13:21   #6
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Rally!

Good luck in the Q. I personally found it to be a revamped and far superior course than my initial experience in 95. Robin Sage has come a long way. As for your layout of the required courses, it mirrored the process I eventually completed two springs ago. I was not enrolled in SUT, and it allowed me to rejoin 3rd Group and prepare to deploy into OEF XVI 90 days later.

Good luck brother! Let me know if I can help ya work thru any of the problem sets you may encounter as a Long Tabbed Q Course student.

And yes, it's worth it.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:44   #7
Los Osos 4 Life
Asset

Gentlemen,

Figured i'd give an update on this thread, just in case any others are looking for answers.

In my SOF Captain's Career Course class (2019), we have two prior service guys. One from 5th group. He did not have to repeat SFAS. He submitted his packet and PCS'ed from his last duty station directly to Fort Bragg to start SOF CCC. He will not have to re-do language. All students (prior service and non-prior service) will have the option to test out of language, and PCS to their assigned Group after Robin Sage.

I speak with him often. As we enter the Qualification Course, I will update on if they have to re-do the SUT/UW/FID portion. Thank you.
Los Osos 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 21:13   #8
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Osos 4 Life View Post
Gentlemen,

Figured i'd give an update on this thread, just in case any others are looking for answers.

In my SOF Captain's Career Course class (2019), we have two prior service guys. One from 5th group. He did not have to repeat SFAS. He submitted his packet and PCS'ed from his last duty station directly to Fort Bragg to start SOF CCC. He will not have to re-do language. All students (prior service and non-prior service) will have the option to test out of language, and PCS to their assigned Group after Robin Sage.

I speak with him often. As we enter the Qualification Course, I will update on if they have to re-do the SUT/UW/FID portion. Thank you.
Not entirely true, Language will be assigned on needs of the Group's and shortage of qualified CPT's. All CPT's will do both FID/UW based on it being part of the Officer pipeline until changed by the Command.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote