Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Qualification Course

Old 10-14-2005, 06:18   #16
18C Dad
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtab
It's hardly the same emotional and humbling experience as SERE. Take him to Texas Roadhouse, buy him a beer, and enjoy his stories!
longtab- glad to hear that information from you. I'm not familiar with the Texas Roadhouse. I assume it's a bar in Fort Bragg? We have not been to Bragg yet, only to Ft. Benning for our son's Turning of the Blue ceremony. I look forward to seeing my son again and hearing his stories. In the meantime, I appreciate all of the QP such as you who are willing to share information with Dads like me. Take care.
18C Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:43   #17
Pete
Quiet Professional

Texas Roadhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18X Dad
... I'm not familiar with the Texas Roadhouse. I assume it's a bar in Fort Bragg?
The Texas Roadhouse is one of the better places to get a steak and cold beer in Fayetteville. While everybody has their place of choice to eat, it's mine.

It's on Sycamore Dairy Road extension between Mcpherson Church road and the All American Expressway.

The place fills up quickly after 5:10PM. You get the fastest seating at about 4:50-5:00PM. After that it's standing room only and up to a 30 minute wait.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:43   #18
Pete
Quiet Professional

Coscomite Gs

I really must add an addendum on the G force from COSCOM. At the time I had any dealings with Robin Sage the G Force was a detail from post units.

You had two types of Gs - those that hated the detail and being in the field - and those that loved it and volunteered for it to get out of the BS at main post.

The repeat Gs came out every chance they got. They were very good in the field, knew "the game" very well and loved being Gs. They also knew the students were under the gun for grades and the 82nd troops got "good deals" for running down the students. If a small patrol was jumped they would throw themselves into the 82nd allowing the students to escape.

The deadbeats would sit down and moan every chance they got.

There is a trick to whipping a bunch of unmotivated coscomite type Gs into a band of whup-ass Gs. Takes a little more work and a few mind games but the transformation can be remarkable. The Remington Raiders ride again. Thats Remington as in typewriter.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:07   #19
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

In conjunction with another thread I always loved it when I heard the G-Chief had the TL taken out and shot because he was a Richard Head. This was at the direction of the Umpire. You don't have to go native but I believe to "establish rapport" was the next step after making contact. :

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 21:05   #20
ESH
Asset

Fantastic posts; really enjoy reading them--

Last edited by ESH; 08-16-2006 at 09:50.
ESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 21:07   #21
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRQ 30
In conjunction with another thread I always loved it when I heard the G-Chief had the TL taken out and shot because he was a Richard Head.
hell, our G-chief was named Rikard Kopf...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 21:41   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Colonel Jack Meoff.

It was pronounced, "May Hoff".

And you better not laugh when you said it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:58   #23
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I was a G Chief once. I got the impression the TL didn't care much for me. WO Ian C was the Team Sergeant. One of his troops KIAd a box turtle. Seems they didn't realize that that particular species holds a very special place in the hearts of PL nationals. Ian came up with some rather innovative ways of expressing his remorse. The funeral was beautiful - full military honors. I thought them charging over the hill screaming "Viva La Tortuga" at the top of their lungs was a nice touch as well...
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 13:56   #24
18C Dad
Auxiliary

Good News from Pineland

Hello All,

I just received a call from my son from somewhere in Pineland. He successfully passed the Robin Sage portion of the pipeline should return to Ft. Bragg on Monday. He thinks he will find out his language on Tuesday. Note to the other dads on the forum: I don't have much information yet on his Robin Sage experience as we didn't have much time to talk. He did say that the peer review was very tough and he almost did not make it based on that. Don't have anymore particulars but my son is sometimes a little too serious and intense so that may be part of it. I'll follow up again once we learn his language. Thanks for the support of the QP and others on the PS forum.

Michael
18C Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 14:11   #25
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Robin Sage

My G-chief was J. Anderson from 7th SFG. He was a proud Texan. Every morning he raised the Texas flag over the G-Base and made us all sing the Texas national Anthem.
Old 10-29-2005, 16:22   #26
CoLawman
Area Commander

Congratulations 18XDad and continued good fortune to your son!
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:37   #27
dave_az
Asset

Way to go 18XDad! The pride of a father runs deep.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:00   #28
dennisw
Area Commander

Congradulations 18x dad. I think you'll find your son's experience in Robin Sage was much different than phase II etc.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:20   #29
CoLawman
Area Commander

By my calculations, based on Tom Clancy's book,.........my son should have parachuted or helicoptered into Pineland early this AM. This is like knowing your son is competing at the State Wrestling tournament, or the BIG football game.........unable to watch! How miserable!
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:21   #30
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

Keepin him in my thoughts as well K. I'm sure he's doin fine...albeit tired, pissed off and hungry. He'll do fine!

D