Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 12-02-2010, 17:43   #1
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Wolfgang Hammersmith Fraud & Liar

Anybody work with this stud? A 19-year "black ops" veteran, retired at 37 as a Lt. Colonel.

He's got a $23.95 book about his experiences. Haven't read it yet.

http://wolfganghammersmith.com/about-2/

Pretty sweet covert ops uniform here:

http://wolfganghammersmith.com/wh/wp...r-wolfgang.png
perdurabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 18:07   #2
Snaquebite
Area Commander

This guy's led an interesting life... Appears to have a seriousfollowing of gamers and airsofters......

Quote:
Born in 1950 into a Military family and handed over to a USMC program at the age of twelve, Wolfgang Hammersmith was raised in the world of the US Marine Corps. He graduated from the program at the age of eighteen, serving as a combat team commander (CTC) in the Vietnam War and in counterterrorism and anti-human trafficking operations. As part of Combined Services, prior to RDF (Rapid Deployment Force) and Delta Force, he continued an illustrious combat career during which he led combat teams in eighty-six missions, across 41 countries. Always proud to serve our great Nation, he quickly realized after being the last man on the team up a particular hill, on a particular day, that after 19 years of service, countless injuries, and numerous gunfights, that at the ripe age of 37, he was done. Having never known civilian life, the transition was not an easy one.
http://wolfganghammersmith.com/about-2/

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 12-02-2010 at 18:10.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 18:10   #3
Kyobanim

This one will really get you going . . .

http://wolfganghammersmith.com/gunfight-for-gamers/

This either needs to go to the 'Hall' or to Comedy Central.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 18:15   #4
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
After reading his blog, Looking at his three(3) FB pages..

I'm calling 100% bullshit.

His bio talks to being in the Marines at age 12 yrs,, Hopefully they will tend to his disposal??

OK,, I sent Wolfgang-bang a little note..

Quote:
Wolfgang, I read on you web page you were born in 1950, and you completed 19 years of "black ops" service by your 34th birthday (1984). I am a little confused were you in the Marines or Army?? You display the E,G,&A but talk about Delta?? As an aside, you may want to read this thread about another black ops instructor in the NW. His name is William G Hillar. If you need more info, use your google foo..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 12-02-2010 at 18:39.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 18:29   #5
Pete
Quiet Professional

RDF?

RDF?

Hell, just about all the FOGs here were on RDF 1 many a time.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 18:44   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
From Wolfgang-bang's blog..

Quote:

Women in the US Military: New Status?

Contrary to general public knowledge, women have served as active war-fighters in combat in the US Military since the formation of the United States.

In many cases, their heroic participation was kept from the history books but recently there was an announcement by the US Military that women will now be considered as standard US combat personnel. This is odd as something old is being called “new.”

For nineteen years since 1968 I had top professional soldiers who were also women on my combat Teams where they performed equally with the men, and my teams recorded approximately the same number of outstanding performances in active combat for both sexes.

I fought beside women in combat who, because of their outstanding bravery and in some cases, sacrifice, deserved the Congressional Medal of Honor but were not awarded it. Israel has had women warfighters in their military forever where they serve with honor, and so have many other nations.

Women served with distinction in US active combat units operating in Europe against the Nazi forces there, but received little or no recognition. Wouldn’t it be nice if this announcement of a “new” status for women war-fighters also honored the women who have served with heroic dedication who were overlooked in the past?

While I’m sure that won’t happen because the PTB (Powers That Be) won’t admit to that grand mistake, it’s well past time that women who serve in the US Military are recognized as high-quality professional soldiers, openly decorated for their bravery and efficiency in combat, and thanked for their service and sacrifice equally with men.

Women play FPS games with valor and success, echoing their soldier counterparts, and they fight just as well as the professional women soldiers I describe in my book, BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY: GUNFIGHT! Women are also more efficient in planning strategy under fire than men, in many cases.

In fact, I believe it is important that female Gamers continue to perform with distinction in Game World, thereby leading the path to recognition for woman soldiers serving in Real World combat today!

November 30th, 2010 | Wolfgang Hammersmith | No Comments |

Old 12-02-2010, 18:57   #7
PRB
Quiet Professional

Woofshit Hammerdshit
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 19:27   #8
mangler
Auxiliary

Quote:
Riding most of the year, he has put over 1.8 million road miles on the back of many different Harley Davidson and other motorcycles since 1959.

Been riding since he was nine years old. I wish I was that good.
mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 19:43   #9
aegisnavy
Guerrilla

Sounds like the famous Roman centurion, Bullshiticus Maximus.

BTW, I did recon and DA black ops from about 3rd grade to 6th grade. I was wearing some old OD's, a football helmet painted in the finest Testors OD spray paint money could buy, and carrying a rubber-band assault rifle, too. We used dirt-clod frag grenades for indirect fire. None of that hardened combat experience ever appeared on my DD-214.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

This guy has got to go...

Quote:
2. What was your toughest mission?

Working against human traffickers and drug distributors, I was blown out of a building. It happened when a guy I was chasing threw a satchel charge into the room I was entering, and it went off as I was attempting to jump out of a broken window, throwing me thirty feet out on to the front lawn, breaking L5 and S1. My legs didn’t work for two weeks, and then they slowly recovered, but I also had to recover from secondary effects where one’s immune system attacks the organs that are healing. That part took six months! I was kind of walking after two weeks, and then it was back to work again – no back repairs until years later when I had a five-and-a-half hour back operation to remove the broken bones and complete repairs

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101818
Here is an interesting article about Vadium Technology..

http://andrewfry.blogspot.com/2010/0...y-profile.html

Old 12-03-2010, 07:26   #11
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I'm speechless. He's even more entertaining than Hillar was...and I thought that was nearly impossible.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:51   #12
Richard
Quiet Professional

From a BusinessWeek bio on his company:

Mr. Hammersmith is an expert in security matters with extensive international experience. He is also a licensed Ship's Master, a licensed Armed Private Investigator and Agency Principal in Washington State, and a helicopter pilot.

http://investing.businessweek.com/bu...nvestors%20LLC

His business is listed at:

5303 Pacific Highway East
Tacoma, Washington 98424

Google Map it and then check the satellite and street views -

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:10   #13
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

He had that truck pre-po'd there so as to obscure the view of his lair.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:49   #14
Richard
Quiet Professional

Classic.

The Real Life Call of Duty Q&A

Quote:
Could your stories be turned into game sequences?

Yes, many could. In fact, I have many more unique and fascinating experiences that have never been seen in Game World. Ideally, the Gamer would be able to select his or her strategies or develop their own.

Perhaps the most interesting and important element of my stories is that the readers get to ‘meet’ some of the people I worked with who are now dead.

Most of my former Teammates lost their lives in service to this great nation.

What's inaccurate about the Call of Duty:Black Ops Cover Graphic?

Both of the Model 1911 pistols held by the operative on the cover and posters cannot not function as depicted! Let’s take it from the top:

The 1911 Model pistol on viewer-right is painted with the thumb safety up and the hammer down, something that can’t physically be done with this style pistol. The thumb safety can only be engaged (pushed up) when the hammer is cocked. The only reason for a hammer to be cocked is when a round is in the chamber. Thus the phrase, “Cocked and locked,” was developed.

Both of the operator’s fingers are on the triggers of both pistols in violation of Firearms Safety Rule #2. Does anyone think pros don’t follow Firearms Safety Rules? Let’s put it this way: I never wanted to explain to what’s left of my Team why I allowed some idiot to put his finger on the trigger before his sights were on a target.

The pistol on viewer-left has the hammer down with the operative’s finger on the trigger. If he pulls the trigger with all his might with the pistol in this condition, it will not fire which is a good thing. If the pistols did fire he would shoot his own feet, which is why the second firearms safety rule is important.

