Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 01-04-2006, 10:49   #31
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
Too bad someone who knows what he's doing doesn't step forward and help make the writing on this topic in the firearms publications better.

Until then it's going to all stay the same.
Sadly, honesty and advertising dollars don't mix. I do like reading Clint Smith's pieces though.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:53   #32
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck
Sadly, honesty and advertising dollars don't mix. I do like reading Clint Smith's pieces though.
I wish that Clint wrote as well as he teaches.

He also tends to endorse certain products for financial reward.

He is one of the best instructors in the country though.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:28   #33
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
I wish that Clint wrote as well as he teaches.

He also tends to endorse certain products for financial reward.

He is one of the best instructors in the country though.

TR
One on One with Clint $1700...

One on one with the Team Sergeant = free (only if you're a cop or military...)

Teaching a little female police officer (in two hours) to outshoot her husband, who is also a veteran police officer, priceless......

TS
Old 01-04-2006, 11:47   #34
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I learned more from a Range Officer / Assistant in one of my classes than from the more 'famous' instructor. The Range Officer was an analytical sensing engine who could observe, process, and give specific feedback on what changes to make. Full duplex.
I need to nitpick a little here. Are you sure you were interacting with the Range Officer, or was he an Assistant Instructor? A Range Officer's job is to run the range and ensure the overall safety and operation of the same, not to be interacting with students and providing instruction while the firing line is hot. The NRA would be very unhappy if it was as you described it.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 14:33   #35
Razor
Quiet Professional

If he wasn't doing both jobs at once (alternating with someone else between jobs), life is good. If his duty was to be overseeing range operations and he was instead focusing on instructing students, he was in the wrong as far as the NRA training system is concerned, and risking the safety of those firing on his range.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57   #36
Gene Econ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
You’d be surprised that many have no training in weapons but instead their training is in advertising weapons related products. TS

TS:

I got to remember that one. About sums it up perfectly. Great and accurate comment.

Gene
Gene Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:05   #37
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
You’d be surprised that many have no training in weapons but instead their training is in advertising weapons related products. TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Econ
TS:

I got to remember that one. About sums it up perfectly. Great and accurate comment.

Gene
Example of bad marketing (God I hate this, I love the weapons....I really do)

Advertising people just don't get it.

See attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_hk.jpg (117.7 KB, 197 views)
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 23:50   #38
mumbleypeg
Guerrilla

Team Sargent, having cleaned out my ears and focused my attention on the frontsight (no fuzzy edges), this evening I went from 12 plus inches to 6.5 at 20 yards. My journey begins.
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
Squeeze
breathe
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight.........

I am in repeat mode.
Thank you Sir, I am weeding out the fluf meisters and their ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20yd.jpg (195.3 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by mumbleypeg; 01-06-2006 at 08:51.
mumbleypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:41   #39
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbleypeg
Team Sargent, having cleaned out my ears and focused my attention on the frontsight (no fuzzy edges), this evening I went from 12 plus inches to 6.5 at 20 yards. My journey begins.
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
press
breathe
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight
Frontsight.........

I am in repeat mode.
Thank you Sir, I am weeding out the fluf meisters and their ideas.

That's:

"frontsight, frontsight, frontsight, squeeze........."

A 50% increase in accuracy with only a few minutes on the phone…..

You should see what I can do in person….

Wait till you get my bill….

TS
Old 01-06-2006, 08:49   #40
mumbleypeg
Guerrilla

Correction noted!
mumbleypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:41   #41
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

oh great zen master TS....don't forget to teach that shooting is a perishable skill......one must practice again and again. You had me dry firing for days and days which turn into weeks and months, and now this grasshopper can (fairly routinely) put holes through holes. Bad for terninal wound ballistics, good for precision education....I thank you for your in-person education...worth every penny!!
At $250/hr, you should be letting Doc T retire soon....LOL. This almost compares to RL's hourly fee??????
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:30   #42
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

One .45 round through the left or right eye will end 99.999% of all gunfights, we don’t call it surgical shooting for nothing.

Once an individual has a firm grasp on marksmanship everything else is gravy. Fact is over 95% of shooters/instructors I've seen have a very weak grasp of marksmanship. Most will blame everything except their “firearms instructors”. and these "firearms instructors" will blame everything except their lack of marksmanship knowledge.

I'll bet you guys can tell me a few "reasons" you shot a larger than normal shot group and what your "firearms instructors" said to fix the problem…..

I could probably think of at least a dozen or more…

TS
Old 02-02-2006, 10:14   #43
jbour13
Area Commander

Gonna resurrect this thread with a question.

Anyone have experience with this Training facility or courses?

http://www.warriorschool.com/

I work with one of the key men that owns and runs this facility, just wonder if I should save my money and take some of his courses. I know his background is solid and he is a legit SOF vet, I'm just wondering is this of value? Money is not an object when it comes to good training. Especially when Uncle Sugar is footing the bill.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03   #44
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbour13
Gonna resurrect this thread with a question.

Anyone have experience with this Training facility or courses?

http://www.warriorschool.com/

I work with one of the key men that owns and runs this facility, just wonder if I should save my money and take some of his courses. I know his background is solid and he is a legit SOF vet, I'm just wondering is this of value? Money is not an object when it comes to good training. Especially when Uncle Sugar is footing the bill.
Jeffrey Prather
Warriorschool Founder

Warrior School founder Jeffrey Prather is a son, father, husband, warrior, artist, author, actor, soldier, special agent, student, and teacher. A US Martial Arts Hall of Fame member, he holds 13th-degree black belt, master rankings in Budo Taijutsu (Body Skills), and Shinken Gata (Real Combat), from Grandmaster Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi. He also apprenticed under the late N'dee (Apache) holy man Phillip Cassadore Besh Koon singing in the Naiies (Sunrise) ceremony.

Prather served on active duty with the 7th Special Forces as well as domestically and abroad as a federal Special Agent and national government Intelligence Officer. He is rescue team qualified, a Federal Firearms Instructor, Distinguished Pistol Expert, and a member of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors IALEF.

http://familydefense.warriorschool.com/fd_contacts.asp

Never heard of him, until now.
I've no comment until I have seen him instruct.
Team Sergeant
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35   #45
skibum
Asset

Hatsumi is the Sensei of "American Ninja" Stephen Hayes. I think "Budo Taijutsu" is what they call the empty hand techniques taught in that particular Ninjitsu school.

NO, I have not studied or trained with any Ninja. Not that I could tell you if I did...