Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-03-2019, 13:31   #46
echoes
Area Commander

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
Word on the street is that the vultures are hiring lawyers citing defamation of character for having their likenesses used along side of a creature that feeds off of the living.
Brilliant Sir!!!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 19:19   #47
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
You know when you're a really bad jurist when Hollywood decides to make a feature film celebrating your life. If she had been a good jurist she would have pissed them off because the constitution does not support most of Hollywood's pet causes. Her leaving the bench can't happen soon enough. To add insult to injury I hope Trump is still in office and he appoints Amy Barrett, a real jurist. I would relish the opportunity to watch him crush his enemies, drive them before him and hear the laminations of their women.
I am going to guess that the movie will be as well received as liberal talk radio.
Old 01-03-2019, 19:22   #48
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I am going to guess that the movie will be as well received as liberal talk radio.
I could see the Clinton/Obama tentacles into Netflix gettin' that done.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 20:27   #49
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I could see the Clinton/Obama tentacles into Netflix gettin' that done.
We don't hear anymore about the Klinton Magical Mystery Tour, I guess the wheels fell off that bus. These people are all legends in their own minds.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05   #50
Pete
Quiet Professional

Ginsburg missing Supreme Court arguments for 1st time

https://www.apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week......"

I guess she can just work from home - which again raises the question of "Is she still alive?"
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:20   #51
Box
Quiet Professional

I'd recommend that folks do an inventory of their disaster preparedness kits.
Based on the fact that the last SCOTUS nominee was named in early July, and didn't get a vote until early October because of unsubstantiated accusations and outright lies - I would recommend at least 90 days worth of supplies.

If President Trump ends up nominating a replacement for Darth Bader in the middle of her biopic being splashed across the big screen, there will be riots that make Baltimore and St Louis look like payday activities. The meltdown will make Fukushima look like a birthday candle. The left will tremble like a dog shitting peach seeds. RBG getting replaced by a conservative will make a laundry list of metaphors look like an oddly imagined laundry list of metaphors soaked in a tub of hyperbole.

Stock up folks - if something happens to RBG there will be hell to pay.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 14:19   #52
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
RBG getting replaced by a conservative will make a laundry list of metaphors look like an oddly imagined laundry list of metaphors soaked in a tub of hyperbole.
Let the bad metaphors and movie lines start here:
From what I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.N.C.E has gathered, it would be 9/11 times 100.

9/11 times a hundred? Jesus, that's...

Yes, 91,100.

Basically, all the worst parts of the bible
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 16:31   #53
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
Let the bad metaphors and movie lines start here:
The best one has already been debunked.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 01-07-2019, 19:22   #54
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'd recommend that folks do an inventory of their disaster preparedness kits.
Based on the fact that the last SCOTUS nominee was named in early July, and didn't get a vote until early October because of unsubstantiated accusations and outright lies - I would recommend at least 90 days worth of supplies.

If President Trump ends up nominating a replacement for Darth Bader in the middle of her biopic being splashed across the big screen, there will be riots that make Baltimore and St Louis look like payday activities. The meltdown will make Fukushima look like a birthday candle. The left will tremble like a dog shitting peach seeds. RBG getting replaced by a conservative will make a laundry list of metaphors look like an oddly imagined laundry list of metaphors soaked in a tub of hyperbole.

Stock up folks - if something happens to RBG there will be hell to pay.
Is that a warning for the entire nation or more for the coastal regions and BiG Cities?
Old 01-07-2019, 21:50   #55
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Wait, you mean it’s possible for native Californians to jump from the coastal cliffs in mass suicide...awesome!

The spectacle will be great entertainment. In New York they have tall buildings!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 22:36   #56
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Wait, you mean it’s possible for native Californians to jump from the coastal cliffs in mass suicide...awesome!

The spectacle will be great entertainment. In New York they have tall buildings!
Heh. If they thought Gov. Moonbeam was cool, wait till they get a load of Newsom. He's going to try to emulate Sweden and at the end of that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride they could have Venezuela.

I'll leave it to Flounder who's far more eloquent:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flounder.jpg (10.5 KB, 13 views)

Old 01-08-2019, 10:15   #57
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
Heh. If they thought Gov. Moonbeam was cool, wait till they get a load of Newsom. He's going to try to emulate Sweden and at the end of that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride they could have Venezuela.

I'll leave it to Flounder who's far more eloquent:
I'd be careful what you wish for. California's economy is large enough that Governor Newsom's machinations could very easily cause serious financial harm to the rest of our economy. I have no desire to see a great recession or a depression because the nitwits in one state think they can build a workers paradise. It's a fools errand IMHO.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:36   #58
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I'd be careful what you wish for. California's economy is large enough that Governor Newsom's machinations could very easily cause serious financial harm to the rest of our economy. I have no desire to see a great recession or a depression because the nitwits in one state think they can build a workers paradise. It's a fools errand IMHO.
I'm not wishing for any such thing. But having been on the planet for a few days I've also observed the law of unintended consequences. Do you think Newsom regards himself as a fool, or a believer that he's one of those 'smartest guys in the room'?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:55   #59
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
I'm not wishing for any such thing. But having been on the planet for a few days I've also observed the law of unintended consequences. Do you think Newsom regards himself as a fool, or a believer that he's one of those 'smartest guys in the room'?

The meme you posted implied that you were looking forward to watching Newsom's lunacy. There is no doubt in my mind that Newsom thinks he's the smartest man in the room and that's what makes him especially dangerous.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:55   #60
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
because the nitwits in one state think they can build a workers paradise. It's a fools errand IMHO.
Or one city

Quote:
Mayor Bill de Blasio will announce Tuesday that New York City will introduce a program to provide “free” health care to all the city's residents

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote