Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-05-2011, 08:57   #1
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

WTB Infantry Rifles with Regimental Numbers

Hey all,

I am current the Officer Assoc. President for our BN and I am looking to find crossed rifles with our BN and/or REG numbers above them. Google isn't being much help, so I thought I would put it out to the community here and see if anyone had resourced anything similar in the past?

Thanks for any tips.
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31   #2
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

It might be of some help if you said what Bn or regiment numbers are of concern.

I have run such a google search several times and getting the right ones is always the problem.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24   #3
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

2-153 or just 153
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

I'd contact these guys - they produced our brass for us when the 4th Airborne Training Battalion gained regimental affiliation and became 1-507th in 1985.

If they cannot help you, I'm not sure who else could but I'd wager they might.

http://www.iragreen.com/index.htm

Good luck.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:56   #5
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion of Ira Green, they can definitely make them for us. Thus far I have them and one other company that says custom work can be done so that's at least a couple price points to compare.

NR

Brings me to my next line of thought though...we can already find ones with simply 153 for the regiment on them. I was initially hoping to add the 2 in some way to reflect our specific BN. Reading 670-1 it states that this is a no-go. I am curious as to whether or not anyone in this community has seen units wearing the BN in conjunction with the RGT number? Is there any precedent for it being something that is just done and not made a fuss about? Makes me think of ironing and starching BDUs. Sure looked pretty, but in reality wasn't exactly according to the regulation care/wear of that uniform.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57   #6
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoadtrippin View Post
Brings me to my next line of thought though...we can already find ones with simply 153 for the regiment on them. I was initially hoping to add the 2 in some way to reflect our specific BN. Reading 670-1 it states that this is a no-go. I am curious as to whether or not anyone in this community has seen units wearing the BN in conjunction with the RGT number? Is there any precedent for it being something that is just done and not made a fuss about? Makes me think of ironing and starching BDUs. Sure looked pretty, but in reality wasn't exactly according to the regulation care/wear of that uniform.
This is my old insignia for 1-507th that we wore ca 86-89. It is an old tradition for the Airborne units dating back to WW2.

BTW - what's an AR?

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.507thInsignia 001.jpg (39.7 KB, 49 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote