Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-04-2010, 21:39   #16
CoLawman
Area Commander

The site is still down. Not an economist but 50% off any name brand item with free shipping will overwhelm any business. Americans are tired of this recession and want to SPEND particularly if they are getting a good product for a good price.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:49   #17
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

We need more coupons like this.

I will write Remington and explain how successful this was for Danner and see when they are offering 50% off.
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02   #18
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
We need more coupons like this.

I will write Remington and explain how successful this was for Danner and see when they are offering 50% off.
I wonder if anyone got an e-mail receipt yet? Still waiting on mine
Isaiah 2:17

The arrogance of man will be brought low
and the pride of men humbled;
the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
dadof18x'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07   #19
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof18x'er View Post
I wondered this as well, as I'm still waiting on mine. I at least got my order number. I had to remind the customer service rep on the phone to take my email address and send a receipt. Were you one of the lucky few to place your order online?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:47   #20
Stras
Quiet Professional

Funny, ha ha.......

The boots I tried to order are not available due to a large order for the Army. yeah, no kidding, these are great boots that were just issued to me, and I wanted another pair.....

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:55   #21
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
I wondered this as well, as I'm still waiting on mine. I at least got my order number. I had to remind the customer service rep on the phone to take my email address and send a receipt. Were you one of the lucky few to place your order online?
yes but only after an hour of re-typing all my order info, after I hit the buy button it would time out and start over. Its amazing what I went thru to save $85

Old 12-05-2010, 12:37   #22
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

Was never able to get my order completed, web last night or phone this morning. Not for lack of trying, either. At one point, I got as far as entering shipping info and then their site froze up. So I sent 'em an email this morning asking if they might still take care of me. We'll see what they say. I'm not at all surprised at how much traffic this deal generated.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 15:30   #23
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

After a half an hour of waiting on the phone, I composed an email to Danner in the hopes I would get through somehow. I also had carrier pigeons waiting in the wings (no pun intended).

Here's the response I received this afternoon:

Quote:
Thank you for your email. We understand and are aware that our website was having complications while trying to keep up with the unpredictably high volume of traffic on Saturday during the Friends and Family sale. We apologize that you were unable to complete your order. Unfortunately the sale was for Saturday only and we will be unable to honor any pricing. This sale was intended for Friends and Family of LaCrosse Footwear employees and was unexpectedly spread throughout the internet. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will be modifying our Friends and Family Sale in the future to reflect the original spirit of the sale.

If you received the email offer directly from a friend or family member at LaCrosse, please contact them directly, by end of day Monday, to place your order.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Last edited by Masochist; 12-05-2010 at 16:00.
Old 12-05-2010, 16:01   #24
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof18x'er View Post
I received a receipt after I submitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
After a half an hour of waiting on the phone, I composed an email to Danner in the hopes I would get through somehow. I also had carrier pigeons waiting in the wings (no pun intended).

Here's the response I received this afternoon:
Hmm, looks like the whole thing went viral on them. I suspect a few executives probably got phone calls at home from those seeking further instuctions.
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 18:46   #25
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
A few lines down in "Professional Gear" called pro deals is a Post that may be helpful.....(LaCrosse). I swear by Danners, the Recon can't be beat, great traction and ankle support, for years. The TFX RO GTX 400g, took a bit but broke in like slippers, they are for arid conditions not slippery rock.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 21:21   #26
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

SUCCESS! Package came yesterday, had to wait until today to pick it up (Post Office hours ). I'm a Happy Camper! Now all I have to do is figure out which insoles I'm going to use; Danner's don't provide the "feel" I've gotton used to with the Sole inserts I've put in everything else.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 20:57   #27
ABNinRI
Asset

Stras:
Did you get the Combat Hiker or the ICH, and what reviews, if any? I was looking to purchase one of these (probably by paying an extra arm + leg on ebay ) before a deployment coming up in the Spring.

-ML
ABNinRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 21:04   #28
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNinRI View Post
Stras:
Did you get the Combat Hiker or the ICH, and what reviews, if any? I was looking to purchase one of these (probably by paying an extra arm + leg on ebay ) before a deployment coming up in the Spring.

-ML
I ordered a pair of the ICH, which should (hopefully) be here by the 16th. I'll post a review once I get out in them.

Old 12-13-2010, 15:07   #29
rubberneck
Area Commander

The guy with the big brown truck just dropped off my boots. My first impressions are the are true to size (i'm a 10.5 EE) and fit perfectly. The are a bit heavier than expected but are comfortable just wearing them around. I don't think my schedule will permit me to really wring them out for the next week or two but with winter right around the corner and a need for a good pair of insulated boots the sale couldn't have come at a better time. Now all I need to do is head out to Eastern Mountain sports and pick up a pair of Sole custom footbeds.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 16:42   #30
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

got em

my boots arrived today, Desert TFX. Very impressive boot, sized very well...now if # 1 son don't need them when he gets home for Christmas they will be a fine pair of work boots for an old trim carpenter