Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-08-2018, 05:57   #31
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
The effective way to address the drug problem in this country is the creation of jobs which men like to do.
Unemployment/underemployment tends to affect men more negatively than women.

When the economy expands, the drug problem will shrink.
(Drug problem, not drug use in general...they aren't necessarily the same thing.)

The YouTube channel is kind of goofy, but he got a good Jordan Peterson clip.
https://youtu.be/Fg2IUBqvAKQ
This idea was run up the flagpole nearly 3 years ago, only it concerned the war on terror. Somehow I don't think job creation is the magic pill. No pun intended.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2015/02...anced-for-some

Harf said Monday night that the U.S. can’t focus on killing terrorists, and instead needs to help them find work. She said the U.S. needs to get to the root cause of terrorism, which includes “lack of opportunity for jobs.”

Old 01-08-2018, 06:40   #32
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
This idea was run up the flagpole nearly 3 years ago, only it concerned the war on terror. Somehow I don't think job creation is the magic pill. No pun intended.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2015/02...anced-for-some

Harf said Monday night that the U.S. can’t focus on killing terrorists, and instead needs to help them find work. She said the U.S. needs to get to the root cause of terrorism, which includes “lack of opportunity for jobs.”

Not advocating a jobs program as a method to combat the drug problem.
Suggesting that an improved economy will create desirable jobs which, in turn, will diminish the drug problem.

Just looking at it from a larger systemic view, not really from a view of case-by-case.

WRT Trump enforcing federal drug laws, I suspect part of this is him creating an issue which can be used as a future bargaining chip.
Working with both sides of the isle, he could propose legislation where marijuana is classified on a different schedule, perhaps in exchange for some border wall funding to keep out "hard drugs".

Trump has a history of creating bargaining chips where they previously didn't exist.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:01   #33
Sohei
Area Commander

The drug trade won't go away because it allows people to make way too much money in way too short of a time. It's a lazy, victim, mindset.

After interviewing, interrogating, and jailing way too many dealers for my liking, they stick to the fact that they don't want to work because they will never earn the amount of money they do by dealing drugs. Simply put, they are lazy. The risk is worth the reward - in their minds.

In my AO, we are one of the most rapid growing cities in the nation. Our drug dealers haven't skipped a beat and we have more jobs here than we have ever had in my lifetime.

It's a lazy, victim mentality that permeates much of their thinking. Maybe not all -- but many.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:17   #34
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

Campaigns in the War on Drugs

I am glad to hear we have a "war" on opiods. But, I have questions. What happened to the "war" on meth? Wasn't meth supposed to paralyze the Appalachian region and the south? Whole communities were going to be decimated, a whole generation of children was going to grow up without parents, the government social services at all levels were supposed to collapsed. When did the "war" on meth end? What happened to the "wars" on crack, ice and a whole plethora of illegal substances?
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:41   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperFrank View Post
I am glad to hear we have a "war" on opiods. But, I have questions. What happened to the "war" on meth? Wasn't meth supposed to paralyze the Appalachian region and the south? Whole communities were going to be decimated, a whole generation of children was going to grow up without parents, the government social services at all levels were supposed to collapsed. When did the "war" on meth end? What happened to the "wars" on crack, ice and a whole plethora of illegal substances?
My guess would be is that opioids are killing tens of thousands and meth is only making them the "living dead"............. and no one cares about the living dead. Besides, until ten "celebrity's" are found dead in a pool of their own vomit from meth use no one is going to give a shitte.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:55   #36
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
My guess would be is that opioids are killing tens of thousands and meth is only making them the "living dead"............. and no one cares about the living dead. Besides, until ten "celebrity's" are found dead in a pool of their own vomit from meth use no one is going to give a shitte.
LOL......Hummmmm.....I could think of a few "Useless Celeb's" that could be on the next vomit drug overdose death list.......but, who really cares....

There is a city called Elkton in Cecil County, Opioid Capital of Maryland...You cannot drive thru the area without seeing one of the "Opioid Walkers" as we call them walking the streets looking for hits....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 14:05   #37
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
LOL......Hummmmm.....I could think of a few "Useless Celeb's" that could be on the next vomit drug overdose death list.
From what I heard last night there was a big room full of useless celebs gathered together to self congratulate each other on how they performed their jobs playing pretend.

If the place would have collapsed and killed them all, I'd have celebrated.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 18:38   #38
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
There goes my dreams of being the Pot King of Calif.......

Going to be amusing to see how many arrests are made.

Attorney General Sessions to end Obama-era policy that let legal pot flourish
FOXNEWS

Attorney General Jeff Sessions plans to roll back an Obama-era policy that had allowed legal marijuana to thrive without federal intervention, Fox News confirmed Thursday.

The Obama administration back in 2013 announced via a memo from then-Deputy Attorney General James Cole that it would not obstruct states that legalized marijuana, on the condition the drug was not allowed to move to states where it was illegal and it was kept away from children and gangs.

Sessions is expected to announce that he will rescind that memo and instead leave it to U.S. attorneys in states where the drug is legal to decide to what extent they will enforce federal laws.

The Associated Press reported that the move will likely add to confusion among users and suppliers about whether they can grow, buy and sell marijuana in states -- as federal law bans it.

The government regards marijuana as a controlled dangerous substances, grouped together with drugs such as heroin. Sessions has blamed its increased use for spikes in violence in the U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-flourish.html
I have my opinions about legalization but if all the states are not gonna legalize it then none should....Colorado has always had it's fair share of liberals but these mountains were not explored by Grizzly Adams type liberals it was conquered by some badasses who felt it was our God given right as supreme beings to discover, explore and conquer the wilderness.....the limp wristed lefties just enjoy it but not enough to explore them they just get stoned and admire them.

My reason? Living in Colorado has gotten exponentially more crowded full of drug seeking a-holes and liberals....the cost of housing is through the roof....homeless are an even bigger issue than ever.....I now routinely patrol the park and riverbed by my house to make it inhospitable for them.......and liberal stupidity is at an all time high no pun intended....the Governor has suspended the legal death penalty while he is in office insulting the families of the victims of some extremely brutal crimes that have had their future legally determined in a court of law decision to be killed.....they claim that the cost of fighting repeals makes it cheaper to keep them in prison.....get rid of it's legal status and spread the retardation back out to where they came from....

The plus? Food sales are up

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 01-08-2018 at 19:35.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:51   #39
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I've given up my dreams of being "Pot King of Calif". I'm just going to set up a "Discount Ammunition Sales" store in Arizona, just 5 miles from the Kalif border.
Old 01-09-2018, 13:32   #40
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Like with alcohol prohibition, the lifting of the ban, to be effective, must be nation wide. No longer are people making gin in bathtubs to supply the speakeasy downstairs and their are no longer gangs running booze getting into shoot out with revenuers... For a reason.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 13:24   #41
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Cannabis users are really idiots

When the ultra-left wing starts reporting that dope is bad for you, you should take notice. Makes a strong case for the "triggered" snowflakes.

Save your pro dope retorts for the idiots.......

Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds

*Marijuana users are significantly more likely to feel that others wish them harm
*Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis
*Teenage users are particularly affected as their brains are still developing
*Brain activity could be monitored to determine users' mental health risks
*In the US, 44 percent of those aged 12 or over have used cannabis at some point

By Alexandra Thompson Health Reporter For Mailonline
Published: 10:24 EST, 17 January 2018 | Updated: 17:51 EST, 17 January 2018

Cannabis users are more likely to experience negative emotions, particularly feeling alienated from others, new research reveals.
People who use marijuana are significantly more likely to feel that others wish them harm or are deceiving them, a US study found.
Brain scans also reveal the class-B drug increases signal connectivity in regions of the brain that have previously been linked to psychosis, the research adds, which is associated with severe depression.
Teenage cannabis users are particularly affected as their brains are still developing, according to the researchers.
In the US, 44 percent of those aged 12 or over have used cannabis at some point in their lives.

cont:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ed-others.html
Old 01-18-2018, 14:27   #42
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Save your pro dope retorts for the idiots.......
Hah!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike Drop.jpg (41.5 KB, 57 views)

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 22:48   #43
Penn
Area Commander

Son, the world changed, its a different place then I remmember...
The future is here, IN NJ, our New Governor want s raise the Tax on incomes > $500K, legalize weed, tax drug sales.

All politician are corrupt, Want the push to legalize drugs, taxes and a constituent base that is to numb to care.

https://www.aciconglomerated.com/
https://www.singlepoint.com/ Trade's as Sing
https://www.singlepoint.com/news-med...int-venture-to

HVBTF

Last edited by Penn; 01-18-2018 at 22:51.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:44   #44
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

There significant health effect for both alcohol and tobacco use and you can cherry pick all kinds of studies to show that either legal substance causes similar effects. As a matter of policy, the war on drugs in general and Marijuana prohibition in particular are the benchmark of government failure.
It is not worth the time, money, expanding police state, nor risk to officers or citizens to perpetuate this failure.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 13:25   #45
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
There significant health effect for both alcohol and tobacco use and you can cherry pick all kinds of studies to show that either legal substance causes similar effects. As a matter of policy, the war on drugs in general and Marijuana prohibition in particular are the benchmark of government failure.
It is not worth the time, money, expanding police state, nor risk to officers or citizens to perpetuate this failure.
LOL

I've no idea where that came from......... but please keep smoking it.

You really want to argue alcohol when the subject is dope. Alcohol has been in widespread human use for over 10,000 years. We are well aware of the effects/dangers.