Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 1st Special Forces Group

Old 10-18-2006, 19:08   #46
skipjack
Auxiliary

Quote:
I was told the Beret Ceremony is 1600 Thursday at Bull Simons Plaza. The Graduation is 1100 Friday at Cumberland County Auditorium.
This information is correct. They are asking any visitors to arrive at 1530 on Thursday and 1030 on Friday.

gtcripsy PM inbound.

-skipjack
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 19:42   #47
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Congrats, Skipjack
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 17:49   #48
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Nice ceremony today.

I saw four Group Commanders I knew (1st, 7th, 19th, and Training Group), several BCs, a ton of CSMs, one crusty MW5, one of the SFA senior guys, and about 250 other cool guys.

Well done gents. Don't celebrate too much. When you do celebrate to excess, use a designated driver or call a cab. It will be worth it, trust me.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:43   #49
Go For Broke
Quiet Professional

Congrats skipjack.

Hope you like rain, coffee, more rain, trees, and more coffee.

If you don't have one...I'd recommend a satellite radio or a lot of CD's if you are travelling the southern route to Lewis. Long stretches of static / Mexican radio stations between OKC and Barstow...

V/R,
Go For Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 14:35   #50
skipjack
Auxiliary

oh yeah, I have my Sirius Radio all set to go. I didn't have it when I PCSed from Lewis down here to the Q Course, but I wouldn't make that trip again without it!

-skipjack
Old 10-21-2006, 20:42   #51
The Old Guy
Quiet Professional

Congratulations, now you have a license to learn! Take advantage to learn everything that you can from everyone that you can. Time will run out and you will be the man on site.

The Old Guy
The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 23:10   #52
deanwells
Quiet Professional

That a boy

Hey Congrats,
If you come out to OKI, stop by A co's dive tm and ask for Ian...I'll fill you in on everything you need to know. Also get up with your sponsor ASAP so he can start scheduling your appointments. Trust me, it's a real pain in the @$$ dealing with the support group here.
Old 10-26-2006, 19:34   #53
skipjack
Auxiliary

deanwells,

Thanks for the invite, but it looks like I'll be heading to Lewis this time. You've got a couple guys coming out to OKI from our graduating class, though. I'd like to get out there eventually, but for right now I have a lot to learn! Thanks again!

-skipjack
Old 10-27-2006, 01:25   #54
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells
Trust me, it's a real pain in the @$$ dealing with the support group here.
Why is that, no matter which Group your in. Team guys will say that.

Hello, you are a service unit, SSA. Service, Support and Activities!! I think thats the new term.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:38   #55
NSDQ
Guerrilla

Congratulations skipjack! Godspeed on your new journey.

NSDQ
Is not this the fast that I have choosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Isaiah 58:6,7
NSDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:53   #56
optactical
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Why is that, no matter which Group your in. Team guys will say that.

Hello, you are a service unit, SSA. Service, Support and Activities!! I think thats the new term.
The support group he is referring to is an Area Support Group, a regular Army unit, and dealing with them is a necessary formality and all about knowing the system.

Have fun in 1st Group, it's the best SFG(A) in Asia.