Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 07-03-2007, 11:10   #16
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Coffee and donuts in the TAC Shack, all you need to do is sign 7624U's nice little red card to get some. you really don't want to be out there wandering in the woods in the cold rain all night, do you?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:14   #17
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
Coffee and donuts in the TAC Shack, all you need to do is sign 7624U's nice little red card to get some. you really don't want to be out there wandering in the woods in the cold rain all night, do you?
This is phase II they have no choice eather suck it up or quit!
3 Negative Red Cards you get 1 Observation report.
3 Observation report we will review you for a admin drop, .

Coffee and donuts are over at the Selection Hut ...
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:25   #18
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med

Unsportsmanlike Conduct for piling on.

15 yard penalty and loss of down.

Next.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:43   #19
Go For Broke
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-7Soldier

The reason I haven't contacted a recruiter is because I have a different viewpoint. I didn't visit an Army recruiter until i had 100% decided to join the Army. I'm the kind of person who strongly prefers to do all the research on their own (despite strong evidence to the contrary). I wasn't planning on hooking up with a SF recruiter until I was ready. Also, when I will be ready, I will be on a different continent. Maybe it's wrong, but I view recruiters more as access points to the system.
24/7,

FWIW, I would recommend talking with an SF recruiter. Not sure if you had a bad experience with recuiters in the past, however SF recruiters are a somewhat different breed.

1. They are professionals

2. The majority are SF-qualified quys who either got sucked into it (because any time off an A-Team sucks), or in at least one instance I know of - was allowed to work recruiting, so he could remain at the post and recover from injuries - this allowed a healthy guy to remain on a team

3. Because they are SF-qualified, they have a vested interest in making sure that Regiment is filled with quality personnel - they may have to work with you in the future

4. They have been there...they have walked the walk, and can talk the talk. They are not the normal 11H recruiter trying to fill 97E slots. They CAN answer your questions.

5. Because they are "access points to the system", they have the latest information. The information you find in your other research methods (magazines, books, websites, various blogs, your non-SF qualified buddy, etc...) may be dated or wrong.

6. You are on a different continent - they will be able to keep in touch, or put you into contact with people who can provide you information e.g., whose signatures do I need on this waiver? Bn Cdr or will my Cpy Cdr suffice?

7. Along with keeping in touch, you are at least known to the recruiter - they will have a file on you. They will be able to assist you (do not confuse this with holding your hand). Remember, the core of SF is the A-Team, not the individual.

8. You may not realize it...but in this thread you have already conversed with at least 7 "recruiters"

Just my humble $0.02

V/R,