Old 02-11-2012, 16:28   #16
BenATX
Asset

Howdy,

My name is Ben, I briefly served in HHC 160th SOAR(A) at FTCKY. Glad to be here, and thank ya'll for all the wisdom shared.

Cheers,
BenATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 21:41   #17
Dan Lenson
Asset

Grateful for the site

Hello,

I'm an AGR member -- E5 type -- of a water purification unit in Michigan.

I'm an old dog, but you couldn't pay me to be a day younger.

Grateful for a chance to gain insight & wisdom here.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:03   #18
Smcpart
Asset

I am a Police Officer in SoCal. Prior to that I was a Deputy in North Carolina. I was CCT for 5 years active (Pope) and 2 years CCT as an IMA with SOCCENT (MacDill). Been on SOCNET for several years, which drew me here. Thanks for allowing me on your site.
Smcpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:03   #19
SigDude
Asset

My Intro: Joined US Army 1 March 1973 Signal (31B then) Today 25U. Nothing special, Turkey, Desert Storm, Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan X2 and of course Germany (Heidelberg). Will retire Feb 2013 (enough is enough). Patriot Guard Riders, Sons of Liberty riders, & VFW. Lives in South Georgia when not deployed. Currently at Kandahar Afghanistan.

Last edited by SigDude; 02-12-2012 at 05:06.
SigDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:04   #20
Violent21
Asset

Violent21 on deck

Good morning all, first and foremost I would like to extend a "thank you" to all who make this website possible, and to the service that most of the members here have provided for this nation and our people.

I am a prior service U.S Marine Corps infantryman, in which I am nearing the completing of my IRR time. I am actually in the works of trying to get into the U.S. Army which hopes of coming over to your side of the community. Other than that, full-time student here, and I really enjoy a hot beer on a cold day...cheers
Violent21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 21:56   #21
R TT
Asset

Hello all, I am currently a senior in high school. I plan to join the army right out of high school and enlist with a 18x contract. Reading the posts here has given me great insight, as well as the book "Get Selected". Special Forces is my ambition, my life dream if you will. I wish to serve my country to my fullest extent.

Later
R TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 23:26   #22
Brian1/75
Asset

I served in 1/75 from 06-10. I've been looking at NGSF and I've spent some time lurking the wealth of information here. A thread in general discussion has me screaming at my computer though.
Brian1/75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 23:35   #23
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1/75 View Post
I served in 1/75 from 06-10. I've been looking at NGSF and I've spent some time lurking the wealth of information here. A thread in general discussion has me screaming at my computer though.

Welcome Brother.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 02-12-2012 at 23:37.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 13:28   #24
JTC
Asset

Introduction

Hello everybody. I've been with the Army for nine years now. I joined the Army 9 years ago at 17 years of age as an infantryman. I've been an 18C with 5th SFG (A) going on four years now. I came across this site while google searching military pro deals. I've never been a huge forum guy, but I might be able to contribute to this forum, as well as take something away.
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 22:24   #25
Violent21
Asset

Welcome JTC, I'm sure you can contribute to the abundance of G2 here, and i should say that I have a huge disliking for forums, but this is so well run and monitored, it's the only other one that I frequent (aside from one car forum lol). Again, welcome
"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28
Violent21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02   #26
CopToSoldier
Asset

Hello Everyone,

I've enjoyed reading through the posts the last few weeks. I am currently a DHS Police Officer thinking about joining the Guard. I'm 28, so time is becoming an issue. I'm hoping to make contact with a recruiter who may specialize in Rep-63's. Thanks to all who provide insight and information on this site, as it is a wealth of knowledge to anyone considering joining.

JH
CopToSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46   #27
KP34
SF Candidate

My name is Jake and am enlisting under an 18x contract. I greatly appreciate the invaluable information provided on the site for anyone preparing for the SF training pipeline. Many thanks.
KP34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 20:04   #28
Tennessee Boy
Asset

My Name is Chris and I am currently working with a recruiter for a 18x contract. I have my physical next Thursday then I'll be signing the contract. Many thanks goes out to all you guys for your service and the hardships you faced and overcame. The information here along with Warrior-Mentor's book has been incredible. I can not explain how much the information is/has benefitted me so again many thanks to you guys!

Sincerely,
Chris
Old 02-14-2012, 20:24   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfInTraining88 View Post
My Name is Chris and I am currently working with a recruiter for a 18x contract. I have my physical next Thursday then I'll be signing the contract. Many thanks goes out to all you guys for your service and the hardships you faced and overcame. The information here along with Warrior-Mentor's book has been incredible. I can not explain how much the information is/has benefitted me so again many thanks to you guys!

Sincerely,
Chris
Chris:

You aren't SF anything yet. Pretty presumptuous of you to assume that title.

Let me know what you would like for a user name.

Or I can pick something.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 21:48   #30
Tennessee Boy
Asset

Reaper,
I'll send you a message with a different name. I can get carried away with the visualization part of "Get Selected" sometimes haha.

Chris