Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 01-09-2014, 10:41   #61
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Husker 15. Post your introduction before posting anymore questions/comments/

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 18:16   #62
thinker752
Quiet Professional

best yet

Nice post as stated a copyright is owed to you.
thinker752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08   #63
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Question Palmetto State Armory

I'm finally in the market for a lower-end M4gery. The best deal I can find is with Palmetto State Armory (PSA) between their lower kits and uppers. I was thinking about just buying the whole rifle kit they have for $500.00.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...rifle-kit.html

I've seen elsewhere on PS where PSA was held in pretty good regard. Does anyone have any experience with their lower-end items for casual shooting?

I didn't see any threads where this topic was discussed directly. Thanks for your time.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:55   #64
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
I'm finally in the market for a lower-end M4gery. The best deal I can find is with Palmetto State Armory (PSA) between their lower kits and uppers. I was thinking about just buying the whole rifle kit they have for $500.00.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...rifle-kit.html

I've seen elsewhere on PS where PSA was held in pretty good regard. Does anyone have any experience with their lower-end items for casual shooting?

I didn't see any threads where this topic was discussed directly. Thanks for your time.
PSA doesn't make anything, AFAIK.

They buy their products from others, add their markings and resell it.

Having said that, their prices are excellent, if what they are selling is what you want.

If I were looking for a MILSPEC upper or a rifle right now, it would probably be Bravo Company.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 15:28   #65
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Thanks TR.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:25   #66
cbtengr
Area Commander

Left handed

TR, I am in the market for a left handed AR carbine. In the OP you stated "The best ARs I have used lately have come from LMT and Rock River. " Does that assessment still hold true? Thanks! Are there any members on this board that use a left handed mdl. and if so are you happy with it?
Old 12-01-2016, 01:46   #67
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
TR, I am in the market for a left handed AR carbine. In the OP you stated "The best ARs I have used lately have come from LMT and Rock River. " Does that assessment still hold true? Thanks! Are there any members on this board that use a left handed mdl. and if so are you happy with it?
A lefty rifle would be good for an individual but if there ever came a time to actually use it as intended by the 2A, if your weapon became inoperable for any reason, you would have to resort to a righty weapon and have to relearn your techniques. There are also many ways to ambi your rifle.

That said, a lefty AR would give you the feel that we righties get when using. Not saying good or bad, just something to keep in mind.

I personally enjoy doing as much ambi work as possible. It opens up a lot of doors in training and other techniques.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:15   #68
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Stag Arms,, A Lefty friend has one and loves it.. He had a shop in the Tampa area build using HIS preferred components..

https://www.stagarms.com/left-handed-upper-halves/

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 16:23   #69
JamesIkanov
Asset

Hopefully this isn't too much of a necropost.
In the original post you mentioned stainless steel barrels and chrome-moly, but I don't see a mention of nitride/QPQ barrels. I'm personally a huge fan of that particular surface treatment, for both barrels and BCGs, so I'm a bit biased, but do you have an opinion on nitriding?
JamesIkanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 19:06   #70
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I prefer a MILSPEC chrome lined, cold hammer forged barrel.

The nitride is probably better than no coating.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 14:57   #71
bblhead672
Area Commander

Great info, thanks for posting it. I know so much more about the subject now.
Found the post when I searched for "bravo company" as I am considering their products as an upgrade to my first AR (a S&W MP Sport II). Not that I actually "need" another, better AR, but it's the giving season and i feel a need to give myself something nice!
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 17:45   #72
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Not that I actually "need" another, better AR, but it's the giving season and i feel a need to give myself something nice!
I thought briefly about mentioning there's a 12-step program for that but it turns out they're just a bunch of enablers. In the dictionary, see also, 'legos'.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote