Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Briefback

Old 12-07-2004, 15:25   #1
lurch
Quiet Professional

Information Request

I received this request for info and didn't know anything about the action described. I'm not sure if this is the forum for this posting, if not please placein appropriate area:Hello Sir,

Let me quickly introduce myself briefly. My name is Bradford Brassington. Over the last 2 years I have been researching a family friend that served in SOG out of CCC/Kontum. I was forwarded your email address from a colleague of yours from work and was informed that you served out of CCN.
I've been trying to find someone that could help me with team rosters. I was under the understanding that in the Who's Who of MACV-SOG Recon and Hatchet force rosters were listed as well as some of the operations.

Unfortunately, the trail has gone cold. There are names and people that I have located but, after 30 some years, the names of others on the day our family friend was killed have been forgotten.

His name was Wayne Marshall Anderson, they launched out of Dak-to on December 2, 1969. He was KIA the following day in the first volley of attacks against the team.

I only have 2 other names with him that day: Straussfogel and Seper. There were 2 other Americans there that day, the names are unclear but we think it may have been someone by the name of Carr and another (medic) named Brown.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Bradford Brassington

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.801 / Virus Database: 544 - Release Date: 24/11/2004
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 16:43   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch
I received this request for info and didn't know anything about the action described. I'm not sure if this is the forum for this posting, if not please placein appropriate area:
Lurch,

You may post it any where you please, you are a SF brother!

Another place this young man may want to place his request is with www.sfahq.org

I'm sure there will be a SOG Vet along shortly that can also help out this young man in his quest for information. Ambush Master has a few friends in SOG and SOA!

TS
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 18:53   #3
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Looking at the Who's Who, he was in Co B (Reaction/Exploitation) "Hatchet Force". Reviewing the names that were there during his time, I don't recognize anybody right off hand. He was killed about 8 months before I arrived in country and besides, the Recon guys didn't mix with many of the Company guys anyway !! I'll check with my Recon friends and see if any of them remember him. This may take a while.

Lurch, you can have Brad contact me directly if you want. A couple of years ago, I was able to put together what really happened to a current Air Force Major's uncle and get his family the real story, but I was there when it went down.

Take care.
Martin