Old 02-12-2006, 14:27   #31
18C Dad
Auxiliary

It's Hard to Wait

Co Lawman,

I know your anxiety level is running high. I was very emotional when I got the call from our son that he had passed Robin Sage. It's great to hear that your son is continuing toward his goal. Based on what I've heard of him, he will successfully complete Robin Sage. At this point in the training pipeline it seems that the focus is on working to get our young men toward the goal and not so much weeding them out, though that still can and does happen.

My son is two months into his six month Korean Language School and I still have anxiety about that. He seems to be taking it all in stride but only time will tell.

Thinking positively now: when your son completes his training, when will he graduate? Has he already done the language training?

Take care and let us know the outcome.

With respect and admiration,

18 X Dad
18C Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 17:29   #32
3dfxMM
Asset

Sometimes I wonder if the pipeline has a peripheral goal of preparing us parents for all the times ahead where our sons are going to be off somewhere doing important things and we won't be able to contact them to ask how they are doing.
3dfxMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 17:30   #33
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

My thoughts are with you CoLawman. I hope he passes with flying colors.
How long until you find out?

--Aric

Last edited by aricbcool; 02-13-2006 at 17:30. Reason: typo
aricbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:14   #34
CoLawman
Area Commander

Robin Sage is scheduled to end on the 26th of this month. He is then starting Arabic. Counting down the days.
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 17:57   #35
Soft Target
"SF Loggie"

My G Chief

I was in SFOC 78-1 and had the pleasure to winter in the Carolina wilderness. His G Chief name was Juajolote Gordo (you 7th SFGA guys can translate). Wally was an incredile role player (if he was doing that), he knew all the locals and really gave the students leaders a going over. Thanks, Wally!
Soft Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 21:06   #36
Daver
Quiet Professional

It was HOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18X Dad
My son begins Robin Sage this weekend. He's a 20 year-old 18 X candidate who has successfully completed the other SFQC training modules. He's under the "older" training schedule so will not learn his language school until (and if)he succesfully completes Robin Sage. I've read most anything I can on the Robin Sage training exercise. Just wondering if any of QP's on board would share any non-classified stories or memories of Robin Sage. Again, thanks to all of you have served or are serving our country. I'm hopeful that one day my son may too bear title: Quiet Professional. God Bless!
I did robin Sage in August somewhere near Troy. We had heat category 5 every day. We still trained but the G's that were in the base camp were allowed to lay up sorry and eat watermelons from a nearby watermelon patch all day. After about two days, we made sure the missions left the base camp early and all the gs went out! I also learned just how wild the summer thunderstorms can be here in NC. I was in a hammock about 50 feet from a longleaf pine that had the top blown off of it. I learned a new respect for lightning that day!
Your son is getting the best instruction from the best soldiers in the Army so he is in very capable hands. You should be very proud that your son decided to serve this country during a time of war and that he chose Special Forces.
Good Luck Sir!!
Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 21:16   #37
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
You should be very proud that your son decided to serve this country during a time of war and that he chose Special Forces.
And even prouder that Special Forces chose him. You raised him right.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45   #38
CoLawman
Area Commander

Finally The Call!

Got the call this morning! The son is back from Robin Sage and sounded great. He stated that without a doubt it was the most effective training he had experienced to date. He was extremely impressed with the cadre and the exercises. He has not learned his Group assignment yet, but believes he might learn it before the week is out. Arabic starts next Monday. They get a four day weekend so he has his girlfriend flying in for the R&R.
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:12   #39
Martin

Congratulations, that is awesome!

Thank you for raising him so well, and thank him from me for serving.

Martin
Old 02-27-2006, 12:32   #40
18C Dad
Auxiliary

Congrats

So happy to hear that your son passed and is continuing on the journey. Please tell him congrats from 18 X Dad. Look forward to hearing more updates.
18C Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:43   #41
Gypsy
Area Commander

Good news, thanks for sharing it CoLawman! Please pass along congrats to your son.
Old 02-27-2006, 15:29   #42
3dfxMM
Asset

Congrats to your son on completing another step in the journey.
3dfxMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 20:59   #43
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Congrats CoLawman!

--Aric
Old 02-28-2006, 20:14   #44
Leozinho
Quiet Professional

Colawman,

I have an idea who your son is. Big fellow, reddish blonde hair, from Colorado? (My guess is based on your handle and where the fellow I'm thinking of is from and his prior occupation.) If so, I was in the Echo course with him, and he's a very good guy.

I finished Sage on Monday as well. Great training. I'd do the last two weeks in the field again right now if given the chance just for the extra experience. (Though I'd prefer to skip the 24 hour, 135 lb ruck infil. We definately needed to rethink what we packed in.)

On the downside, manpower shortages meant some teams only had G's for a week. (In my team's case, we got G's on the second week.) On the plus side, some of our G's, when we finally got them, turned out to be rather special, which was intimidating at first but they ended up helping us out considerably and being great teachers. (And they stayed in role, unlike the G's from support units.)

There are some big changes with Sage, including one that's likely not to sit well with folks. I'd prefer not to say here in the open but will answer PMs from the appropriate persons.
Leozinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10   #45
dennisw
Area Commander

Colawman,

Congrats to your son. What's next?