Old 12-23-2005, 21:03   #1
TonyY
Quiet Professional

OLD Alumni

Just thinking were/are any of you 10th group 71-75? The only one I have heard from or have been in contact with in 30 years was my old team daddy and that was at the Vegas 2004 SFA reunion.
TonyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 21:29   #2
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Co A, 3d Bn, 10th - ODA 313 in 74 - 76.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 22:42   #3
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Old Alumni?

ODA-2, 1965-1967 PHK.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 22:55   #4
TonyY
Quiet Professional

Rich and Terry I have listened and abosorbed your posts throughout the years. Thanks for the wisdom and knowlede you have past on to me and others. Old dogs are not as stubborn as people think and sometimes they acually do want to learn new things from the best of the best.

I was hoping I might hear from some team mates of the past. Ron D. Bobby C. Fred S. Kotlow, DeGregory, Youst, Fallone, Herbie, Carlise, Mott, etc. and any other guys of the past in C 3 10th and the ones I missed.

It's great how you can converse with the old and new guys here, but it would really be great for me to hear from those of the past that were on the same team and how we could ball bust each other day to day and still rely on one another when presented with a challedge. I hope they all made it big time over the years they desirve it.

Wow!! Reminising over the past. What becomes of me. I guess it's old age with a lot of respect.

Anyway stay safe and continue on the path of those that still are remembering. health and Happiness for the next year. God Bless.
Old 12-27-2005, 18:47   #5
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

KOT:OW

There was an SFC Kotlow in CoA, 10SFGA in 65-67. He had a huge nose, wore his beret like he was in the Polish Navy and included "Goddam" in every sentence at least once, like: "I be goddam sergeant in the goddam army goddam."

Could this be the same person. I believe he retired as an E-9.

misery is optional.

Old 12-27-2005, 20:48   #6
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

I think he was a MSG in 69 or 70. His english wasn't quite as good as you just depicted, but then the accent is hard to bring on to the web.

Rick B.

Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Author unknown.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:39   #7
TonyY
Quiet Professional

When I left Devens in 75 Apollo Kotlow was the Hvy Wpns guy on ODA332. I believe he was an E-7 at that time. And I have to admit he was a real looker. Nice guy but slow as shit. I spoke with my old team sgt at an SFA convention a couple of years back and he came up in the conversation. He said last he heard was that he was still alive and living in Ma. I would guess he is up there in age because he had to be in his late 40s, early 50s in 75.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42   #8
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

If we are speaking of the same guy, I believe he was one of the last DPs on active duty. I thought he was a MSG but then again, at the time, I was a newbie and was keeping my head low and my eyes and ears open.

Rick B.

Author - Richard.

Author unknown.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:55   #9
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

When I knew Kotlow he was an SFC. He may well be one of the last DPs on AD. When I was in the 10th CoA was loaded with DPs since our AO was Eastern Europe. The other DPs were a trip always referring to each other as Dump Pollaks, Crazy Czechs, etc. I used to joke that I went to Language School so as to communicate with my team mates since I was the only one who didn't speak english as a second language.

These guys were just as dedicated and hard working as they were hard headed.

misery is optional.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:38   #10
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Looking for old ODA 216 members

I don't what to post this stuff in the open so if you'd PM me with any info on that designation team. in particularly all Medics (91B3S) Just looking yo expose someone who claims to have been a 216 member as a Medic. Thanks Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16   #11
bost1751
Quiet Professional

I was on 214, A/2/ 10th from the end of 72 until the Drill Sgt deal caught me in 75. I remember Kotlow as an E-7. Also, if Herbie is Herb Cosby, he committed suicide not long after retirement ( a few years). Bear Reinitzer (sp?) was still around in 1980 and a little after. He made E-9. He was perhaps the last of the old 10th Gp DPs.
bost1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 17:20   #12
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bost1751 View Post
Bear Reinitzer (sp?) was still around in 1980 and a little after. He made E-9. He was perhaps the last of the old 10th Gp DPs.
Sobichevski, Maracek, Schiller, Nagy, Olchevek - there were still a few around after that time. I would guess Sobi was around the longest.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 18:41   #13
bost1751
Quiet Professional

Yes, Col Marachek was at DLI the same time I was. I can't remember what language they found to send him there for as he could speak several. Swead Jensen was still in Tolz when I left in 1980 also. After the deal with the new o=6 and the wife.
bost1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 17:31   #14
Hartley
Quiet Professional

I was in Tolz 75-78 - I remember Bear, tho I didn't know him all that well. I didn't realize Fritz Schiller was a DP - he was my TS on 5 when I got there in '75. If he was, he never talked about it. He spoke good German, tho.
Was SGM Duttlinger a DP, too?
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 19:58   #15
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bost1751 View Post
Bear Reinitzer (sp?) was still around in 1980 and a little after. He made E-9. He was perhaps the last of the old 10th Gp DPs.
he was the Bn. SGM when I got there in 1980...He retired in 1983...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote