Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Briefback

Old 04-24-2004, 09:51   #61
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Very cool Mick

Thank you NDD! Mick Striders knife is a real surprise to me (I don't get surprised very often in knife world) and I will tell him this in person next month at Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Anyone who is in the neighborhood is welcome and I can post more info on this show if requested. I'll be there with Chris Reeve. If anyone wants to contact Strider and has any problems, please advise and I will help. Time to post some pre history of Fairbairn Sykes Dagger on a new thread. I'll do that now.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 19:49   #62
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

I was given a supply of these nkives (daggers) to issue to my indige. I didn't really have a use for the knife. It had a diamond shaped blade which was good for stabing but useless for cutting. Yhe brass handle and knob were good for ringing someone's bell.

I issued them to my team and they became a real status symbol. Only the Special Projects Teams had them. They wore those knives everywhere. Check out the linked picture, click on it and you will notice they even wore the knives for PT. I have some movies of them which are hilarious.

http://tadahling.tripod.com/sitebuil...es/box1107.jpg

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 19:56   #63
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
They wore those knives everywhere. Check out the linked picture, click on it and you will notice they even wore the knives for PT.
"For those who have been FOOLISH and caught UNARMED!"
W.E. Fairbairn - Referring to H2H

Hard men there QRQ. I can see it in their faces even in a decades old pic on the internet. You must have been very proud of them.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 19:57   #64
Bill Harsey

Stating the obvious, knives mean something don't they? Great picture! Thanks.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:43   #65
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Apparently Strider is going to make that V42 a part of their line and are indicating they will have a special price for certain people with paperwork - I'm guessing SF guys?

Sounds like somebody may have started a trend. LOL

Maybe we'll all get lucky and the competition will get so fierce the blademasters will one up themselves into donating them to SF guys with combat patches. LOL

"I always felt like Colonel Applegate was a father to me, does that count?"

"No, I never actually met him, but..."
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-26-2004, 15:54   #66
Bill Harsey

uh, it's starting to get warm in here, no wait! My computer is having a wardrobe malfunction, (oops, wrong website) I mean it's not working right, it's mixing up the words here on PF. Going out to shop now to sort thru hammer collection for the Hard Drive Hammer, I think that is the long handled 12 pounder. NO WAIT! All they need are free knives! why didn't I think of that? That's reasonable. Oh yeah, forgot, divorce lawyers cost a lot..would have to include legal surcharge with free knives. Ok, now I'm on track.
Old 04-26-2004, 15:58   #67
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL. I was just funnin' ya a little. My Mrs. has a bad habit of eating and wanting roof over her head as well. Wonder what caused that?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-26-2004, 16:06   #68
Bill Harsey

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL. I was just funnin' ya a little. My Mrs. has a bad habit of eating and wanting roof over her head as well. Wonder what caused that?
That comes under the category of "Acute Humor Failure" and it's always caused by us. Prompting "AHF" is a diminishable skill so work hard at maintaining your qualifications. I do.
Old 04-26-2004, 16:21   #69
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
That comes under the category of "Acute Humor Failure" and it's always caused by us. Prompting "AHF" is a diminishable skill so work hard at maintaining your qualifications. I do.
I have post-grad work in that area.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 16:33   #70
Bill Harsey

Post Grad? Sir, this is a compliment, your qualified to teach Doctoral Candidates at any Institution on this planet.
Old 04-26-2004, 16:35   #71
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Post Grad? Sir, this is a compliment, your qualified to teach Doctoral Candidates at any Institution on this planet.
Mr. Harsey, have I induced AHF in you as well?

I sincerely hope not (unless it was in a very worthy cause).

Thanks for the kind words otherwise.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 16:39   #72
Bill Harsey

Your welcome! No AHF here! back to the shop, my wifes coming!
Old 04-26-2004, 19:02   #73
brownapple

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

Maybe we'll all get lucky and the competition will get so fierce the blademasters will one up themselves into donating them to SF guys with combat patches. LOL
Making a suggestion?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41   #74
Bill Harsey

I spoke with one of the owners of Strider Knives last night and told them to start paying attention here.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49   #75
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I told Mick I had "borrowed" his pics and showed them to the community.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?