Technically, the pistol on viewer’s left is in one of two states:

1.A condition where a round is in the chamber and the hammer has been lowered (not a safe practice because it can’t be fired without first cocking the hammer and the hammer can fire the round if something snags the hammer, partially cocking and releasing it before the sear engages the hammer’s safety notch), or

2.There is no round in the chamber and the trigger was pulled to let the hammer fall on an empty chamber. With both pistols as depicted, they cannot be fired by pulling either trigger. One person asked me if the pistol on viewer left could have just been fired until empty. When a 1911-Style pistol in proper operating condition with a magazine inserted (the base of the magazine can be seen in the painting) is fired until empty, the slide stays in the reward position, ready to load a fresh magazine. So the answer is no, it wasn’t fired dry – which is a very bad practice in reality.

Finally, the operators I’ve worked with think the kill tally scratched on the slide of the pistol on viewer’s right is ridiculous. No pro I worked with would do this because (1) it scratches one’s fighting instrument, disrespecting it, and (2), simply put, even with smaller spacing between the marks, there isn’t enough room on the whole gun!

This artwork is a massively-promoted mistake by a company that prides itself on presenting Game World in the most realistic way possible. These are brilliant people, so this must be somewhat embarrassing for them for a few minutes, or at least until they got to the bank.

What could you tell Gamers about real combat, that would surprise them?

There are several places in the world where we can go right now to experience real combat in just a few hours. Most people in the US are not aware that life-and-death combat is that close by.

We all realize that there are many differences between Game World and Real World combat, but perhaps the most surprising and seldom mentioned is the effect of raw uncertainty that’s always present in real combat.

Standing in the midst of combat in Game World we all absolutely know, so well that we don’t’ think about it, that we’re going to stop playing the game and get a sandwich, go skateboarding, or do the next thing.

This knowledge is part of our stability. We draw comfort from it. Most of us take our home for granted in such a foundational way that we rely upon the permanence of it without realizing it. We get quite upset when our homes are threatened or destroyed.

Normally, we pay little attention to what surrounds most of us at home. It doesn’t cross our minds as we play at combat.

But in Real World combat zones the reverse is true. You are away from home or maybe fighting for your home. You can no longer count on anything around you to be permanent, not people, not places, not things, and you don’t know if you’re going to be lying on the ground screaming as you die, have a hand blown off, or be instantly dead – and this is the kicker – from one second to the next!

Living with this constant uncertainty, not being able to take a break from it, is the underlying stressor that causes people to fall apart in active combat zones more often than actual fighting does.

But even being in the action, fighting in a combat zone, ending other people’s lives, makes that nagging uncertainty worse because doing it to others increases the realization that others can do it to you.

And this is the unsettling thing one sees in the eyes of many veterans who were in combat in all wars. They look at you but you can’t keep their attention; you clearly see them but their perception is that nothing around them, not even you, is permanent. They rediscover you after just a few seconds, over and over again.

Be kind to these injured people, these brave veterans, when you come across them. They mean no disrespect. Thank them, for they have given far more than their physical wounds. They have sacrificed their peace of mind for your way of life.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/intervi...ll-of-Duty-Q-A
I wonder what these 'realistic' gamers would think if they knew the truth about ol' Wulfie.

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51   #15
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
He had that truck pre-po'd there so as to obscure the view of his lair.
A quick tip that helps in some cases:

If you're reconing a location in Google Street View and the location you're interesting in is obscured, you can try a few different things:

1. Move up or down the street in street view and adjust the camera angle accordingly. This works great for examples like this, with moving objects like this truck.

2. Use the geolocation features of vast picture collection sites like Flickr, Picasa, and Twitpic. Between these sites, there's a vast amount of location data available. Most smartphones geotag their photos with lat/long by default and users don't even realize it (maybe privacy IS dead .

TinEye.com is also very helpful in some cases. It's a "reverse image search engine". It allows you to upload an image and get back similar (but not necessarily the same) images.

As an aside, I've begun sketching out some ideas in regards to a photo terrain search engine. The idea is to take a photo that contains a mountain/hill/etc, convert the visible bits to a scaled 2D plot and then either query Google's GIS data (unlikely currently, due to the # of lookups we're talking about) or query through a GIS data set downloaded locally. Today's powerful GPUs (video card chips) should make this pretty feasible even on a single modestly-powered consumer PC.

We'll see if I ever actually get anywhere with that. If you have any thoughts or ideas, shoot me a PM. I've derailed this topic enough.
perdurabo is offline   Reply With Quote