Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-11-2007, 10:55   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Danner Recrafting Dept.

I have a pair of Danner desert arcadias that I have worn probably 75% of the time I have had them (about 2.5 years). The soles were a bit worn, though not enough to worry about as far as I am concerned, some of the stitching was coming loose, and the inside line had ripped through on both boots in the rear exposing the heel counter in an uncomfortable manner.

I spoke to a Danner rep at SHOT show and told him how much I loved the boots but also expressed concern for the wear, especially to the inside liner/heel counters. He gave me his card and told me to contact him the next week. I contacted him and sent the boots off to Danner. They were prompt in their response and informed me that the boots needed their "Supreme" recrafting package including new soles, liners, heel counters, and laces.

About 3.5 weeks later, I got my boots back via US mail in better than new condition. All the areas they addressed look great and I believe the soles are a newer variation than mine originally had, but the tops are still the same worn in pair that I sent in. I am Very happy with Danner's recrafting department and I highly recommend them to anyone in need of work on an old pair of Danner boots. The cost to have my boots fully rebuild and return shipment to me lists at $150. Admittedly, this is nearly the cost of a new pair, but if you find yourself attached for one reason or another to an old worn out pair of boots, this may be worth a look.

HTH, YMMV.

Good times,
blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 15:43   #2
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

Danner

Just caught this thread since I can't see anything out of my right eye at the moment due to Iritits and diolating drops.

I had the same process done on a pair of Acadias two years ago for $150 bucks. The boots are like new, except for the dirty upper, and they even cleaned those and shined the leather for me.

Great boots, but a bit flat footed for trail hiking or running, at least for me. I've since been wearing out a pair of Merrel Chamelian mids.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 15:56   #3
Air.177
Quiet Professional

I've got a pair of green superfeet insoles in mine and they are the heat.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote