Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > KnuckleDragger Questions

Old 04-14-2004, 22:16   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

PayPal

Ok, I went to the website and read. Now what's the downside and the risk? I've been hearing about this for a while and I think I need to know how it works. On both ends. It may solve a problem I have.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 22:21   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

NDD:

Works fine, I use it.

Be aware that unless you pay extra for it, once the money is sent, it is gone.

Very little interest in helping you recover, even if you are ripped off.

That is the only downside I have seen, other than a small transaction fee for the recipient.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 22:23   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Sounds good. I've been trying to find an easy way for clients to pay for reports, this might be it. Thanks.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-14-2004, 22:30   #4
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

What TR said.

I use it as well. I have had no problems thus far.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 22:31   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thanks. I'm going to play with it and talk to them and see what they think. I'm tired of being payed with chickens.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:16   #6
CommoGeek
Guerrilla

Concur with TR's post. I've used it about 15 or so times with no issues.
CommoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:38   #7
Kyobanim

My wife has been using it for her business for several years now. The few problems she's had have been solved with several phone calls to them. They have an arbitration process that seems pretty fair, though somewhat slow.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:12   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

As much as they take out, buy your own software and set up a website. I can recommend a webmaster.
Old 04-15-2004, 17:59   #9
Para
Quiet Professional

We have used the arbitration process on an ebay purchase that was misrepresented. While she may have not have gotton 100% of what she wanted, the seller to pay for the return frieght, we did get a refund on the purchase price itself. The process was relatively smooth and handled in a reasonable time frame (a couple weeks).
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:50   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately, we are not yet providing services in the country in
which you reside. Establishing our service in each new country involves complex changes due to different regulations in each country. We are working hard and look forward to expanding our services to additional countries in the future.

At this time, membership is available to residents of the following
countries:

*Anguilla *Argentina *Australia *Austria *Belgium *Brazil *Canada *Chile *China *Costa Rica *Denmark *Dominican Republic *Finland *France*Germany *Greece *Hong Kong *Iceland *India *Ireland *Israel *Italy *Jamaica *Japan *Luxembourg *Mexico *Netherlands *New Zealand *Norway *Portugal *Singapore *South Korea *Spain *Sweden *Switzerland * Taiwan *United Kingdom

Click https://www.paypal.com/intlavail or copy and paste the link into the address bar for more information on Non-U.S. availability.

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you.

Sincerely,
Lori
PayPal Customer Service
PayPal, an eBay Company

Lori,
You have no idea how much you have inconvenienced me and you can't begin to understand my frustration.

DAMN! And people wonder what made Charlie Whitman climb the tower.

Like I said, nothing's ever easy.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-02-2004, 08:59   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Can you use a US Bank, CCD, and drop address?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 05-02-2004, 09:01   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'm working on a cover as we speak. It'll take a while, but I'll get 'er done.

I don't care much for Lori.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-02-2004, 09:04   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

As long as the address is accepted by the credit card company and or the bank, you should be GTG.

Maybe add it as a secondary mailing address?

Only issue is that most vendors you buy from will want to ship only to the address Paypal has on file.

Put Lori on The List as an enemy of The People and offer her a free vacation to exotic Colombia.

TR