Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 09-01-2018, 14:34   #31
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorps View Post
Here's a better definition of "privileged." ....
Privileged?

Like joining the board in June, making two posts and neither of them in the proper place?

You must think you're some kind of special.

Oh, by the way, you feel the same way about Clinton? Was he your President?

Don't answer that before you put the proper post in the proper place - then you can answer.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 14:44   #32
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Privileged?

Like joining the board in June, making two posts and neither of them in the proper place?

You must think you're some kind of special.

Oh, by the way, you feel the same way about Clinton? Was he your President?

Don't answer that before you put the proper post in the proper place - then you can answer.
I responded to your post in the same place where you first posted it, immediately following yours. What's wrong about that? And yes, I did feel the same way about Clinton, and still do. And if I'm responding to a comment made about McCain, where else would I make my comment, except under "John McCain Passes"?

Why not respond to my comment, instead of taking pot shots at me personally?

Last edited by hardcorps; 09-01-2018 at 14:49.
hardcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 15:16   #33
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

hardcorps, fill out your introduction in the thread titled “Introductions” according to the rules. Then come back and articulate your opinion with supporting facts.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 15:18   #34
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I responded to your post in the same place where you first posted it, immediately following yours. What's wrong about that? And yes, I did feel the same way about Clinton, and still do. And if I'm responding to a comment made about McCain, where else would I make my comment, except under "John McCain Passes"?

Why not respond to my comment, instead of taking pot shots at me personally?
Sheldon, Post your introduction in the “Introduction” thread. To do otherwise you will be banned.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 16:09   #35
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Sheldon, Post your introduction in the “Introduction” thread. To do otherwise you will be banned.
Okay, I got it now. Posted my intro, in the proper place.
Old 09-01-2018, 17:39   #36
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

Quote:
You should have picked the username “HardHead” instead of “hardcorps”.

Although knowing the regulars here that username may already be taken.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 19:10   #37
Pete
Quiet Professional

Too late.

Enjoy your new handle.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 19:31   #38
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Nope. Not yet. Click here.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 22:02   #39
Mycroft
Guerrilla

I thank him for his service to our country in the Armed Forces.

I did however take his attempt at killing CAP a little personally. I think our PAOs did too.
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:32   #40
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

I let Willy Wonka do all my talking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0327.JPG (53.3 KB, 54 views)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 15:35   #41
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
I let Willy Wonka do all my talking!
Sure, Willy, I can tell you more.

I co-wrote "Rambo III" and "Bloodsport," which are hardly shining examples of left wing Snowflake Cinema. Hollywood is not a solidly left wing anti-Trump monolith. The biggest Hollywood celebrity that I personally know is JC Van Damme, and he's a solid Trump supporter. Stallone swings that way too. There are others as well.

My initial post had nothing to do with Hollywood. I'm a Vietnam veteran too, and as such I take exception to unfairly dragging another veteran's name through the mud, specifically in this case, John McCain. That man took the oath, put on the uniform, and flew his Skyhawk jet into enemy missile fire. That's an American hero to me. It baffles me that other veterans are able to take pot shots at him, while lionizing a serial draft dodger. Yeah, sure, Bill Clinton and Mitt Romney were draft dodgers too, but they didn't throw insults at McCain. They didn't say that he was "no hero," because they like "people who don't get captured."
Old 09-06-2018, 15:55   #42
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Sure, Willy, I can tell you more.

I co-wrote "Rambo III" and "Bloodsport," which are hardly shining examples of left wing Snowflake Cinema. Hollywood is not a solidly left wing anti-Trump monolith. The biggest Hollywood celebrity that I personally know is JC Van Damme, and he's a solid Trump supporter. Stallone swings that way too. There are others as well.

My initial post had nothing to do with Hollywood. I'm a Vietnam veteran too, and as such I take exception to unfairly dragging another veteran's name through the mud, specifically in this case, John McCain. That man took the oath, put on the uniform, and flew his Skyhawk jet into enemy missile fire. That's an American hero to me. It baffles me that other veterans are able to take pot shots at him, while lionizing a serial draft dodger. Yeah, sure, Bill Clinton and Mitt Romney were draft dodgers too, but they didn't throw insults at McCain. They didn't say that he was "no hero," because they like "people who don't get captured."
I too am a veteran your opinion concerning John McCain is worth no more than mine. I earned that right to an opinion as much as any other veteran. The word hero is bandied about far to haphazardly as far as I am concerned. I am not impressed by what you wrote and who you know, your intro told us nothing about you but your posts speak volumes. Just my .02
Old 09-06-2018, 16:37   #43
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
I'm a Vietnam veteran too, and as such I take exception to unfairly dragging another veteran's name through the mud, specifically in this case, John McCain.
Many veterans, including John McCain, bring discredit upon themselves by their conduct after serving. If you doubt that just look at the number vets who have thoroughly brought dishonor upon themselves by lying about their service.
Here's a good place to start:
"Hall of Shame Inductees"

