Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-19-2011, 20:40   #16
XUSMICO
Asset

x

Last edited by XUSMICO; 01-24-2011 at 07:50.
XUSMICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 21:10   #17
Snaquebite
Area Commander

XUSMICO

Do not post again until you have complied with the instructions you recieved when you signed up here.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:31   #18
dogtag
Asset

Question to any Quiet Professional

Hello all,

First and foremost thank you for your time and attention. I read above the advice of a QP that if I'm shipping to boot in the proximate future that I should just resort to training/ rucking in issued boots.

In several other threads, particularly one created by the Reaper (thank you Sir) about SFAS preparation, several SF candidates had strongly recommended buying two pairs of personal choice boots customized to your foot and different scenarios (i.e. rucking - comfortable, one size larger for swelling and drainage OR climbing rope - hard soles etc. etc.). This was also reaffirmed in Get Selected.

Q: With everything considered, would it make sense to invest in a couple pairs of boots now (I ship for Benning 5/02), break them in, and hold on to them for SOPC and SFAS?

Q2: If so, I generally wear a size 12- 12.5 shoe wide in the toe (4E with asics running shoes) as my feet expand in the front. I've heard of many different brands of boots, but I was wondering if any QP can suggest a good pair that is SFAS acceptable? Also an insoles, I currently use Super Feet.

A PM or post reply would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 13:36   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Where do "issue" boots come from?

There seems to be a lot of confusion concerning this simple guidance.

Over half of you will never make it to selection.

Stop asking questions and do good PT.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 17:21   #20
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

If you are retired like me and somewhat bored check out the fact that Solid said in 2004 that he would be heading to selection in 2008. Then go to his profile and see when his last post was. He made nearly 1000 posts all the way up to the time to actually do what he claimed he was man enough to do.

Morale of the story, run your mouth when you are retired like me, not when you haven't done diddly.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53   #21
33army
Guerrilla

Thread from the Dead

I was looking for a thread concerning general boot discussion and this is the closest I found so here it goes.

Has anyone tried the new Danner Tachyons? Just curious as I am in the market for a new boot and saw them in my annual "Cool Guy Stuff" catalog from Ranger Joes. I currently have Rocky S2V's and I love them but in the way of cost I am not so in love with them. Any opinions/recommendations would be awesome. Back to PT.
Old 02-10-2013, 13:23   #22
33army
Guerrilla

I saw the Kinetics also. Those sound more like what I am looking for. The S2V's have been great considering I have beat them pretty bad over the last year. Definately using them for 12 mile gate but want to get something else.