Old 03-10-2014, 23:44   #1
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Question ODA 1326

I'm looking to verify a patch I picked up on FOB Warhorse 2008-2009 time frame. I won't post it here but if you'd like to take a look, I'll be happy to PM it to you or e-mail you a picture of it.

Red
RedLegGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:17   #2
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Since its kind of cryptic without a picture, I'll post a fake from ebay that is similar in design to get the ball rolling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake.jpg (12.0 KB, 124 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 19:29   #3
LongWire
Quiet Professional

What's your point?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 21:30   #4
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
What's your point?
Before joining up in '06 I collected US WWII stuff. Since I got out, and a little bit while I was deployed, I changed focus to collecting modern uniforms, helmets etc. I think its important to save this stuff before air-softers get a hold of it all and its gone.

I'm respectfully asking for verification that the patch I have was a team patch. I got it on Warhorse, doing research a bit I found that the team was in the area so I'm trying to get that final piece of verification.

Red
Old 03-12-2014, 19:59   #5
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Post the real pic, unless someone has an objection. It's not persec, maybe someone has seen the real image.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 20:44   #6
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
Post the real pic, unless someone has an objection. It's not persec, maybe someone has seen the real image.
Cropped it a bit, but here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1326.jpg (13.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 21:03   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

You do realize that A-Teams do hats, tee-shirts, patches all the time.... When I was on 113 we did a bunch of hats and such. There's nothing wrong with posting a pic of the patch.....
Old 03-12-2014, 21:19   #8
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
You do realize that A-Teams do hats, tee-shirts, patches all the time.... When I was on 113 we did a bunch of hats and such. There's nothing wrong with posting a pic of the patch.....

Yeah my buddy was telling me about some of the stuff you guys do. Talking to him as well it was clear that these type of patches are either team stuff or "atta boy" kind of stuff. To me its important to get the real deal and make sure it doesn't get destroyed by some means.

Ebay is rife with fakes because of what you guys do day in and day out and the unscrupulous sellers present what they have as the real deal. I was kind of leery to post the patch for that reason, someone copying it and then suddenly your real team patch is now faked.

As for the crop, there is nothing vital on the edges, just the sides of the patch. Those areas are also black.

If I haven't said it yet, I do appreciate ya'll taking the time to talk about this.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:23   #9
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

The history of SF team patches, hats and t-shirts is a long one pre-dating the Vietnam era. We used to have our own company patches in the 1980s in 20th Group.
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 13:31   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLegGI View Post
Yeah my buddy was telling me about some of the stuff you guys do. Talking to him as well it was clear that these type of patches are either team stuff or "atta boy" kind of stuff. To me its important to get the real deal and make sure it doesn't get destroyed by some means.

Ebay is rife with fakes because of what you guys do day in and day out and the unscrupulous sellers present what they have as the real deal. I was kind of leery to post the patch for that reason, someone copying it and then suddenly your real team patch is now faked.

As for the crop, there is nothing vital on the edges, just the sides of the patch. Those areas are also black.

If I haven't said it yet, I do appreciate ya'll taking the time to talk about this.
Ebay is rife with all sorts of fake products. Think about this, how many team guys do you think are selling their "team" Special Forces patches, hats to the public etc? The number might be close to "zero". Good luck with your purchases.
Old 03-13-2014, 15:18   #11
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Ebay is rife with all sorts of fake products. Think about this, how many team guys do you think are selling their "team" Special Forces patches, hats to the public etc? The number might be close to "zero". Good luck with your purchases.
Exactly. That's why I don't buy stuff like this off ebay.

Thanks guys for the input.

Last edited by RedLegGI; 03-13-2014 at 15:34.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:04   #12
CRUSADERSTEEL
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLegGI View Post
Cropped it a bit, but here it is.
If it's jsut confirmation you want, it's real. I was on 1323 and our AOB was located at Warhorse during that time frame. But just like TS said there is no "official team patch" they change on a whim or a new TmSgt comes in and wants to change it or some new cool slogan is found and everyone want's to incorporate it. Hell I remember a 6 week JCET we did in PI we had like 10 different patches made, all different. But that is the patch that 1326 was using then and all the way up to Aug 2011 which is when I came off active and went to 20th.
CRUSADERSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40   #13
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSADERSTEEL View Post
If it's jsut confirmation you want, it's real. I was on 1323 and our AOB was located at Warhorse during that time frame. But just like TS said there is no "official team patch" they change on a whim or a new TmSgt comes in and wants to change it or some new cool slogan is found and everyone want's to incorporate it. Hell I remember a 6 week JCET we did in PI we had like 10 different patches made, all different. But that is the patch that 1326 was using then and all the way up to Aug 2011 which is when I came off active and went to 20th.
Thank you very much for that, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Red
Old 03-24-2014, 15:17   #14
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSADERSTEEL View Post
Great, now we'll see that patch on ebay for $10,000
Old 03-24-2014, 16:44   #15
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

I've still got 6 Original RT New York Patches and I've been offered over $50K for them!!