Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 02-21-2006, 14:21   #61
mumbleypeg
Guerrilla

The Ben Avery facility looks like it might be going through some changes.

http://www.azgfd.gov/artman/publish/article_440.shtml

It would really be something if a well trained instructor took it over.
mumbleypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 14:24   #62
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
"reload behind cover"....

nice as long as you're not in the middle of a room, hallway, tight space, etc etc....

It only works well if you are already behind cover to start with.....

TS
In addition, look around your house/office. How much of the stuff that's in there is cover? Concealment yes, but not a lot of cover. And if you think that sheetrock is going to do you any good....
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:32   #63
Sten
Guerrilla Chief

I have taken the first step in my "formal" weapons instruction.

I have signed up for a 3 day Pistol class taught by Louis Awerbuck.

The class:

Tactical Handgun - Stage I – August 18-20, 2006 Boone County Indiana

Designed to create reflexive gunhandling, good marksmanship and tactical thinking, this course encompasses shooting from a ready position, the drawstroke and shooting from the holster, shooting from various tactical body positions, loading, unloading and reloading, malfunction clearances, shooting on the move, moving targets, dim light and flashlight shooting and weapon retention.

Ammunition requirement is 500 rounds.
Sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 17:27   #64
ScottM
Asset

Location: Temp. in TX via New England via FL. UPdate: Finally back in New England again!
SHD Consulting

I took a Close Quarters Battle Course with SHD COnsulting last year (http://www.shdconsulting.net/shdhome.html) . They did not appear to have a huge issue with the ROE problem. Part of that may have to do with the staff which were comprised of 2 5th Group QPs and SWAT Officer, and part with the students they had in the class. Most in the class were preparing for deployment overseas and had Ranger tabs, some were also Police Officers as well as Soldiers. I was the only one with no prior military experience. They broke it down into how each would do it and have us execute according to our ROE. As pointed out before they focused on the fundamentals and prior to entering the shoot house we all had to meet very specific/ stringent target groups. Wondering if anyone else had taken a course with SHD and what the QP's thoughts were on the mix SHD incorporates.

Thanks for the time

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

William T. Sherman

If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep. If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... “Baa.”

Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
ScottM is offline   Reply With Quote