Old 01-14-2011, 20:13   #31
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Herd Doc,

I did not get to serve RVN. I have many contemporaries who did, including several who did multiple tours, including several who served with 'The Herd' - and I don't think they'd think highly of your actions here. (I'll ask them.)

When you registered here you received an email which stated the steps you should undertake to fulfill the requirements that the organizers of this site request. Their site, their right. You chose to overlook or ignore these requirements to pursue what you think is a noble cause. This site doesn't condone that from kids thinking about joining the military, let alone a 'mature' combat veteran from a storied airborne unit. You chose to escalate instead of aplogizing and moving forward to achieve YOUR goal.

Step back. Take several deep breaths. Think about it. Decide.

Your choice..
Old 01-14-2011, 20:21   #32
Pete
Quiet Professional

One caution & one warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdDoc View Post
Look DickFace, I don't recall saying anything about winning any wars. I will leave the chestbeating to keyboard warriors such as yourself. You would be lucky to qualify to be a Stewardess.
You got one caution and one warning - now go play somewhere else.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:23   #33
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
That is a photo of Kryske, the one on the top, and the other photo is one of myself the last week of August 1968 at the bottom of Hill 506.

Isn't Google just grand. Bottom line, no one on here knew who Kryske was.
With no intention of denigrating Kryske's service or sacrifice - why should we? Other than the fact that his untimely death obviously affected you personally, he's no different than any other soldier lost doing his duty. FYI - We've all lost brothers in arms to the current conflicts; unfortunately, because our comrades are usually further out on the sharp end of the stick, we'll lose more before some politician finally declares peace and brings them home. Our war isn't 35 years gone.

TR gave you your first warning; I'm giving you your second. Your condescending, abrasive, and confrontational demeanor is inappropriate in this community. You can back up, regroup, and return as a positive presence, or you can leave. I don't care which. However, your current attitude will no longer be tolerated.

ETA - Got to get that Mavis Beacon typing program. Somebody (Pete?) beat me to it while I was still "huntin & peckin".
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:30   #34
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Damn, I miss herddoc.
Old 01-14-2011, 20:40   #35
alelks
Quiet Professional

I'm a pain in the ass at times but that guy was a sarcastic pain in the ass for sure.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:42   #36
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Look DickFace, I don't recall saying anything about winning any wars. I will leave the chestbeating to keyboard warriors such as yourself. You would be lucky to qualify to be a Stewardess.
Dozer523 LOLOL, he called you a DickFace (is that one word or two?)
Old 01-14-2011, 20:44   #37
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Damn......Didn't take long for that ruck to hit the hall!!!!!!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:46   #38
Pete
Quiet Professional

Welcome mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
Damn......Didn't take long for that ruck to hit the hall!!!!!!
The welcome mat was rolled up at post 6.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:50   #39
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Penalty 10 yards, loss of down. Home team decides to punt.....

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers ® will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.
Old 01-14-2011, 20:52   #40
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Penalty 10 yards, loss of down. Home team decides to punt.....

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers ® will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

lol It's your football.
Old 01-14-2011, 21:07   #41
albeham
Quiet Professional

Damm..I learned something here.. Funny..But learned not to be a dick...

Not all of the time...

AL
Old 01-14-2011, 21:15   #42
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeham View Post
Damm..I learned something here.. Funny..But learned not to be a dick...

Not all of the time...

AL
... in someone else's living room!

5 hours and 48 minutes. Is that a record, for someone over the age of 30??
Old 01-14-2011, 21:41   #43
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
... in someone else's living room!

5 hours and 48 minutes. Is that a record, for someone over the age of 30??
Supposed........Age hasn't been verified!!!!!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 21:45   #44
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
for someone over the age of 30??
Maybe. I PM'd some gentle suggestions which he rebuffed like a spoiled brat. Then I asked a couple of, I believe, pretty simple questions specific to his airline, the FARs, and his retirement. He told me he was a Continental pilot forced into a med retirement and didn't know the reg I specified, which was 121.383 concerning retirement age ( I did leave out the "121" part so he couldn't Google it, but I did say retirement). There are a hell of a lot of regs, but I've never met a senior pilot who didn't know that one. Plus, the merger just happened. I think he would still call himself a CO pilot in his profile. He got banned before he could answer.

His ping-pong posts and PMs did not strike me as an adult. Then again, airline pilots do not strike me....well, never mind.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:10   #45
wet dog

What???

I spent a few hours out with friends, drinking Bushmills, Jameson and John Powers, come home, log on,.....

Damn!

I should stick to just staying home.

I missed all the fun, I'm going to bed.