Claim what you will about your intentions, your words and attitude reflect those of the left and of the Never Trumpers.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 18:02   #44
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I too am a veteran your opinion concerning John McCain is worth no more than mine. I earned that right to an opinion as much as any other veteran. The word hero is bandied about far to haphazardly as far as I am concerned. I am not impressed by what you wrote and who you know, your intro told us nothing about you but your posts speak volumes. Just my .02
What else do you want to know about me that my intro didn't say? I'm also a graduate of Jump School and Ranger School, and I'm a combat veteran who spent a year in RVN with a USMC infantry battalion. So I've earned the right to express my opinions as much as any other veteran as well, especially if those opinions are about veterans. Sorry if they're not congruent with yours, but that's what makes these online forums lively and interesting. An echo chamber where everyone is repeating the same opinions and patting one another on the back for expressing the party line ends up being boring, repetitive, and a waste of time. You don't learn anything.
Old 09-06-2018, 18:47   #45
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

JMHO YMMV

Hardcorps, glad to see you come back. You still spout the liberal talking points about Trump being a draft dogger. You mentioned earlier that he lived in a New York penthouse as a child, that the family had a crooked doctor that gave him five medical deferments during the height of the Vietnam war and some other stuff.

Could you post up those supporting facts and discuss how Trump is any more or less “privileged” than the life that Sen. John S. McCain III (CPT US Navy Ret) had growing up?

One of these men heaps unquestionably praise on the men and women in uniform and has never stabbed those same in the back. The other not so much while serving as an elected official sitting on the committees most responsible for funding and supporting those same soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors during and after their service to the country. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has a dismal voting record on those issues. Don’t even get me started on where he stood regarding POWs and the surviving families of those MIA/POW not returned, not found. (Hopefully now that he’s dead those “classified” files can be de-classified and these families can find closure from a war fought so long ago.)

I don’t believe anyone here is besmirching McCain’s military service or his dedication and patriotism to country. Most of us have problems with the fact that he was the Washington DC “Swamp” maybe the Grand Poobah of the swamp! Republican John McCain put the “R” in RINO. Seems all his best friends are RINOs and Democrats. Hell, Ted Kennedy probably would have had nice things to say at McCain’s funeral. They could both be callled Lions of the Senate.

It’s really quite amazing that one man could live and prosper and die with such acclaim and well wishes by people and organizations (media, Hollywood. Planned Parenthood) that only ten years earlier referred to him as a Nazi, a racist, a war monger, and a liar. I mean really who is this lucky -

He survived crashing three Navy jets (Most Navy pilots would have only been given one crash if that) and someone without the name McCain who graduated at the bottom of his Annapolis Military Academy would have been tossed out of the Navy. (Just like the other Maverick - John was writing checks his body can’t cash, son you don’t own that airplane, the tax payers own that airplane.)
He survived the catastrophic fire onboard the USS Forestall (some think he’s partly to blame but there is no proof of that.)
He survived being shot down and becoming a POW for five and a half years in Hanoi and still was able to return to duty and command a fighter jet squadron until retirement. (That’s pretty impressive to pass all those flight physicals every year up to and until 1981.) (Even more impressive is all those post release black and white photographs of a strapping young man walking free, shaking hands, riding the bus, visiting Vietnamese children/orphans and finally getting to meet President Nixon in the Oval Office ‘on crutches’ - maybe he’d just visited one of those hellish VA hospitals in the Washington area. As a Senator he spoke of finding solutions but voted no on funding improvements.)

Was John McCain unlucky or the luckiest man on earth. He did after all marry Cindy Lou Hensley, aristocratic heiress to the Hensley distribution empire for Anheuser-Busch (richest ‘crooked’ family in Arizona) before running for Congress without meeting the state residency rules...and won!

And how could we forget his role in the Keating Five and the Savings and Loan scandal! Again, just lucky I guess.

The McCain-Finegold Act 2002, set the path for Citizens United, PACs and SuperPACs and other campaign finance issues plaguing elections past and present.

Everything Sen. John McCain, touched turned to shit, except John McCain! Even in death his divisive nature came out according to his final wishes.

“Reach across the isle - politics” that was for nearly four decades John McCain the “Maverick” looking out for John McCain and no one else.

My apologies for the long rant. I joined the Army a couple years before he became a Congressman I am a direct survivor of his politics regarding the military - good, bad, or with indifference to those who served. He undermined Reagan’s foreign policy objectives in the Middle East and Africa. He undermined the CIA in time of war and threw the people protecting the nation under the bus. If not for the first we may not have ever had the second. He undermined the VA healthcare system and unfunded popular parts of the GI Bill. Remember, everything he touched turned to shit!

Rest In Peace John S. McCain III, some people rest in hell because of what you’ve done.

(As I said, I tried to stay out of this thread)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote