Old 03-25-2007, 16:43   #1
Texas
BANNED USER

Question 18a

Hey guys, this is Texas. I am in the 10th grade and I want sf to be career. I have a question. I am wondering if, after college, I get 18x, serve on an ODA for about 5 years, then decide I want to be 18a. So if I went to OCS, then I would be at the needs of the army when commisioned as a 2nd Lt. At this time, could I serve in a ranger battalion? Also, after earning Captain, would I have the possibility to become an 18a, or would I end up with some desk job or office clerk? I would appreciate any facts and suggestions. THANK YOU.

Texas
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 17:02   #2
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Hey guys, this is Texas. I am in the 10th grade and I want sf to be career. I have a question. I am wondering if, after college, I get 18x, serve on an ODA for about 5 years, then decide I want to be 18a. So if I went to OCS, then I would be at the needs of the army when commisioned as a 2nd Lt. At this time, could I serve in a ranger battalion? Also, after earning Captain, would I have the possibility to become an 18a, or would I end up with some desk job or office clerk? I would appreciate any facts and suggestions. THANK YOU.
Texas
With your complete lack of SITUATIONAL AWARENESS (SA). You will not be going very far at all!!

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE, as requested when you registered, and then OPEN EARS and KEEP MOUTH SHUT, read all that is in here and then we may consider answering your questions!!!

Till then, you shall have the title of FTFSI!!! (Failed To Follow Simple Instructions!!)

Have a very SF Day!!
Martin
Old 03-25-2007, 17:36   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Texas
Tex, are you a slow learner?

Is the Search button missing from your screen?

Let's see, graduate HS. 65% of the population.

Graduate college, maybe 30%, so 20% of HS kids who try make it that far.

Selected from SFAS, 30%, so 6% of that.

SFQC graduation rate, 80% of selectees, so maybe 4-5% of HS kids will who apply will be able to make it that far. I wouldn't count on that being a problem for you in the future.

I would say that you better focus on the 25 meter target, as we have told everyone slse who has asked a very similar question. Read rather than post for a few months. You learn more with your mouth closed and your ears open than vice versa.

And read my comments following yours on the Introductions page.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 18:40   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Texas
Here's a suggestion, don't post on this board again until I tell you to do so. (or I will ban you)

I don't even want to see your screen name again until two years pass.

You have my full attention.

Team Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)