Old 08-25-2011, 08:57   #1
WayoftheWolf

Dog and a wolf

In accordance with the ROE of this website, I have searched high and low for an answer to my question. If per chance I have missed my answer, I do apologize. I will improve my SA, stay in my lane, do PT, work on my 25m target, or work on any other colorful insights you have to offer me for my lack of Rowan like behavior. I have a well trained german shepherd and a wolf. How diffficult will it be for me to take care of my dogs during the Q course? I have made arrangements for them for basic, AIT, Airborne, and SOPC. Should I make arrangements for them for SFQC? Keep in mind that the wolfpack is my family. I am not sure if I should find this funny or scary; but, my mother told me to find a good girl and knock her up so I have someone to watch the dogs. My reply to her advice...Thanks mom
Old 08-25-2011, 09:10   #2
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayoftheWolf View Post
In accordance with the ROE of this website, I have searched high and low for an answer to my question. If per chance I have missed my answer, I do apologize. I will improve my SA, stay in my lane, do PT, work on my 25m target, or work on any other colorful insights you have to offer me for my lack of Rowan like behavior. I have a well trained german shepherd and a wolf. How diffficult will it be for me to take care of my dogs during the Q course? I have made arrangements for them for basic, AIT, Airborne, and SOPC. Should I make arrangements for them for SFQC? Keep in mind that the wolfpack is my family. I am not sure if I should find this funny or scary; but, my mother told me to find a good girl and knock her up so I have someone to watch the dogs. My reply to her advice...Thanks mom
Are the dogs male or female? Fixed?

Option One, adoption. Two, turn them out into the Michigan woods. Three, take them out back and put them down. Four, send them to the Reservation, we like dog.

What would a logical, aware, and educated person do?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06   #3
stickey
Guerrilla

try
http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/

(Team Sergeant edit, that is a very cool idea, I fixed the URL. Thanks for posting that!)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post

Option One, adoption. Two, turn them out into the Michigan woods. Three, take them out back and put them down. Four, send them to the Reservation, we like dog.

You are a very twisted, mean, unsympathetic, ruthless and cruel bastard! And I'm damn glad to know you! There's so few of us left......
Old 08-25-2011, 13:11   #5
stickey
Guerrilla

TS,

They also have a facebook page and will post pics of the pets being watched back home by the foster parents. Really cool idea, glad someone thought of it. Makes a lot of sense. Being an animal/pet lover, I really like being able to see the pics they post with the fosters when the pets look very well-taken care of and comfortable.
Old 08-25-2011, 13:22   #6
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I have a well trained german shepherd and a wolf. How diffficult will it be for me to take care of my dogs during the Q course? I have made arrangements for them for basic, AIT, Airborne, and SOPC. Should I make arrangements for them for SFQC? Keep in mind that the wolfpack is my family. I am not sure if I should find this funny or scary; but, my mother told me to find a good girl and knock her up so I have someone to watch the dogs. My reply to her advice...Thanks mom
Dude, you gotta figure out how to reduce the weirdness level first.
Old 08-25-2011, 13:56   #7
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Don't know shit about wolf's,but do about dogs and just wondered if they would take him/her?.............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 14:12   #8
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Don't know shit about wolf's,but do about dogs and just wondered if they would take him/her?.............

Big Teddy
I've seen domestic dogs turned out in Wyoming. Females are quicky absorbed by wolves, but only if they are young, breedable and of the larger breeds, (Golden Retrievers, Labs, German Shepards, etc.). I would not expect any dog to survive a winter without superior hunting, theft, fighting skills and a shout winter coat.

Males of any breed are just chewed up, wolf or not.
Old 08-25-2011, 14:33   #9
WayoftheWolf

Quote:

Shepherd is male. Wolf is female. Both fixed. What would a logical, aware, and educated person do? Put the dogs before himself. They like the Res in Michigan.
Old 08-25-2011, 14:35   #10
WayoftheWolf

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickey View Post
try
http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/

(Team Sergeant edit, that is a very cool idea, I fixed the URL. Thanks for posting that!)
Thank you
Old 08-25-2011, 14:40   #11
WayoftheWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
Dude, you gotta figure out how to reduce the weirdness level first.
Sir, I will work on that right away. Your not the first person to tell me that or the last. Im laughing so hard right now. Thank you.
Old 08-25-2011, 15:05   #12
Pete
Quiet Professional

WotW

WotW;

Stop and think here for a bit. The animals are your's - for now.

Basic, AIT, BAC starts adding up to a lot of time to farm out your pards. The Q Course will be in and out, here and there - and a PCS to Bragg which means you have to find a place to live - that allows large pets.

Your two friends are large animals and they would not be very happy in a crate all day - and might start destroying an appartment out of loneliness.

It sounds simple - zip in for PT - zip home play with the critters - back to work - home for lunch - work - oops have to work late.

And then you graduate and deploy. "SGM I can't deploy - my dog & wolf sitter bailed on me."

Think long and hard on what you're fixin' to do.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 15:17   #13
wet dog

Quote:
Shepherd is male. Wolf is female. Both fixed. What would a logical, aware, and educated person do? Put the dogs before himself. They like the Res in Michigan.
You're beginning to think, a bit. Dog are not humans, they're dogs, and they think like dogs, they will live like dogs, and love those who treat them as such. I'm a big dog lover myself, but I also love chicken soup.

Find a good home for them, and leave.

Be advised, my desire to enter SF was strong. I gave one friend a truck, another a car. I gave my folks a hug and a few other friends a complete set of young girl friends and a few older experienced lovers.

All seemed happy with the exchange, I focused on training.

Last edited by wet dog; 08-25-2011 at 15:25.
Old 08-25-2011, 15:23   #14
WayoftheWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
WotW;

Stop and think here for a bit. The animals are your's - for now.

Basic, AIT, BAC starts adding up to a lot of time to farm out your pards. The Q Course will be in and out, here and there - and a PCS to Bragg which means you have to find a place to live - that allows large pets.

Your two friends are large animals and they would not be very happy in a crate all day - and might start destroying an appartment out of loneliness.

It sounds simple - zip in for PT - zip home play with the critters - back to work - home for lunch - work - oops have to work late.

And then you graduate and deploy. "SGM I can't deploy - my dog & wolf sitter bailed on me."

Think long and hard on what you're fixin' to do.
Everything you say is true. The pack have never been in a crate before and wouldn't want to start. They are good for long periods of time as long as they get PT every day. I don't really want to be distracted by the pack while I am training; so, I would not leave. I don't really have a problem paying to have someone watch them. I have friends in Columbus. I would never use my animals as an excuse not to deploy. I could get my family to watch my pack for 6-12 months. I guess after getting all this advice, my dilemma is the long term care for my animals. What is my responsibility to my dogs? Can I justify myself?
Old 08-25-2011, 15:43   #15
WayoftheWolf

Quote:
You're beginning to think, a bit. Dog are not humans, they're dogs, and they think like dogs, they will live like dogs, and love those who treat them as such. I'm a big dog lover myself, but I also love chicken soup.

Find a good home for them, and leave.

Be advised, my desire to enter SF was strong. I gave one friend a truck, another a car. I gave my folks a hug and a few other friends a complete set of young girl friends and a few older experienced lovers.

All seemed happy with the exchange, I focused on training.
Your great. Thank you! Got rid of everything else. Just trying to square the dogs away.