Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 10-17-2014, 13:38   #31
S2theM
Asset

Lol. My old ortho doc was extremely attractive. But with our different personalities it never would have worked. My biggest issue at the moment is sleep. I toss and turn for an hour before I give up and do somthing somewhat constructive. I'm not trying to up the dose on my meds anymore.
S2theM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04   #32
S2theM
Asset

So it's been almost 2 months since I've been back from sfas, I've found a routine of pain meds that will allow me to sleep and get on with the day. If I skip the meds I'm back where I started, in tons of pain, can't stand up straight, and no sleep. I just got my MRI results and what they have said is it's a contusion, and that's a bruise from what I have gathered. The doc said it's no big deal you'll be ship shape in no time. But I was also told this 2 months ago. Do any of y'all have any insight on this?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:28   #33
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Edit

Last edited by Red Flag 1; 03-16-2018 at 14:08.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 20:11   #34
11Ber
Quiet Professional

What is contused? Bone or soft tissue? I am 2 months post either a stress fracture or a bone bruise (reason for the or is they appear the same on MRI) and was just cleared to get rid of the Cam walker last week. If this is a bone bruise it will be a while but it does get better.
11Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 13:12   #35
S2theM
Asset

I wasn't told much I just spoke to the nurse. But I imagine muscle since I didn't fall or get hit in that area.
Old 11-04-2014, 14:55   #36
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2theM View Post
I wasn't told much I just spoke to the nurse. But I imagine muscle since I didn't fall or get hit in that area.
Maybe I'm just an over the top type A personality and took A Message To Garcia to heart, but I asked a ton of questions and researched my ass off until I knew as much as humanly possible about my condition prior to beginning my journey of healing. For starters, I didn't want to waste my doctor's time and I didn't want to waste mine or my wife's time with a less than optimal game plan for getting myself mended and back on the path.

When my ortho sees me, he rolls his eyes, smiles and cringes because he knows I'm not gonna leave that room without having every question answered and contingencies for my contingency plans as they relate to my status, recovery, phys therapy, training, my future, etc.

If I were you, I would make sure I knew exactly what was going on with my hip (or any other body part for that matter) because this shit can sideline you for a long time, if not forever, if you don't properly treat yourself and recover.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 17:55   #37
S2theM
Asset

Well DIYPatriot I have researched quite a bit I was confident it was bursitis I have those same exact symptoms. But the PA said it wasn't. I researched my ass off because my clinic wasn't doing a damn thing. I was really relying on this MRI to tell me what's wrong, and my diagnosis is a bruise! Honestly I think my PA is going to give me another you'll be ok in 2 weeks profile. Today has been a pretty bad day. Very sore and my muscle feels as if it's vibrating.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:11   #38
S2theM
Asset

Hello everyone it's been a year since this injury happened and almost a year since I completed selection. Still having this hip and leg trouble, recently I have been seeing a physical therapist that is scraping and massaging the scar tissue and I have been getting better temporarily. I've had trigger point injections that have also helped but are also temporary. Just recently I noticed this divot in my quad and havnt been able to talk to my PA. The picture attached shows both legs for comparison, any ideas on what this could be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.8 KB, 85 views)
Old 09-07-2015, 15:01   #39
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Edit

Last edited by Red Flag 1; 03-16-2018 at 14:10.
Old 09-09-2015, 17:06   #40
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocIllinois View Post
"Just when I thought I was out... (ps.com) pulls me back in!" Thanks a lot, RF1.

I agree with post #42; that image isn't necessarily the most diagnostic. Could you pour a liquid into this "dent", or get a kind of shadow thing going on, and then take a photo?

DDx:
A natural separation in the muscle fibers, recently accentuated
Lipoatrophia semicircularis

I know the feeling.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:42   #41
S2theM
Asset

Here is a picture of the bad one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-12-2015, 08:44   #42
S2theM
Asset

And the good one for comparison. With the added shadow effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-12-2015, 14:19   #43
S2theM
Asset

Most of the pain is in the hip and deep in the glute, but it radiates from my lower back all the way to my knee. That specific spot actually doesn't hurt, but I received trigger point injections in that muscle and I was almost normal for about a month.