Old 03-19-2009, 09:12   #31
Bones25U
Asset

Testing

I could test it with the MBITR, PRC-150, ASIP, PSC-5 (Shadowfire), and the PRC-117.
Bones25U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:53   #32
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Location: High ground somewhere in the GREAT Pacific Northwest
THALES Communications

Guys,
I know it's been a while since my last posting, but quality over quantity - right. The Alien Antenna (I've got to come up with a real name - lol) is on its way to THALES Communications for field testing. For those of you that don't know THALES is the 3rd largest defense contractor in the world (80 Billion) and they make the MBITR that's on everyones hip.
Its exactly what I had been praying for - an unbias, professional company that can tell me if BHI has a product worth selling or not.
The manufacturer has updated the antenna based on some local field tests done on similiar products and will have them to me this week. Then I'll send them off to THALES for field testing. If THALES like the product, we know we have a hit. If they don't I'm dumping the project. I'm hopeful (obviously) that it's going to be the only antenna available that you can hook up to your MBITR and will cover the entire frequency range of the antenna (30-512Mhz) AND do it as efficiently of more efficiently than their current antenna's.

I will keep you posted on the results and let you know what happens, and again, thanks for your interest in the project.
Also, keep your eyes open for a big announcement in the 18E thread in the next couple of days about Blackheart International's new relationship with THALES.....MTF.
DeMo180a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:42   #33
ncboy1969
Asset

Thales class

Ken
I am pretty sure I meet you and Erik L. at the Thales course in MA. I passed your info around the Battlion (the guy loved the calender ). If you still need someone to test you antenna just let me know.
Trent
ncboy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:49   #34
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncboy1969 View Post
Ken
I am pretty sure I meet you and Erik L. at the Thales course in MA. I passed your info around the Battlion (the guy loved the calender ). If you still need someone to test you antenna just let me know.
Trent
You might want to read the rules and comply before posting again.

Thanks.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39   #35
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMo180a View Post
I will keep you posted on the results and let you know what happens, and again, thanks for your interest in the project.
Also, keep your eyes open for a big announcement in the 18E thread in the next couple of days about Blackheart International's new relationship with THALES.....MTF.
THALES Liberty received FCC type-acceptance

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 22:10   #36
DeMo180a
Quiet Professional

Location: High ground somewhere in the GREAT Pacific Northwest
Liberty

Ya bro. We (BHI) are in at the very beginnings of the Liberty. It's an amazing product, that gives everyone holding a Liberty Radio the ability to talk to anyone on any frequency range that's responding to the emergency/crisis. From analog FM radio's to the latest and greatest radio's. That's the biggest challenge in responding to a future 9-11. You have county, state, federal governments all involved and responding.
They all have different levels of funding, capabilities and limitations. Well the Liberty can reach out and touch all of them.
It is the answer to all the communications problems leaders and coordinators asked for after the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

We are excited about it and will be offering their entire product line when it is ready for release at www.bhigear.com! (gotta get that in there - lol).
DeMo180a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:12   #37
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMo180a View Post
Ya bro. We (BHI) are in at the very beginnings of the Liberty. It's an amazing product, that gives everyone holding a Liberty Radio the ability to talk to anyone on any frequency range that's responding to the emergency/crisis. From analog FM radio's to the latest and greatest radio's. That's the biggest challenge in responding to a future 9-11. You have county, state, federal governments all involved and responding.
They all have different levels of funding, capabilities and limitations. Well the Liberty can reach out and touch all of them.
It is the answer to all the communications problems leaders and coordinators asked for after the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

We are excited about it and will be offering their entire product line when it is ready for release at www.bhigear.com! (gotta get that in there - lol).
We are waiting to see how it all lays-out....Capability is one thing, but if the roaming capability is there and the compatability with Motorola's trunked systems works out....

Sharing code-plug data is another challenge. But that is more personality driven than a technology issue.

Meanwhile we all sit and watch the grass grow 'til this thing hits the streets

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:46   #38
Mycroft
Guerrilla

Any new news on this? The bhigear site appears to be static and delivers some odd errors at this point...
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote