Old 05-31-2014, 08:58   #1
frostfire
Area Commander

UXO/artillery database

18C's,

those of you who had done cache disposal, etc. can you steer me in the right direction to a complete UXO guidelines, especially artillery and dropped munitions. Perhaps you have an elaborate pdf of the cutout/layout of various UXO's?

Background:
I'm assiting the State Dept. Antiterrorism Assistance (ATA) EIC/PBI (post blast investigation) program for some of our nation partners. One of the student asked if he could get a artillery shells guideline particulary from WWII to Vietnam era. Those used by Japan, British, and US. His team was/is finding hundreds of these in the remote jungle areas. He just wrapped them multiple times with det cord right now, but there had to be a better way i.e. placing cutting charge along the thinnest part etc. So having the UXO schematics would be very helpful. Most of the instructors here are police-EOD background so they don't have access to the info .

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:13   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Google ORDATA II. James Madison University made a great program and database that linked to a web based site that did a lot.

This link may work, but I like ORDATA for basic ID.

http://archive.today/eVxq

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 17:45   #3
exsquid
Quiet Professional

Personally I think ORDATA blows compared to AEODPS, but it is better than nothing. However it will not provide the level of detail you're looking for. For that you need AEODPS and that is Classified.

x/S
Old 10-14-2014, 11:23   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
Personally I think ORDATA blows compared to AEODPS, but it is better than nothing. However it will not provide the level of detail you're looking for. For that you need AEODPS and that is Classified.

x/S
Well true, but for the most (people) that don't have access to the AEODPS set, ORDATA is nice.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote