Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-01-2018, 13:40   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Google is editing out all the homeless camps in California ??

Google is editing out all the homeless camps in California

California number one poverty state in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=04Z3Rd0rD_I

Video of massive homeless camps in Anaheim, California, 17 Jan 2018.

Google maps dated 2018.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7992.../data=!3m1!1e3

I've looked other places at homeless people camps and it seems google likes to edit their maps and remove the camps.
Old 02-01-2018, 13:56   #2
PSM
Area Commander

They've got a lot more editing to do. Street view down San Julian south of 5th, in downtown L.A., still has squatters on the sidewalks.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 14:23   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Google's products and services are very diverse. Google is able to provide citizens with a number of products: "newspapers, films, textbooks, telescreen programmes, plays, novels -- with every conceivable kind of information, instruction, or entertainment, from a statue to a slogan, from a lyric poem to a biological treatise"
...even a dictionary if you need one. One that can give you New words to Speak a new language.

Google has "a whole chain of separate departments dealing with proletarian literature, music, drama, and entertainment" and If you are skilled with the search engine, you can find "newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means" if you are just willing to spend the time searching for the truth.

Google has so much reach and acess that it could probably even be used to manipulate public opinion if someone chose to do so.
...but that will never happen in this day and age - we are too smart to be fooled that easily.

Besides, the information managers at Google work extra hard to be certain that the "process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound-tracks, cartoons, photographs -- to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance." We only want to have the very best and most current significant facts !!!!

WAIT...
... I feel like I have seen this same scenario played out in my head someone before. It's like I remember it from 34 years ago, but my memory "faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain."

Oh well, I was going to comment on the beautiful scenery in Anaheim but I forgot what I was going to say.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 14:26   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander

2066 comments to the You Tube video, some of them kinda humorous, some of them just plain stupid. Politicians in the state are getting their fair share of the credit along with Obozo for creating the situation. Google is just adding to the fake side of things, I guess out of sight out of mind.
Old 02-01-2018, 14:39   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Google is just adding to the fake side of things
We should stop saying fake. It isn't exactly fake it's just 'untrue' and we should refer to it that way.

Now I agree, there do seem to be a few stories that could be classified as doubly untrue, but we still shouldn't call them fake.

Just my opinion
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 02-01-2018, 14:52   #6
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
We should stop saying fake. It isn't exactly fake it's just 'untrue' and we should refer to it that way.

Now I agree, there do seem to be a few stories that could be classified as doubly untrue, but we still shouldn't call them fake.

Just my opinion
You are 100% right. They are lies and falsehoods being used to manipulate the dozing sheep into following their masters.

I'd like to see Trump say "okay I'll stop with saying fake news, from now on I'm going to make it clear that you are all a bunch of lying scumbags better suited for shithole countries than America."
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 16:58   #7
PSM
Area Commander

L.A.'s homelessness surged 75% in six years.

My wife and I left L.A. 6 years ago. Coincidence?

And, the L.A. times even wrote this:

Quote:
The problem has only gotten worse since Mayor Eric Garcetti [D] took office in 2013 and a liberal Democratic supermajority emerged in 2016 on the county Board of Supervisors.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...201-story.html
I added the [D] since the LAT didn't.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 17:44   #8
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

Maybe Google can edit out all the plastic straws, too.

S.
Old 02-01-2018, 18:25   #9
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Wonder if Or what Google is doing about the homeless problem in reality? Editing the virtual world is Orwellian to say the least and potentially dangerous. Can you say ... Liability...

And of course they own youtube.

Probably doesn't need to be said but micro soft and go ogle are super creepy IMO, they are information collectors, manipulator and controllers.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 20:44   #10
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
Editing the virtual world is Orwellian to say the least....
They are like the Ministry of Truth...

...doubleplus ungood for certain

Old 02-01-2018, 21:01   #11
cbtengr
Area Commander

Maybe we can get Google to do a drive by of the Hoover Bldg. in DC and make some of that slime go away.
Old 02-01-2018, 21:52   #12
mojaveman
Area Commander

If you're driving on the 57 Freeway through Anaheim and the wind is just right you can smell it.

The camps are bad enough but the problem with individual homelessness is everywhere you look in Southern California.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 22:24   #13
CSB
Quiet Professional

It is curious that if you go to Google Earth and look at that stretch of walkway (outside Angel's Stadium) there is nothing but the paved walkway and some grassless shoulder.

If you click "Street View" no "blue line" pops up in the walkway, as if no camera car, camera cart or camera biker had ever passed down the parkway. The nearest "blue line" is on the Orange Freeway (California Highway 57).

But if you click on the freeway "blue line" and go to street view, then pan to "look out over the railing" of the freeway you see the entire walkway lined with tents and tarps.

Does Google acknowledge doing this?

Last edited by CSB; 02-02-2018 at 17:10.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44   #14
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
WAIT...
... I feel like I have seen this same scenario played out in my head someone before. It's like I remember it from 34 years ago, but my memory "faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain."

Oh well, I was going to comment on the beautiful scenery in Anaheim but I forgot what I was going to say.
Brilliant post Box.

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 13:29   #15
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
Does Google acknowledge doing this?
Surely you jest.

Want to bet this makes headline news?