Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 06-11-2005, 12:25   #16
CoLawman
Area Commander

I had the same question as Smokin Joe regarding the majority of the berets being maroon. Thanks for clearing that up. Do they wear the 5th crest on their Berets along with the flash? Or is that only for the Green Beret adornment.

An observation of mine regarding the digiy uniforms. The rank is now placed at the 10 ring of the uniform blouse. I think that is odd. Not a fan of the patch system either. My two cents worth.
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 13:56   #17
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK
I was in the crowd.

Didn't know you were in town. Could've worked a link-up.
Pay attention. SA.

Drop by here more frequently.

Welcome back, Twinky!

Lawman, there is no "5th Group Crest" all SF soldiers wear the same regimental DUI, the DOL badge.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 00:00   #18
Roycroft201
Guerrilla

Congrats to the 5th Group.

Great pics - Thanks, TR.
"In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have. " .....Lee Iacocca

I will cede that we frequently have to associate with people we may not respect. - The Reaper
Roycroft201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 18:03   #19
RLK
Asset

Don't feel bad sir. I've been lax on the other board too. Time management and whatnot. In my typical fashion I've jumped thigh high into the thick of it. No sense in doing anything half-hearted right?

I'm just sorry if all my fans are suffering for it.

I'll try and shoot you a line next week. Till then, I hope this finds you well sir.

BTAR, Twinky
Old 06-18-2005, 22:31   #20
Marauder06
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK
I was in the crowd.

Didn't know you were in town. Could've worked a link-up.
Ditto.
Marauder06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 14:34   #21
RLK
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
Ditto.
I've already met you.

You're not that pretty lady.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:59   #22
KBAR_O4
Asset

An individual wears the Maroon Beret if he is airborne qualified and assigned to an airborne unit. Yes, you would wear the flash and sf insignia (or rank if you are an officer).

Great bunch of guys in 5th Group. I had the pleasure of meeting Colonel (now BG) Mulholland in early 2002.
KBAR_O4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 21:31   #23
Marauder06
Asset

Actually, they (we) wear the maroon beret whether they're Airborne qualified or not.
Old 08-08-2005, 22:15   #24
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Correct.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 08-12-2005, 12:38   #25
Marauder06
Asset

THe only thing that would have made that CoC/PUC presentation better was if the President would have been able to present it himself. He was in the area (Hopkinsville, next town over) for a speech and even landed at the Ft. Campbell airport.
Old 04-21-2007, 21:13   #26
Mace
Asset

Amazing pictures, sir!! Thanks for posting.
Congratulations, to the members of 5th SFGA!
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 21:31   #27
HOLLiS
Area Commander

Thank for the Photos, I have a very close friend in 5th. I will have to congratulate him.

Congratulation everyone in 5th Group, Job well Done.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 21:13   #28
The Old Guy
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
...personally, i miss the days when we wore jungles with pin on rank and no patches, no badges, no name tags...

That is an understatement! Life was sooooooo fun during those days.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity - even under the most difficult circumstances - to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Victor E. Frankl
The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 21:20   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLiS
Thank for the Photos, I have a very close friend in 5th. I will have to congratulate him.

Congratulation everyone in 5th Group, Job well Done.
Well, you should have congratulated him 22 months ago, when I posted this.

TR

Old 05-02-2007, 13:48   #30
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Damn.....almost thought I missed something...........

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote