Old 10-02-2007, 21:33   #16
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc View Post
I have to say, from everything I've heard the Q Course is right.

On another note, I would be careful about comments regarding the Bravo course being more difficult than the Delta course. That kind of thing has been known to result in massive numbers of shot records "lost" in some type of catastrophic tragedy...

Having gone through both (18B first, then a reclass to 18D) -- I will agree with the large medic from SOTB.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 22:21   #17
Daver
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Thanks

JRM,
Sorry I didn't see your comments sooner. Thanks for the comments about the A Co cadre in my Bn. They are true great American's and they do great things with the new Officer's who will become our next generation of Team leaders. Unfortunately, we have been prevented from going to Ap Hill anymore and we conduct that training in Pineland now...AKA, Camp MacKall and the surrounding area. Thanks for you support and I hope the guys gave you something as a thank you before they pulled stakes up there and came back down here. Maybe in the future we can figure out a way to get back up there and enjoy the outstanding facilities AP Hill always had for us.

V/R

Daver
Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 22:29   #18
jrm_canine
Asset

Daver...thanks for the reply. I was unaware that your guys were not going to AP Hill any more. I was forced to medically retire in June 2006 and moved back to the mountains in Southwest Virginia. The guys did take good care of me before I retired and hooked me up with a set of the nice hat and t-shirt like they all wore....two of my prized possesions and a daily reminder of my friends in harms way and I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers every day. As I said in my original post above, knowing and working with these guys was the highest honor of my life and I will never forget!! I hope that you all have a safe and peaceful Veteran's Day tomorrow....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

"There is a true glory and a true honor, the glory of duty done, the honor of integrity and principle" -Gen. Robert E. Lee

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived"-Gen. George S. Patton
jrm_canine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 23:08   #19
Daver
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up More info on Phase III MOS Training

It's been a while since I've posted but I wanted to send an update of the Phase III portion of the SFQC.
Since my last posting on this subject, we have taken on the Warrant Officer basic and advanced course. The MOS phases continue to amaze me with all the "STUFF" we teach here now. Nearly 20 years ago when I attended to Q course, the only guys who pulled a trigger were the 18B's...now every MOS spends at least 3 days (18B much more) executing the first several blocks of CMMS from the SFAUC program. Every student leaves here now with the basic shooting skills to attend a group SFAUC and not need any train up. The cadre are motivated to teach these guys how to shoot and how to shoot properly!
I can safely say that standards are very high and if anyone says different...I will let them know they are mistaken...sorely mistaken! The SFQC is harder then when most of us went through....it's certainly harder then when I went through The 18B MOS is still the toughest course to pass but we have modified some teaching methodologies and we are seeing higher pass rates...this is directly due to cadre efforts and how we present the material.
The cadre are the linchpin to what we do and our success is due directly to their efforts. There is no "Downtime" anymore for cadre in SWC. Those days ARE LONNGGG GONE!
During the last USASOC CSM conference in September, every BN and Group CSM said the guys we are sending them are doing a great job and are very well trained and the CSM's have no problems with them. As long as the force is happy with the warriors we send them, I know I am doing my job but more importantly, they are well trained to keep taking the fight to the enemy..no matter what cave, mosque, or innocent civilan home they hide their sorry asses in!
Thanks...

Daver sends..........
Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32   #20
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver View Post
The SFQC is harder then when most of us went through....it's certainly harder then when I went through The 18B MOS is still the toughest course to pass but we have modified some teaching methodologies and we are seeing higher pass rates...this is directly due to cadre efforts and how we present the material.
Well everyone know's the people who go Bravo aren't the sharpest tool's. That's why it's the hardest one.

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:33   #21
Guy
Quiet Professional

Talking LMMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post
Well everyone know's the people who go Bravo aren't the sharpest tool's. That's why it's the hardest one.
Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:47   #22
mffjm8509
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver View Post
The cadre are the linchpin to what we do and our success is due directly to their efforts. There is no "Downtime" anymore for cadre in SWC. Those days ARE LONNGGG GONE!
This is unfortunate and consistent with what I've been hearing. When I worked at SWCS we had the benefit of good cycle breaks to keep us focused during sometimes long and stressful cycles.

With our guys deploying on annual 7-8 month combat rotations in Group indefinitely, I wonder if we are doing a disservice to them by not allowing somewhere they can get some "downtime".

It is already a challenge to find quality guys to WANT to work at SWCS. What do we have to offer them in return if it isn't quality family time and a chance to get some college?

mp

MDP

"May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent
mffjm8509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:31   #23
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post
Damn, Bro. Hope you never need covering fire.

Oh, yeah, my 18D reclass was all Bravos... and we graduated 75% - the difference between DHG, and HG was 1 point, DHG and last in class was 15 points. A lot of the guys in that reclass went on to become WOs...

Weapons and bodies both need mechanics.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote