Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08   #16
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
PG&E Warns Power Lines Not Rated to Withstand 60 MPH Weekend Winds

By CHRISS W. STREET14 Oct 2017Newport Beach, CA41

Friday night wind gusts of 55-miles an hour forced mandatory Wine Country evacuations as PG&E warned their electrical lines are only rated up to handle 56-mile an hour winds.
Your shiiten me..

My house in the Key's was built to 150MPH wind load in 1997.. After Irma. the 20yo roof only lost 5 -10 % of the shingles.

Our power grid is/was upgraded to 200+ MPH

We would get 50MPH winds frequently, as the summer storms pass thru..

Talk about your head in the sand hippy culture, Gov Brown,, right up there with the Mayors of NOLA and SJPR..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 21:51   #17
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Oh my...a friend of mine just got back with me, he said one of the fires missed their house by about a mile and they will get to return tomorrow. He mentioned an arsonist was arrested for setting fire a half mile from his home, that fire is under control now...I'll skip what he said about that.
Drone footage, very sad but am relieved they are alright. Terrible and devastating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcrGFBn39A

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 10-15-2017 at 22:01.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 22:15   #18
PSM
Area Commander

I hate to have to say this since we still have friends and family in CA, but I DON'T CARE!

They have created a stupid state that worries more about "the environment" (while destroying it) than the citizens. I moved to CA in '76 when Jerry Brown first got elected. Driving by Van Nuys airport during fire season, there were several C-130s lined up with aerial spraying gear attached to the wings and tanks in the hold. Brown gets in and the firefighter's unions get him to outlaw the National Guard from fighting fires so the aircraft and mission were stripped. Then the watermelons (green on the outside but red on the inside) cried when natural fires were let to burn, so they all had to be extinguished and the dry debris built up on the forest floor for years. Now, when a fire, or fires start, they become wildfires quicker than nature intended.

Elf them! They are too stupid to live.

I'd like to say (/rant over) but that wasn't a rant, it was facts.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:04   #19
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I hate to have to say this since we still have friends and family in CA, but I DON'T CARE!

They have created a stupid state that worries more about "the environment" (while destroying it) than the citizens. I moved to CA in '76 when Jerry Brown first got elected. Driving by Van Nuys airport during fire season, there were several C-130s lined up with aerial spraying gear attached to the wings and tanks in the hold. Brown gets in and the firefighter's unions get him to outlaw the National Guard from fighting fires so the aircraft and mission were stripped. Then the watermelons (green on the outside but red on the inside) cried when natural fires were let to burn,so they all had to be extinguished and the dry debris built up on the forest floor for years. Now, when a fire, or fires start, they become wildfires quicker than nature intended.

Elf them! They are too stupid to live.

I'd like to say (/rant over) but that wasn't a rant, it was facts.

Pat

Agreed 100%,,
Watermelons,, catchie,, I will use this..

Even in the Keys (more sub-tropic than anything in Ca), We pushed to have controlled burns on the larger islands to protect the endangered species:

Schaus Swallowtail Butterfly.
Key Deer.
Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit.
Key Largo Cotton Mouse.
Key Largo Woodrat.
Sea Turtles.
American Alligator.

Took years to get the Watermelons convinced that it was not just an excuse to have a red-neck BBQ..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:57   #20
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
PG&E is a shit bag company. They have falsified maintance records for years. A fow years ago there was a gas explosion killing several people due to this. In Eureaka there was a nuke plant that used to be there now torn down. When radiation dectors at a nearby school were to high the solution was to remove them. A guy that retired from there told me they stack alarms would go off for high raduiation so they would disable them. Not surprisngly there is a huge cancer cluster in the neighorhood next to the plant.
Just watched the movie "Erin Brockovich" this weekend. Reminded me what a disgusting company PG&E has been and apparently still is even after paying out hundreds of millions in damages to citizens it poisoned.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote