Old 11-11-2011, 22:22   #1
11C MAH
Asset

Confused

A guy I know in the NG deployed and was attached to a group for a little bit and wears the sf patch on his combat side. I'm AD and I see 1st group soldiers who have deployed only wear the arrow head and airborne tab on the combat side. This guy wears the long tab, airborne tab and the arrow head. He is also not Special Forces qualified. Is that authorized?
Old 11-11-2011, 22:54   #2
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11C MAH View Post
A guy I know in the NG deployed and was attached to a group for a little bit and wears the sf patch on his combat side. I'm AD and I see 1st group soldiers who have deployed only wear the arrow head and airborne tab on the combat side. This guy wears the long tab, airborne tab and the arrow head. He is also not Special Forces qualified. Is that authorized?
The long tab is only worn on the left sleeve above the patch and it remains there regardless of the patch as it is an award like the Ranger tab.
It is not worn on the right combat patch side...inform your friend he is way wrong.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 23:59   #3
11Ber
Quiet Professional

If your friend was only attached and is not Qualified...next time you see him in uniform with tabs on punch him in the throat and take the tab off his sleeves.
11Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:25   #4
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Ber View Post
If your friend was only attached and is not Qualified...next time you see him in uniform with tabs on punch him in the throat and take the tab off his sleeves.
Because what are "friends" for...

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 15:33   #5
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Because what are "friends" for...
Well even this "old walrus" can answer that SF question(I usually avoid trying to answer questions on this tread because I've been out for a very long time)However both of you are right......... Nothing wrong at all with punching him in the throat to give him the message you don't wear tabs you haven't earned.......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote