Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 02-13-2020, 07:58   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Job Openings, 100K Bonus :]

PSA
Listen up all the 180A's

Quote:

A Military Personnel Message released Monday by Army Human Resources Command says the Army is offering Special Forces Warrant Officers lump sum accession bonuses of $20,000 for six years of service, and lump sum retention bonuses of $100,000 for another five years of service, to Special Forces Warrant Officers.

It's no wonder the Army wants to hold onto these soldiers — the specialized skills they pick up over the course of their careers are of high value. The accession bonus is targeted towards senior non-commissioned officers who go into the Warrant Officer cohort, according to CW5 Jeffrey Burmeister, command chief warrant officer for the Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School.

The $100,000 bonus is for mid-level warrant officers who may be deciding whether or not to continue with their military career.

"These warrants are, generally speaking, mid-level managers with 17 to 19 years of military service getting ready to make a change in their life direction, deciding whether to go over 20 or join the civilian work force," Burmeister said.

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-spec...dedUBQqM1OJWc8

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 22:40   #2
tst43
Guerrilla

100k? I'd say the Army is getting a bargain, given the skill-set of the men in question. I wouldn't think it is about money for those who choose to stay, but I imagine the bonus $$$ doesn't hurt either. At any rate, I am glad the Army recognizes the need to do all it can to hang on to such irreplaceable experience.
tst43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:31   #3
BlackSunrise
Quiet Professional

I believe this is an attempt to control the hemorrhaging. Seems that across the ranks when guys are nearing the 20yr retirement zone they are more prone to cut sling load and begin a new track. I know that currently 180As that have been hitting that zone tend to be CW2s and end up leaving instead of pushing for CW3. This has been creating a huge deficiency and retention gap in the CW3-CW4 zone.

Same can be seen for the E-8s waiting to hit E-9, been witnessing a lot of those guys jumping ship lately. I think they are just getting fed up playing the waiting game.

At this current point and time, that is a lot of experience walking out the door. It will be interesting to how this impacts retention issues for 180As.