Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-02-2005, 06:12   #46
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Another quick question about the Oakley Assault boots.

Actually its more of a clarification but do the SI boots have the logo/ patch on the side of the boots?

I'm about to order a pair but I can't use them for work if they have the logo/ patch on the side of them.

Thanks for any help.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:06   #47
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Actually its more of a clarification but do the SI boots have the logo/ patch on the side of the boots...

Thanks for any help.

There is a black 'O' for Oakley (duh) on the lateral side near the top that is about 1-1/4" in diameter. Not very visible unless you are looking for it. There is also an inverted traingle in the medial side of the boot around the ankle area that is red and silver. This one is much more visible, but a little black paint would cover it right up.

HTH

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:42   #48
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Thanks Crip.

Are the Oakley Assualt Boots the ones with out the red and silver logo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enlarge_one1.jpg (40.2 KB, 119 views)
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Old 02-02-2005, 07:49   #49
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Did the department get rejected for Oakley product placement once before?

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:03   #50
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Thanks Crip.

Are the Oakley Assualt Boots the ones without the red and silver logo?
The assault boot has the logo.

That is the meidial side of the boot though. I would imagine it could be painted over or removed easily.

I cant believe they are $225.00 through Oakley. They have them at LCI on Pope AFB for $140.00.

Crip

Old 02-02-2005, 08:40   #51
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey14
Did the department get rejected for Oakley product placement once before?
Not sure I'm following you on this could you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
The assault boot has the logo.

That is the meidial side of the boot though. I would imagine it could be painted over or removed easily.

I cant believe they are $225.00 through Oakley. They have them at LCI on Pope AFB for $140.00.

Crip
Crip,

I'm getting them a "different" way which is more reasonable then the $225.00 I could have sworn I saw some, somewhere on the internet that didn't have the red and silver logo. I guess I could try and remove the logo
Old 02-02-2005, 08:56   #52
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Never mind, was trying to be funny. I have failed my mission.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:08   #53
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey14
Never mind, was trying to be funny. I have failed my mission.
No worries Huey, I work graves now so I miss humor about as much as I miss drinking beer at night.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:18   #54
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Crip,

I'm getting them a "different" way which is more reasonable then the $225.00 I could have sworn I saw some, somewhere on the internet that didn't have the red and silver logo. I guess I could try and remove the logo
The only ones I have ever seen have the logo on them. Maybe one of the other QP's who have more experience with them will chime in with their knowledge.

Sorry I cant be further help.

Crip

Old 02-02-2005, 21:08   #55
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Well I just heard from my source they do make a set without the logo but you have to get them through the Oakley Mil/Gov program. All the other ones are the "civilian" model and have the logo.
Old 02-02-2005, 21:19   #56
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Not a QP, but mine do not have the Logo. Only a bronze colored "O" on the outside of the boot, right above the ankle. I purchased mine (desert tan) from somedamnbody on Ebay in april, before the tan ones even showed up in Oakley's catalog. The prices are steadily dropping, and if you have a choice, buy from an Authorized dealer so you can file for warranty repair/replacement WHEN they break down (notice I didn't say "If")
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 14:02   #57
Rotor Strike

I have the Black US Made Mil Boots and they do not have any Logo at all. They squeek like hell, though. Unless you can convince Erick to get Oakley to change sole material, you are just going to have to live with it. It's fine for my needs.
Old 03-07-2005, 20:43   #58
DennyL
Asset

Oakley Assault Boots

I have been wearing them on duty now for almost a year and they are without a doubt the best. I recently got "stuck" out for most of the night and my feet stayed warm and cozy. They feel like high quality running shoes. Anyone else wear them ?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:36   #59
zeroalpha
Operator

Quote:
Well I just heard from my source they do make a set without the logo but you have to get them through the Oakley Mil/Gov program. All the other ones are the "civilian" model and have the logo.

Correct. The Mil issue ones do not have the logo, the 'civvie' ones do... No difference as far s I can tell between them, aprt from the little logo on the inside as described before.
-=Ultimate Farce=-

(Ultimate Force (Farce) is a TV show for those who havent seen it)
zeroalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:54   #60
zeroalpha
Operator

My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyL
They feel like high quality running shoes. Anyone else wear them ?
Yeah, I have both the Black leather and also the Tan ones. I find the black leather gets quite soft after a while and does lose some of its umm 'tightness' around the foot. Not too much of an issue for me as I have a narrow foot, so I can just tighten the laces up a little more. They do seem to expand when worn for maybe over 10 hours at a time however. Basically the leather seems to stretch.

The Tan ones aren’t as comfortable as the leather IMO, as they are suede and canvas (?). The canvas doesn’t seem to free up all that much, (compared to the leather) so they are a little harder on the feet. Although they do wear in ok I found that the toe and heal areas don’t loosen up and if you walk some distance in them you do tend to get sore feet as compared to the black leather ones.

As described, they are really just like a running shoe that’s a boot. Very light and very comfortable when wearing them for long periods (Black Leather). The leather ones do make your feet stink however!

ALSO, the only REAL fall back on these things is the soles... they have bugger all traction in the wet (I have arsed over on more than one occasion because the soles were slightly wet and I was on a smooth surface) and are also VERY noisy when wet / damp on most smooth surfaces (concrete, tiles, vinyl etc) If you need a boot for covert entry, and it never rains where you are, then they are all good.... however if your feet may get wet, expect to be heard before seen.

I’ve also found that the soles are starting to wear out a little and the tread is disappearing. This of course is due to wear and not much you can do about it. (I’ve had my black ones for maybe 18 months and the tan for a little less than a year)

All over, as long as you take into account the rubber sole noise issue when purchasing, they are a pretty good and comfortable boot. I wouldn’t rate them in the real hard bush or mountain environment however, more light duty / urban type would be to go. (I haven’t worn the in a really harsh environment)

Would I buy them again? – Possibly, however I do like the look (and the reports) of the new BATES boots. So id have to look hard at them before going back to the Oakleys.

Just my thoughts.

zeroalpha
-=Ultimate Farce=-

(Ultimate Force (Farce) is a TV show for those who havent seen it)
zeroalpha is offline   Reply With Quote