Old 01-20-2012, 08:19   #1
Grimm
Asset

Kandahar Oct 2010

I'm not entirely sure if he is involved in this forum, but I would like to extend a "Thank you" to a Special Forces Major that I met during my time in Kandahar. I kindly contacted a 2LT working for him and told him I was immensely interested in becoming a Special Forces soldier and was curious to see if I could talk to a Special Forces Officer about swearing me in during my reenlistment ceremony (Mortuary Affairs Soldiers go down range in small teams with no Officers). The Major agreed and brought me to his office and gave me a trove of helpful advice, words of wisdom, and pointers to help me along my way down the long road to earning a Long Tab.

Long story short, if he's out here somewhere, Thank you, Sir. For the hospitality and the help. Hope all is faring well for you.

*If this is the wrong venue for such a thing, I humbly apologize.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33   #2
Dozer523
BANNED USER

This is awesome.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50   #3
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
I'm not entirely sure if he is involved in this forum, but I would like to extend a "Thank you" to a Special Forces Major that I met during my time in Kandahar. I kindly contacted a 2LT working for him and told him I was immensely interested in becoming a Special Forces soldier and was curious to see if I could talk to a Special Forces Officer about swearing me in during my reenlistment ceremony (Mortuary Affairs Soldiers go down range in small teams with no Officers). The Major agreed and brought me to his office and gave me a trove of helpful advice, words of wisdom, and pointers to help me along my way down the long road to earning a Long Tab.

Long story short, if he's out here somewhere, Thank you, Sir. For the hospitality and the help. Hope all is faring well for you.

*If this is the wrong venue for such a thing, I humbly apologize.
This is nice to see. If you have the last name of the Major, or are comfortable with initials, I would be happy to pass along your info or get an updated email from him once verified. I was down range during this time and likely know the major.

Please send this via PM.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:37   #4
bdsix
Quiet Professional

Done Deal

Grimm, your message has been passed. MAJ S.H. is who you spoke to and I have passed your thanks.
RP
bdsix is offline   Reply With Quote