Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 04-10-2007, 20:04   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

RIP, Sergeant.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 21:30   #17
Goggles Pizano
Area Commander

Rest in peace
You ask; What is our policy? I will say; “It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask; What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.-Winston Churchill
Goggles Pizano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 22:07   #18
vsvo
Area Commander

RIP
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26   #19
incommin
Quiet Professional

Rest in peace, honored warrior.

Jim

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Jim
incommin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:32   #20
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Bo's funeral

I will attend Bo's funeral in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA on Monday, 16 April.
MFFI115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 19:06   #21
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace Bo.

Carl, drop a hand full of earth for me. I remember Bo on Okie and the fun he had with newbies like us. He was one hell of a soldier. He will be missed greatly.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 19:12   #22
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947
Rest in Peace Bo.

Carl, drop a hand full of earth for me. I remember Bo on Okie and the fun he had with newbies like us. He was one hell of a soldier. He will be missed greatly.
WILCO
Old 04-13-2007, 17:44   #23
militarymoron
Guerrilla

i just heard about this today. Carl, i'm sorry for the loss of your friend. i met him last year at a friend's shop who asked me to bring along a couple of old 20 round M16 mags for Bo, for some kind of photography/illustration project that he had going. Bo was a friendly, really nice polite guy.
RIP Bo.
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 18:46   #24
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

RIP QP

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:05   #25
SF18C
Quiet Professional

RIP
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 13:44   #26
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Bo's funeral

I attended Bo's funeral yesterday. I drove from FLG to LA. I'm glad I went as about a dozen retired SF old fxxts were therE; Bucky Burress, Nicky Brockhausen, Alex Hernandez, Tony Aqxxxx, Jim Monahan and some guys I'm just too old to remember their names. Two active duty soldiers were there to fold the flag at the end of the service; LTC Shumate, Walt's son, from USASOC and a young CPT from the 19th.

The service was a traditional Buddhist conducted by a monk and was quite stirring. Monahan and one of Bo's brothers did the eulogies. His ashes will be spread at Raeford DZ, date TBD.

It was great to exchange Bo stories between his blood family and his SF family as there was much we learned about Bo's life and there was much they learned.
Old 11-13-2009, 19:19   #27
royeck
Asset

Hey Carl

Hey Carl,

Just thought I'd say hello, glad to see you're doing well. Someone mentioned you were a paramedic in Flaggstaff, AZ.

If you have a moment please email me at [email], would like to hear from you.

Roy

Last edited by The Reaper; 11-13-2009 at 19:48. Reason: Please read the rules and comply before posting again.
royeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 23:40   #28
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

RIP

Sayonara Bo. Rest in peace Warrior.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:09   #29
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Rest in Peace, Warrior .........................

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:49   #30
Mitch
Quiet Professional

Bo was my Friend

When I first heard about Bo's death back in 07, it was already too late to attend the funeral - not too many folks I would travel half way acorss the country for, living or dead, but Bo was one. I also never posted on t his thread - didn't actually know it existed, until today.

Bo and I were on the Scuba Team together at Devens (ODA 234), back in the 70s. For those of you that knew Bo, you knew he was several things at once. Strong and athletic, a little bit bow legged. He was odd at times too. Being a Japanese Pollock probably didn’t help. He would get excited about simple things all the time too; things that the rest of us would not even notice. And because he spoke with an accent, it tended to lead you to believe that he didn't understand – but he did.

He was on the Scuba Team, but he really didn't take to it naturally - I often thought he became a diver just so he could get more opportunities be near the fish - which he loved - he loved to catch em, cook em, and eat em.

Back in 78, our team went down to Key West, from Devens in January, to do a Requll - we spent a month down there. Bo took with him, two 50 pound sacks of rice, two big gallon cans of Kikkoman teriyaki sauce, and an electric fish griller. After our first weekend rec-dives, we caught enough hog-nosed snappers to keep us all fed for a month - and we were. I mentioned once on a previous post, that most teams have someone that gets the name of Mother. Well that was Bo - he didn't drink that much, usually, but some times... Usually he was interested in keeping everybody straight and making sure that everybody got the word, and that everybody had plenty to eat.

Bo and I both got hit with a man-o-war once (we were doing a beach recon and we were a two man dive team), Bo being thin and hard, like he was just seemed to feel the pain much worse than I did - it knocked the wind out him and we had to get him in the boat - that really pissed him off.

Later that same year, we did an Ice Dive at Mirror Lake at Devens. Bo was my swim buddy - the smallest dry suit we had was still huge compared to him - he was barely 5 foot tall - and probably had a 28" waist. So it was hard for him to get all the air out of that suit, and when he did, the suit would get so many wrinkles in it that he could barely move. That was the only Ice dive either one of us ever made - we both agreed that once was enough.

Bo would usually take a trip back to Okinawa once a year to visit his Family - in 77, he came back with a new machine that he paid a $1,000 for - it was a Sony Bemata. Now there is another trait about Bo that you need to know - he was never very "Technical, especially with electronics” So he asked me to come over to his apartment in Ayer to help him set up his new VCR - I had never seen one before either, so anyway we spent an evening together, drinking beer and figuring that thing out together - by the way. When Bo bought that, he didn't even have a TV - he preferred to read. Anyway, he bought a TV that same day and we hooked it up to find out he needed an antenna - I went across the street, there on Main in Ayer to the Radio Shack and bought one for him and set it out on his balcony - reception was great after that.

Bo was a good skier too and was tough to keep up with on cross country treks. Because he was so small, he could never find ski outfits - until one day when we were skiing out at the local mountain - he showed up in the good looking one piece outfit - complete with hood. We asked him where he got it and he told us for the "Boy's department at Filene's in Boston.

When he retired, he surprised us all by going to work immediately for Fidelity Investments - from that day on, every time we saw him, he was in a three piece suit - he looked sharp.

I could go on and say more, but just leave it as this - Bo enjoyed everything he did, he enjoyed everybody he met, he was a tough guy that did not act tough - I still miss him too.

Last edited by Mitch; 11-14-2009 at 20:30. Reason: Deleted the double post.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote