Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-28-2019, 08:21   #16
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Still very little information on the operation. Surely a SEAL must have a book deal or movie rights? What kind of public relations is this?
Sounds like the President wants to release the film footage...staring voice over provided by Chuck Norris as Colonel Scotty McCoy.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 10-28-2019 at 08:40.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:39   #17
Box
Quiet Professional

There was a GReat photo circulating this morning of Nancy Pelosi reviewing the full mission brief for the Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi mission.

Apparently she is claiming that didn't get notified prior to hit time and that her approval was required because she is equal in government to the Commander in Chief - you can tell by the look on her face that she was NOT happy about being left out of the loop. An unconfirmed source said she was actually invited to the mission briefing and that she DID infact show up to the briefing. Reliable reporting inside the White House have said that she showed up to the briefing, she took her seat at the briefing, and then as soon as the POTUS sat down she jumped up and decreed that the POTUS was unhinged and that he was having a meltdown. She then stormed out of the briefing before it even started - then later when she was handed the mission folder to review (post incident) she flipped her lid - the attached picture was captured on a cell phone that an evil republican must have snuck into the SCIF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP.jpg (112.7 KB, 46 views)
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 10-28-2019 at 09:44.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:51   #18
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Still very little information on the operation. Surely a SEAL must have a book deal or movie rights? What kind of public relations is this?
The data line showing the unit info & TTPs we get plunges the further away from NavSW community the graph gets. And the puppy ain't talkin'... but someone can take him a beer for me.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:55   #19
bblhead672
Area Commander

Well done to our SpecOps warriors.

Well done to our CINC, especially the part about not informing the communist DNC traitors in advance.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:37   #20
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Thank you, President Trump! And Bravo Zulu for all of those that participated in the obliteration of this s.o.b.
Old 10-28-2019, 14:54   #21
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
The data line showing the unit info & TTPs we get plunges the further away from NavSW community the graph gets. And the puppy ain't talkin'... but someone can take him a beer for me.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-baghdadi-raid

President Trump releases photo of hero dog! (name NOT declassified.)

What a cutie!!! Looks like something you do NOT want chasing you down...

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 16:50   #22
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Holly
You're right; looks like a Malinois and they can have a definite crazy side to them. Best if you keep it so they like you.
Thanks for the link.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 10-28-2019, 18:25   #23
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:

Holly
I went to K-9 Handler School on Okinawa (I wasn't a handler, they just had an extra dog that needed training and I was the training dummy). If you watch Police K-9 training the dogs go for the extremities, the legs and arms. Not so all military dogs. Police train with a sleeve, we had full body suits including the head, which was a lot of fun in the Summer. Of course, they are all trained for different jobs and not necessarily like ours were, but if I were a terrorist and saw a fur torpedo heading for me I'd probably blow myself up, too.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 19:26   #24
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
...fur torpedo...
LMAO Pat. Friend/handler on a nearby department used exactly that term to describe his puppy, or I should say now, Puppy (Ret.). Don't know if it's true but I'd heard from a guy years ago that they could catalog over 100 individual scents - like a torpedo with a Rolodex. They'd sniff the whole patrol element before going out and anything different was in the wrong category. Like I said, don't know how accurate it is but they are amazing animals.

Old 10-28-2019, 20:35   #25
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
LMAO Pat. Friend/handler on a nearby department used exactly that term to describe his puppy, or I should say now, Puppy (Ret.).
Trust me, when you are in the suit, it's exactly what they look like! Plus several of them weighed as much as I did and when they hit they hit hard.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:06   #26
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:

Holly
So, whose your Abu Bakr Bark-daddy now?
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:52   #27
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Abu Hassan al-Muhajir,, DEAD, within hours of bagging al-Baghdadi

Win Win

Quote:

ISIS spokesman Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, potential al-Baghdadi successor, also killed in Syria, official says

Islamic State spokesman Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, considered a potential successor to terror leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, also was killed in Syria in a separate attack by U.S. forces, a senior State Department official confirmed to Fox News on Monday.

Al-Muhajir had been considered a “number two” to al-Baghdadi, according to the official.

The second U.S. military operation took place in Turkish-held Jarabulus in northern Syria, a 3-hour drive from where al-Baghdadi was killed near another border town with Turkey, Fox News has learned.

link:

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:38   #28
Joker
Quiet Professional

Job well done. Much respect and hope the pup heals well.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:47   #29
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
...but if I were a terrorist and saw a fur torpedo heading for me I'd probably blow myself up, too.
Funny because most of the Arabs I met and got to know over there don't like dogs. They don't keep them as pets like we do.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:58   #30
PTF Guy
Asset

al-Baghdadi's Reward

May he be rewarded with 72 Rachel Maddow's.....
PTF Guy is offline   Reply With Quote